The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

sarah smile

4 posters

Go down

sarah smile Empty sarah smile

Post  floridafun Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:02 pm

Lyda Green is the State Senate President in Alaska, a Republican cancer-survivor from Palin's own Wasilla. here is governor sarah giggling her way thru a mocking radio discussion where the subject is lyda..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKkydrUnBZE
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

sarah smile Empty Re: sarah smile

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:42 pm

Well, at least it didn't sound like the laugh was plagirized. And I doubt Sarah Palin has ever said you can't go into a Dunkin Donuts or 7-11 without a slight Indian accent. And I'm sure some would have had a problem if Palin would have described Lyda as "articulate, bright, and clean and a nice-looking woman."
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:39 am

If this is the best you can come up with then Nobama should throw in the towel. I was very excited to meet up with some of my Democrat buddies tonight and find that I'm not alone in my excitement about Sarah. 6 crossover voters who have never voted republican before and I highly doubt we're alone. No wonder there is such an effort to discredit this choice considering it's the only vote for real change we have. She has a sexy laugh!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:50 am

Vis wrote:If this is the best you can come up with then Nobama should throw in the towel. I was very excited to meet up with some of my Democrat buddies tonight and find that I'm not alone in my excitement about Sarah. 6 crossover voters who have never voted republican before and I highly doubt we're alone. No wonder there is such an effort to discredit this choice considering it's the only vote for real change we have. She has a sexy laugh!

This is exactly what my wife says, that lots of people will now punch the McCain-Palin ticket. I think she's hot but I can't bring myself to pull the lever for her looks. What else does she have? Zero experience. Does anyone honestly think drilling and pipelines for Alaska are going to put a dent in our energy consumption? Change? No. Pipedream, yes. Seems like McCain is putting all his chips on the pretty lady, and drilling.

This will be called the "McCainiac-Palin could have..." for many years.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:52 am

Vis wrote:If this is the best you can come up with then Nobama should throw in the towel.
No kidding. Oh, she giggled. The horror!
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:34 am

Meta,
I get where you are coming from and don't disagree entirely but I would suggest that many of us feel that way about Senator Obama. At this point I'm excited about her and as the election grows closer that may wane or grow as we find out more. How I and my friends ultimately cast our vote won't be known til we pull the lever but truly I'm just not getting the outrage (especially from Dems) over her being on the Republican ticket. We could go round and round about whether she has less, more, or equal experience to Obama and probably not change each others mind. I think that or similar discussions are what we should having, but if the argument against her is that she giggled on a radio interview then I have to wonder what is the motivation behind the opposition.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:33 am

Markwes wrote:
Vis wrote:If this is the best you can come up with then Nobama should throw in the towel.

ok so you dont find it rather immature and crass for a state governor, on a radio discussion, to be giggling at a verbal bully about making fun of her competitors cancer history , or the weight of a peer/same-party active senator. guess i hold a governor to a little higher standard than you do.

this has nothing to do with obama. altho if obama had been on a radio station giggling his pretty ass off at ted kennedy for his brain tumor, i suspect you would have felt that was a bit insensitive. i am looking up whats out there on her, she COULD be the next veep who COULD eventually become our prez...i had no idea i would find this clip. but i did find it rather soccer-mom-ish.
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:42 am

and my mind keeps going back to her saying she flew to texas in the final weeks of her pregnancy, her water broke, then she gave a speech, hopped on a plane to fly back to alaska to have the baby. having been pregnant, having had my water break while pregnant, there is something fishy there. highly unlikely with a normal pregnancy, but with a higher risk of knowing there was the downs syndrom in the mix it takes the unlikeliness up a few notches.

if she had been obamas pick i would still think that. i suspect she is really really stretching stuff to fit the image she wants to portray.
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:13 pm

meta4 wrote:
Vis wrote:If this is the best you can come up with then Nobama should throw in the towel. I was very excited to meet up with some of my Democrat buddies tonight and find that I'm not alone in my excitement about Sarah. 6 crossover voters who have never voted republican before and I highly doubt we're alone. No wonder there is such an effort to discredit this choice considering it's the only vote for real change we have. She has a sexy laugh!

This is exactly what my wife says, that lots of people will now punch the McCain-Palin ticket. I think she's hot but I can't bring myself to pull the lever for her looks. What else does she have? Zero experience. Does anyone honestly think drilling and pipelines for Alaska are going to put a dent in our energy consumption? Change? No. Pipedream, yes. Seems like McCain is putting all his chips on the pretty lady, and drilling.

This will be called the "McCainiac-Palin could have..." for many years.

I don't think this choice of VP will swing as many votes as some of the pundits think. McCain knows he can't win, so he's trying to pander to the evangelical and women voters.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:29 pm

Whether McCain ultimately wins or not; to say he has no chance is to simply ignore election history. It is far too close to call at this point.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:19 pm

floridafun wrote:
Markwes wrote:

ok so you dont find it rather immature and crass for a state governor, on a radio discussion, to be giggling at a verbal bully about making fun of her competitors cancer history , or the weight of a peer/same-party active senator. guess i hold a governor to a little higher standard than you do.

this has nothing to do with obama. altho if obama had been on a radio station giggling his pretty ass off at ted kennedy for his brain tumor, i suspect you would have felt that was a bit insensitive. i am looking up whats out there on her, she COULD be the next veep who COULD eventually become our prez...i had no idea i would find this clip. but i did find it rather soccer-mom-ish.
I heard nothing in that clip about her competitor's cancer history. This radio host referred to her as "a cancer", which I would call a bad choice of words, but means something totally different than the actual disease. And the response to the host calling Green a bitch was, in my view, more of a nervous laugh, like wow I can't believe he just said that. That's a completely bizarre thing to say to the governor and quite unprofessional, and I'm sure it caught her off guard.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:36 pm

Markwes wrote:I heard nothing in that clip about her competitor's cancer history. This radio host referred to her as "a cancer", which I would call a bad choice of words, but means something totally different than the actual disease. And the response to the host calling Green a bitch was, in my view, more of a nervous laugh, like wow I can't believe he just said that. That's a completely bizarre thing to say to the governor and quite unprofessional, and I'm sure it caught her off guard.
I didn't hear it either, and I agree, it probably was a bad choice of words ON THE PART OF THE RADIO HOST, not on Sarah's. I've heard the term "cancer" being used like that a number of times, usually to describe a baseball or football player who has become a distraction to their respective team.
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:56 am

big letters explaining the vid content right above where you click "play"

GOP VP pick Sarah Palin laughs at cancer surviving senator being called a "bitch"
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Mort Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:31 am

leave it to the media to screw it up for a great story line affraid
Mort
Mort
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 1400

https://therealboard.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:35 am

floridafun wrote:but i did find it rather soccer-mom-ish.

Yes, it was a little immature. Governor "giggler" vs. Dick "Go Fu*k Yourself" Cheney... WTFG GOP, way to follow suit!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Mort Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:39 am

Yes indeed the GOP seem to be slipping out of all the people to run for office they pick McCain?

And now this pick of a VP? It's keeping me laughing.. good show nice follow up after Bushco.

the whole thing is wierd

So did they hire someone to take out Obama and that's why they don't seem to be worried?

Or maybe they will just steal it again with the voting and the college... Basketball
Mort
Mort
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:43 am

Sarah gets +12 experience points for "hot mike". 288 experience points total! You gained a level! You are now Level 2!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:12 pm

Jugomugo wrote:I don't think this choice of VP will swing as many votes as some of the pundits think. McCain knows he can't win, so he's trying to pander to the evangelical and women voters.
Latest poll shows a virtual tie between the 2 candidates.

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2008-09/02/content_9752118.htm

With everything going against McCain (angst against the current admin, the Democratic Convention's popularity, the Iraq War) you would think Obama would have a 20 point lead on McCain. No chance? I think Custer had better odds...
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Mort Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:03 am

Custer cheers lol!
Mort
Mort
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:39 am

as always cincy it just depends on which poll you want to find...

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601103&sid=aEda5oZq3iJE&refer=us

50 Percent Mark

In a Gallup Inc. tracking poll covering the period of Aug. 30 to Sept. 1, Obama for the first time hit the 50 percent mark for public support in the poll, according to figures posted on the firm's Web site. He led McCain by 8 percentage points.

Obama also was ahead in a daily tracking poll conducted by Rasmussen Reports, which showed him with 48 percent support to 43 percent for McCain, a senator from Arizona.

A CBS News poll, which includes the vice presidential candidates, showed the Democratic ticket with 48 percent to 40 percent for the Republican candidates. In a CBS poll taken before Obama named Delaware Senator Joe Biden as his running mate and McCain picked Palin, Obama led by 3 percentage points.

The poll showed that public opinion about the vice presidential candidates is still forming.

While 37 percent of those surveyed said they have a favorable view of Biden, a six-term U.S. senator, 47 percent are undecided or don't know enough about him to have an opinion. Palin was viewed favorably by 22 percent in the CBS poll and two- thirds were undecided or didn't know enough about her.

Obama Ahead

A poll conducted by American Research Group Aug. 30 to Sept. 1 showed Obama leading McCain 49 percent to 43 percent. Another survey conducted for the National Journal's Hotline publication showed Obama leading 48 percent to McCain's 39 percent. Before the convention Obama had a 4-point edge in the Hotline/Diageo survey.
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:56 pm

floridafun wrote:as always cincy it just depends on which poll you want to find...
Yeah, I know. I apologize I didn't put a disclaimer on that particular poll and tried to blatantly persuade public opinion about how close this election really is. Wink
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down