The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I like Sarah Palin BUT...

5 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

I like Sarah Palin BUT... - Page 2 Empty Re: I like Sarah Palin BUT...

Post  Guest Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:53 pm

meta4 wrote:Where have I said that? Please quote where I said "she can't do the job because she's a mother" or "a man could do it"? READ.

She had already chosen the job as MOTHER, a quality she touts herself, as a measure of the experience she'll use in the VP position. If she shirks the regular duties as "mother" to serve in a "more important" position, what does that say to other "mothers" who feel the title of mother is just as good as the title of "Governor"?

I'm not asserting the notion that because she's a WOMAN, she's shirking a duty... MOTHER is a special kind of woman, especially to her children.

Y'all just keep charging those blasters... "These droids are not the misogynist you're looking for"

You are implying that she can't do both... that's what makes it sexist. And you brought up the whole issue of her being a mother in the first place.. implying that being a mother has any bearing on being the VP. Since men have had families and been VP, where they not fathers?

Why can't a woman be a mother and a VP? Why can men be fathers and VP's?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:55 pm

meta4 wrote:... wouldn't it just be easier to pick apart his voting record?

How hard is it to pick apart...."present"
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:56 pm

LTRT wrote:

It doesn't appear the word "is" is in there, so it would pass the Clinton smell test..
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:59 pm

Scooby01_98 wrote:

Geez I thought it took both parents to raise a family. That dads were just as important as moms? So maybe no one should hold office or a job if they have children at home.

I find it hypocritical that Obama's mom could hold a job and raise a son by herself yet a two parent family can't have someone work outside the home? Please tell me you got more than that!!

I think the (my) ideal family is two parents, mom and dad. Dad's (and I feel strongly about this too) are just as important as moms in the "ideal" home. I agree with you there and never meant to suggest one without the other. That would have taken into assumption, that all families are "ideal" families...

I'm not following you about the hypocritical nature of Obama's Mama (hehe). What/who are you saying is hypocritical?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:05 pm

cardinal5150 wrote:
Why can't a woman be a mother and a VP? Why can men be fathers and VP's?

I didn't say they both cannot. Where have I misused the word "man" when I should have said "father".

Generally, when speaking in context about a man's relationship to his children the word "father" is used - denoting the relationship, and the distinguished title.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:08 pm

omfg... I'm with OA... I think I'd rather talk about her butt...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:09 pm

pez wrote:omfg... I'm with OA... I think I'd rather talk about her butt...

Ok, pez... would you say that is a sexist remark? Very Happy
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:11 pm

dude... I'm busy trying to find pics of sarah palin's butt...

I like Sarah Palin BUT... - Page 2 John_mccain_butt
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:16 pm

pez wrote:dude... I'm busy trying to find pics of sarah palin's butt...

I like Sarah Palin BUT... - Page 2 John_mccain_butt
I like Sarah Palin BUT... - Page 2 5348651_0bdff6a18c
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooby01_98 Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:33 pm

meta4 wrote:
Scooby01_98 wrote:

Geez I thought it took both parents to raise a family. That dads were just as important as moms? So maybe no one should hold office or a job if they have children at home.

I find it hypocritical that Obama's mom could hold a job and raise a son by herself yet a two parent family can't have someone work outside the home? Please tell me you got more than that!!

I think the (my) ideal family is two parents, mom and dad. Dad's (and I feel strongly about this too) are just as important as moms in the "ideal" home. I agree with you there and never meant to suggest one without the other. That would have taken into assumption, that all families are "ideal" families...

I'm not following you about the hypocritical nature of Obama's Mama (hehe). What/who are you saying is hypocritical?

I am basically saying a single "working" mom raised Obama. In a lot of people's mind he turned out okay (heck I'll even admit that). Just because she has a family I don't think she or anyone should give up their career rather it be political/public or in the private sector. You never really heard that discussion asked of any candidate before Palin was made McCain's VP choice. So why is it OK for Obama to be president with a much more distracting job from his family than Palin? Because she is the mom? Come on their are some pretty shitty moms out there.

And since Obama whole message is about change, I really have a hard time seeing these same people with this 40's, 50's attitude that women should stay home and raise the kids.

And who am is saying is hypocritical....all the people who think she should stay home and be a mom.
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1642

http://www.nola.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:40 pm

I like Sarah Palin BUT... - Page 2 300343691v6_350x350_Front
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:42 pm

pez wrote:I like Sarah Palin BUT... - Page 2 300343691v6_350x350_Front

lol. That shit is funny. Wonder how many people will actually get it.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:45 pm

Scooby01_98 wrote:And who am is saying is hypocritical....all the people who think she should stay home and be a mom.

OK, I have never said she should stay home and just be a mom, she's already the Governor of Alaska. I'm definitely not saying she should quit that job... and I'm not even saying she has to be a good mom... she can be a shitty one too.

I just think she lacks sufficient leadership qualities. The word "mother" has been attached to her as a VP candidate and as a feminine quality that the campaign used as a representation of her character. I'm also now adding (ok, now speaking some of the mindset of middle class mothers) that this "job" is not taken lightly by many mothers (even though this isn't he 50s anymore) many of them may feel this is a conflict in priorities.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:22 pm

biden went home to his kids at nite when the senate was done with its business. he as a single parent was devoted to his kids well being and spent time with them, the greatest thing any parent can do. not a smart comparison to make. his kids are grown now. he will be able to do whatever is asked as veep or as prez, at a moments notice.

she is running on the platform of being a mother. lets speculate that within those first months poor john is for some reason incapable of taking care of his duties and she would become prez. it IS a possibility--with any candidate. want her deciding which changes to make in our constitution? what to do about afghanastan? how to handle visits to other countries? how to treat our enemies? are there a number of sensitive international areas where a degree of worldly knowledge could help? can she probably negotiate a crisis? it is not sexist to go after what she says are her job qualifications. she uses the soccer mom image as part of who she is..wouldnt being prez..or even veep, probably pretty much interfere with those kind of things? she uses the fact that she chose not to abort a fetus she found out would have downs syndrome as part of her right to life platform. commendable of course and happens often. but generally a mom making this decision thinks about some of the sacrifices she will need to make as a result of this committment. she doesnt seem to think thats an issue for her. guess she will have great child care to tend her kids needs and medical issues....but i am thinking of one particular nanny-basher here who doesnt seem to have thought that far ahead yet. i have not seen anything i would consider sexist yet directed at her. whats amusing about her view on sexism is...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/politico/20080904/pl_politico/13129

Just last spring, Palin herself scoffed when Hillary Clinton’s campaign complained about a double standard in coverage.

“When I hear a statement like that coming from a woman candidate with any kind of perceived whine about that excess criticism, or maybe a sharper microscope put on her, I think, 'Man, that doesn't do us any good, women in politics, or women in general, trying to progress this country,' ” Palin said.
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:49 pm

she brags saying no thanks to the bridge to nowhere..but supported it first. and is now having a dirt or gravel road where the bridge would have crossed to, paved. the locals call it the road to nowhere.

she is the first veep in my recollection to be nominated while there is an active investivation going on that questions her possible abuse of power as gov...she is being sued by the local policemans union too because somehow someone in her office got into the brother in laws personel file that is confidential and private, got info they had no right to see..and discussed the info in a taped call to the guy she eventually fired for not firing her ex brother in law. and that vendetta feud has been going on between her and her relatives and the brother in law since i think 2006. the complaints were mostly dropped because unprove-able.

one of those complaints was because ex brother in law shot a moose but tagged it with his wifes tag (sarahs sister who was married to him at the time). illegal, yes. do a whole lotta folks do it" hell yes. then the moose was taken to sarahs dads and the cop/brother in law family, the palins, sarahs parents all helped butcher and divided up the meat. then eventually sarah tried to press charges about it after her sister and the guy split and there was a custody dispute. the state legislators, predominantly rebublican, all voted an investigation was needed. now her new lawyer, hired after her veep nod, is whining is shouldnt happen thru legislature but thru some committee, where sarah appointed all the members.

sarah said it wasnt "book banning" but tried to force a librarian to remove some books she felt were inappropriate and shouldnt be in the public library. the librarian refused to remove the books. now i didnt check the timeline on this....but there is also a librarian who, soon as sarah was elected mayor, received a letter from sarah firing her and said it was because the woman hadnt been supportive of her. this woman i know received a settlement. dont know if both are the same woman.

ask sarah....for you, is it america first, or alaska first? i only know on vid she says alask first..but guess it depends on whose vote your after huh?

i dont wish to be ruled by another religious zealot who wants to dictate/legislate the choice of legal abortion, or the option of possible equality in marriage for gays. i dont want a religious zealot making all guns available with no restrictions or checks or guidelines. i dont want another religiouis zealot who will try to force biblical creationism mythology as a freakin science topic in schools. i dont want another religious zealot as a president claiming god wants him/her in office to fight this war until we self-destruct. i dont want another religipus zealot in the lead who refused to accept scientific facts regarding the damage we are doing to our earth, i dont want another religious zealot oil baron for president who makes sure wherever the oil is coming from, they will get rich off it and the lower echelon can pay the price..let them eat cake.
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:02 am

Laughing Laughing Laughing you slay me. You knoow that most everything you posted is incorrect and public record.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:10 am

Vis wrote:Laughing Laughing Laughing you slay me. You knoow that most everything you posted is incorrect and public record.
It is quite amusing isn't it? I stopped at "She is running on the platform of being a mother". I'm guessing this was based on the joke she made on being a hockey mom. I guess that makes it her platform. Laughing
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:17 am

I like Sarah Palin BUT... - Page 2 Pitbull_perrinpost
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:21 am

I'm waiting for the spin about how Biden's Senate responsibilities were so minimal it had no impact on his single father responsibilities to his children yet somehow so significant that in a few years prepared Obama to be president.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:22 am

Markwes wrote:
Vis wrote:Laughing Laughing Laughing you slay me. You knoow that most everything you posted is incorrect and public record.
It is quite amusing isn't it? I stopped at "She is running on the platform of being a mother". I'm guessing this was based on the joke she made on being a hockey mom. I guess that makes it her platform. Laughing
And I'm getting confused, who's running for president again and who's the VP nominee? Plus, I always thought Congress were the ones who made laws and sent them to the president, not the other way around?
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:27 am

If that were true then most effort in the Articles would have been devoted to congress and it would have come first. Oh Wait. Nevermind
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:07 am

LTRT wrote:

in some states legislative branches, including illinois, it is an acceptable and common practice to use a "present" vote to indicate there are good points in the bill under consideration, but you are requesting it be given further review and discussion for potential/possible changes. i certainly see nothing wrong with saying the whole thing shouldnt be trashed abd time wasted to repeat alot of whats in the current one to reassess anew..i think its fine to re-hash over the points that they find disagreement on instead.

hard for me to understand why "voting present" would need to be picked apart. he was recognizing the need for an issue to be addressed, agreed with plenty that is in the bill at hand, but felt some parts needed further discussion and possible adjusting.
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:28 am

Markwes wrote:

vis--sources to back you up please...i will be glad to share mine.

mark--in her every public comment since being announced, she brings up specifically being a mother of 5, being a normal person like us--hockey/soccer mom. how are those things not part of her platform then? she is using those things intentionally so why are they not considered part of her platform=what she brings up as being part of what she brings to the table as a refreshing new political outsider? its like saying dear john isnt running on the platform of being a tortured pow LOL!!

and cincy--i speculated about the possibility that IF john were unable for ANY reason to act as president, so you jump on it and see no comparison to veep qualifications versus prez qualifications as a way to blow off what i said. is it impossible for you to imagine a potential situation where dear john would not be able to continue? really? guess i gave you some credit in error..oops!
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:33 am

floridafun wrote:and cincy--i speculated about the possibility that IF john were unable for ANY reason to act as president, so you jump on it and see no comparison to veep qualifications versus prez qualifications as a way to blow off what i said. is it impossible for you to imagine a potential situation where dear john would not be able to continue? really? guess i gave you some credit in error..oops!
Hey, I just get the feeling from some on here that she's the one running for President, not McCain. My bad. Oh, but I guess she really is running for President though...President of the Senate, since that is the primary job of the Vice President.
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:37 am

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:
floridafun wrote:and cincy--i speculated about the possibility that IF john were unable for ANY reason to act as president, so you jump on it and see no comparison to veep qualifications versus prez qualifications as a way to blow off what i said. is it impossible for you to imagine a potential situation where dear john would not be able to continue? really? guess i gave you some credit in error..oops!
Hey, I just get the feeling from some on here that she's the one running for President, not McCain. My bad. Oh, but I guess she really is running for President though...President of the Senate, since that is the primary job of the Vice President.

If McCain dies in office, she would be President. I suppose that means Biden is "game on" for debate in the same way. Bring it.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next