The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

USA Today Gallup Poll Shows McCain leads

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

USA Today Gallup Poll Shows McCain leads Empty USA Today Gallup Poll Shows McCain leads

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:16 am

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=aHBx.Y8FBBoc&refer=home

I heard on the Today Show that last week, prior to the RNC, McCain was down 7 pts, now he's up 4, so an 11 point bounce from the RNC. Granted, the 50-46 margin is within their margin of error, so it's still basically a dead heat.

Disclaimer: Yes I know there are other polls out there and this is only one, and those other polls may or may not show the same numbers, so I'm not trying to say this is the one definitive poll we should all base things off of.
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

USA Today Gallup Poll Shows McCain leads Empty Re: USA Today Gallup Poll Shows McCain leads

Post  floridafun Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:43 am

wow i am so excited for the mccain camp! after almost a year of work he finally noses ahead! surely that means he will win the election!
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

USA Today Gallup Poll Shows McCain leads Empty Re: USA Today Gallup Poll Shows McCain leads

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:29 am

it is a marathon, not a sprint...
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:34 am

I think the man crush is finally starting to wear off in a lot of people. When you dig deep, and get past the Obama charm, you can see that he is not a true leader.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:16 am

hmm... I seem to remember a certain candidate being way behind to start, then slowly creeping up to overtake the "favorite" just a couple months ago...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:28 am

yea..after he won pretty-much-all-white-iowa and 6 states in a row....
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:34 am

Markwes wrote:I think the man crush is finally starting to wear off in a lot of people. When you dig deep, and get past the Obama charm, you can see that he is not a true leader.

i think those who are in his camp were never there for "charm".

did you know mccain is a POW? i have been reconsidering my vote not because of the obama charm factor, but because i recently learned mccain is a POW (altho in a camp where there was no torture by mccain definition. still...)--wow now thats creds!!
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:38 am

As we know by BushCo's definition of torture, and McCain's flip flop on the subject, McCain was yes, a POW, but no, was never tortured.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:53 am

If I decide to vote for McCain, it has nothing to do with the fact that he was a POW. Not sure how that has anything to do with this subject.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:54 am

is the left really going to try and make his POW/torture/non-torture be an issue? If so, just give up the election now, that won't do anything but sour every single American who values our military men and women. Whether you agree with how they are used is one thing, to belittle the experience of them is quite another.

That said, My reasons for going with McCain are simple.. he's open to every idea of new energy, he works with both parties and he understands that you don't use the military unless it's a last resort.. but it IS an option.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:59 am

I think this is an interesting take on things.

(from Canada Free Press)

Liberal Meltdown
By Nancy Morgan Sunday, September 7, 2008

In a delicious stroke of cosmic justice, it seems that the left, not the earth, is in meltdown stage. The sacred pillars of liberal orthodoxy are in the process of losing their underpinnings and it is not a pretty sight.

With the nomination of Barack and Sarah, three major industries and shibboleths of the left, feminism, racism and the media are losing their clout, big time.

The feminists who have preached against the 'social construct' of male patriarchy and female victimhood have achieved their stated goal, and they're furious. After 40 years, the feminist mantra that a woman can and should have it all, has come to fruition in Sarah Palin.

There's only one small problem. Palin doesn't buy into the feminist line. As Peggy Noonan so aptly put it, "she is a feminist not in the Yale Gender Studies sense but the How Do I Reload This Thang way." When feminists see Sarah Palin, they see a woman. When conservatives see Palin, they see a conservative. Who'se sexist?

Feminists are furiously backtracking on one of their core tenets, questioning whether Sarah Palin has the ability to juggle home and job. Instead of applauding a woman who has it all, they instead question whether she will have time to be VP, what with her family and all. Liberal feminist Whoppi Goldberg got it right when she described Sarah Palin as "a dangerous woman."

The Jacksons and Sharptons of the world who have spent their lives preaching racism are also in melt down stage. With the nomination of Obama, racism is in the process of becoming a hard sell, even the silent 'institutional racism' that has been in vogue these last few years. How will the race hustlers raise funds without genuine victims? How will blacks retain their hard won political power, which is based largely on white guilt? Who will pay for black oppression if there isn't any?

The presidential race of 2008 will go down in history as a turning point - as the pivotal event that exposed the shallowness of liberal policies, institutions and people. A mere 5 months ago, the liberals were on the brink of victory. And now…

Now, it appears that not only are the masses not buying what the left is selling, but have instead shown their stubborn allegiance to traditional values and God, as embodied so well by Gov. Palin. This, despite the herculean efforts by another liberal institution, the media.

The same media, which a study showed to have been the decisive factor in Obama's nomination, is now having to report that Palin is more popular than both McCain and Obama.

Unable to believe they've been on the wrong side of history, the media is lashing out in ever more frivolous and blatant attempts to smear Gov. Palin and prop up Obama. Only this time, they're encountering a backlash.

US Weekly Magazine is losing subscribers due to the vicious smear piece recently published about Palin. A new website has even been launched to organize a boycott of US Weekly and their advertisers. Adding insult to injury, Rasmussen reported a whopping 51% of American women believe the media is trying to hurt Sarah Palin and 24% say those stories make them more likely to vote for McCain.

More surprisingly, hundreds of small town residents in a small town outside Milwaukee "taunted reporters and TV crews travelling with Sen. John McCain on Friday, chanting "Be fair!" and pointing fingers at a pack of journalists as they booed loudly." Even Oprah is experiencing a backlash for refusing to have Palin on her show until after the election.

The media, like the rest of the liberal world, can't comprehend what is happening. The conservative, traditional worldview they thought they had thoroughly invalidated is rearing its ugly head and they can't understand, much less control, it.

Obama's nomination goes a long way towards discrediting the racism canard. And Gov. Sarah Palin shows that the American dream is available without help from either government or the self-anointed elites. She shows that faith in God is more powerful than faith in man. She shows that sexism and racism are indeed constructs, but artificial constructs designed not by old white men, but by liberal utopians - designed to achieve money and power, not liberation.

The times, they are a changin, but not in the way the left envisioned. The rules are changing as we speak. Because the liberal elites have consistently shown they are incapable of adjusting their world-views to include conservatives, I predict this will be the death of them. I'm smiling.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:11 pm

I agree with the article.. I think the left tried to go the route of the Clinton machine and discredit their opponents in the media indirectly and the nation wised up to it. I always thought Obama would be a lock if he would stay positive and avoid going negative against McCain or whoever. For the simple reason of he was selling himself and as he showed, it sells.

Now he's dropping into typical politics and bashing of "my opponent is evil" and the media can't stand that there is now a figure in the race bigger than BO.

Honestly, I didn't think Palin would make a big impact.. or even a noticeable impact on voters. She'll sway some to the right, but she'll also sway some to the left. I think the media is now doing a better job than McCain ever could in moving independents to the right by blasting a woman who's done nothing (after all, that's what they are reporting) but raise a family, come from no political background to potentially be the #2 person for the US.

Some say McCain threw up a hail mary with her.. and maybe he did.. but so far, it looks like he threw it to Randy Moss in the endzone and there's nothing but fat couch potato's trying to cover him.. I wouldn't be surprised to see all this hype go away soon... but.. so far it's working.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:14 pm

cardinal5150 wrote:I wouldn't be surprised to see all this hype go away soon... but.. so far it's working.

I think once she starts doing interviews, and participating in debates, it will change the course, and at minimum level the playing field. I feel she'll be a mouthpiece for the party, and people will see right through it.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:19 pm

Jugomugo wrote:
cardinal5150 wrote:I wouldn't be surprised to see all this hype go away soon... but.. so far it's working.

I think once she starts doing interviews, and participating in debates, it will change the course, and at minimum level the playing field. I feel she'll be a mouthpiece for the party, and people will see right through it.

If she listens to the handlers I think you'll be right.. if she goes out there and is herself and speaks on issues in her way, I think she'll surprise a lot of people and draw people even further in. Hopefully they let her be herself and don't try to make her into something she's not.. from what I've gathered I don't think they have an option.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:26 pm

cardinal5150 wrote:
Jugomugo wrote:

If she listens to the handlers I think you'll be right.. if she goes out there and is herself and speaks on issues in her way, I think she'll surprise a lot of people and draw people even further in. Hopefully they let her be herself and don't try to make her into something she's not.. from what I've gathered I don't think they have an option.

Honestly, I'd be tempted to be a fan of hers, if I didn't oppose her religious and political policies so much. She has character, but I just couldn't vote for someone with her beliefs.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:42 pm

Jugomugo wrote:I feel she'll be a mouthpiece for the party, and people will see right through it.

Not a bad gig for her IMO, she commands attention, and she's friggin' hot. However, she's definitely not VP material merely for these qualities.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:53 pm

Most recent electoral map ...Obama still leads.

First thoughts: Post-convention mapPosted: Monday, September 08, 2008 9:16 AM by Domenico Montanaro
Filed Under: First Thoughts, 2008
From Chuck Todd, Mark Murray, and Domenico Montanaro
*** The post-convention map: After the conventions and the candidates’ VP picks, Obama still maintains a slight electoral lead, according to NBC’s map. Obama has 228 electoral votes to McCain’s 200, with 110 electoral votes in the toss-up column. The changes from last month, when Obama held a 217-189 advantage: Missouri moves from toss-up to Lean McCain, Pennsylvania moves from toss-up to Lean Obama, and Wisconsin moves from Lean Obama to toss-up. We came VERY close to moving North Carolina to toss-up, but until we see one decent poll showing Obama ahead, we're not there yet. Every North Carolina poll has had McCain ahead, though it is worth noting the RNC and the campaign are finally up in the Tar Heel state with paid media.

Likely Obama: CA, CT, DE, DC, HI, IL, ME, MD, MA, NJ, NY, OR, RI, VT, WA (190 electoral votes)
Lean Obama: IA, MN, PA (38 votes)
Toss-up: CO, FL, MI, NV, NM, NH, OH, VA, WI (110 votes)
Lean McCain: AK, GA, IN, MO, MT, NC, ND, SD (64 votes)
Likely McCain: AL, AZ, AR, ID, KS, KY, LA, MS, NE, OK, SC, TN, TX, UT, WV, WY (136 votes)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:23 pm

Jugomugo wrote:but I just couldn't vote for someone with her beliefs.

That, IMO, will be a make or break for her. If she harps on it, I think it'll hurt her. If she simply says she's a Christian mom (or whatever) and believes those principals guide her and leaves it at that, I think it'll be a non-issue.

I don't really see religion being a big issue this time. None of the others appear to be all that religious, especially McCain. So I don't see the right pushing how their #2 is more religious than their #1. But I'm sure it'll be mentioned, especially in the midwest.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:05 am

Vis wrote:I think this is an interesting take on things.

(from Canada Free Press)

Liberal Meltdown
By Nancy Morgan Sunday, September 7, 2008

In a delicious stroke of cosmic justice, it seems that the left, not the earth, is in meltdown stage. The sacred pillars of liberal orthodoxy are in the process of losing their underpinnings and it is not a pretty sight.

With the nomination of Barack and Sarah, three major industries and shibboleths of the left, feminism, racism and the media are losing their clout, big time.

The feminists who have preached against the 'social construct' of male patriarchy and female victimhood have achieved their stated goal, and they're furious. After 40 years, the feminist mantra that a woman can and should have it all, has come to fruition in Sarah Palin.

There's only one small problem. Palin doesn't buy into the feminist line. As Peggy Noonan so aptly put it, "she is a feminist not in the Yale Gender Studies sense but the How Do I Reload This Thang way." When feminists see Sarah Palin, they see a woman. When conservatives see Palin, they see a conservative. Who'se sexist?

Feminists are furiously backtracking on one of their core tenets, questioning whether Sarah Palin has the ability to juggle home and job. Instead of applauding a woman who has it all, they instead question whether she will have time to be VP, what with her family and all. Liberal feminist Whoppi Goldberg got it right when she described Sarah Palin as "a dangerous woman."

The Jacksons and Sharptons of the world who have spent their lives preaching racism are also in melt down stage. With the nomination of Obama, racism is in the process of becoming a hard sell, even the silent 'institutional racism' that has been in vogue these last few years. How will the race hustlers raise funds without genuine victims? How will blacks retain their hard won political power, which is based largely on white guilt? Who will pay for black oppression if there isn't any?

The presidential race of 2008 will go down in history as a turning point - as the pivotal event that exposed the shallowness of liberal policies, institutions and people. A mere 5 months ago, the liberals were on the brink of victory. And now…

Now, it appears that not only are the masses not buying what the left is selling, but have instead shown their stubborn allegiance to traditional values and God, as embodied so well by Gov. Palin. This, despite the herculean efforts by another liberal institution, the media.

The same media, which a study showed to have been the decisive factor in Obama's nomination, is now having to report that Palin is more popular than both McCain and Obama.

Unable to believe they've been on the wrong side of history, the media is lashing out in ever more frivolous and blatant attempts to smear Gov. Palin and prop up Obama. Only this time, they're encountering a backlash.

US Weekly Magazine is losing subscribers due to the vicious smear piece recently published about Palin. A new website has even been launched to organize a boycott of US Weekly and their advertisers. Adding insult to injury, Rasmussen reported a whopping 51% of American women believe the media is trying to hurt Sarah Palin and 24% say those stories make them more likely to vote for McCain.

More surprisingly, hundreds of small town residents in a small town outside Milwaukee "taunted reporters and TV crews travelling with Sen. John McCain on Friday, chanting "Be fair!" and pointing fingers at a pack of journalists as they booed loudly." Even Oprah is experiencing a backlash for refusing to have Palin on her show until after the election.

The media, like the rest of the liberal world, can't comprehend what is happening. The conservative, traditional worldview they thought they had thoroughly invalidated is rearing its ugly head and they can't understand, much less control, it.

Obama's nomination goes a long way towards discrediting the racism canard. And Gov. Sarah Palin shows that the American dream is available without help from either government or the self-anointed elites. She shows that faith in God is more powerful than faith in man. She shows that sexism and racism are indeed constructs, but artificial constructs designed not by old white men, but by liberal utopians - designed to achieve money and power, not liberation.

The times, they are a changin, but not in the way the left envisioned. The rules are changing as we speak. Because the liberal elites have consistently shown they are incapable of adjusting their world-views to include conservatives, I predict this will be the death of them. I'm smiling.

as so many here brag that they do, i am going to comment on this article altho i didnt bother reading it.
since it comes from the canada free press..that great neighboring country of ours who believe in marriage for all consenting adults, and universal health care, i am willing to consider with an open mind whatever they report. that said..if this is a commentary against liberals, its lying trash. if its a commentary against neocons---spot on cheers
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:09 am

cardinal5150 wrote:

That, IMO, will be a make or break for her. If she harps on it, I think it'll hurt her. If she simply says she's a Christian mom (or whatever) and believes those principals guide her and leaves it at that, I think it'll be a non-issue.

I don't really see religion being a big issue this time. None of the others appear to be all that religious, especially McCain. So I don't see the right pushing how their #2 is more religious than their #1. But I'm sure it'll be mentioned, especially in the midwest.

religion not being an issue this time...except the evangelibans support requirement of banning abortion and removal of separation of church and state (except the religion-related tax breaks and right to discriminatory hire practices) and eliminating the possibility of gay marriages... affraid
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:34 am

If you look at the polls state by state, Obama has a commanding lead. Winner take all is crazy... 280 to 230 for Obama, with 270 needed to win.

Hell, Obama is pikcing up some crazy states... NorthDakota is in the Obama camp... granted they only have 3 votes, but the fact that they are voting Dem for the first time in 20 years is very telling... Even Texas isnt strongly in GOP hands.... Florida is a tie (as usual)....

I personally (my opinion) think that Obama will get more voters to the polls because of the strength of his organization. The text message announcement of his VP candidate was a masterstroke.... He now had a pretty damn good contact list, and I'm sure he will use that to his advantage as the election gets closer...

It's a hell of a lot smarter than nominating a beer swilling gun toting hottie that is governor of a state with a poulation less than that of such warrens of humaity as Memphis, TN.... or perhaps Austin, TX...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:56 am

pez wrote:I personally (my opinion) think that Obama will get more voters to the polls because of the strength of his organization. The text message announcement of his VP candidate was a masterstroke.... He now had a pretty damn good contact list, and I'm sure he will use that to his advantage as the election gets closer...
Yeah, he'll probably be nagging 'em to death on election day..."It's 7am, have you voted yet?" "Why not?" "When are you going to vote?" "Have you taken your disabled neighbor to vote for me?" "Did you know John McCain is really 110 years old?" "Put me in the White House and I'll guarantee the Cubs will win the World Series for the next 4 years, and that the Bears will win the next 3 Super Bowls." Laughing
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:20 am

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:
pez wrote:I personally (my opinion) think that Obama will get more voters to the polls because of the strength of his organization. The text message announcement of his VP candidate was a masterstroke.... He now had a pretty damn good contact list, and I'm sure he will use that to his advantage as the election gets closer...
Yeah, he'll probably be nagging 'em to death on election day..."It's 7am, have you voted yet?" "Why not?" "When are you going to vote?" "Have you taken your disabled neighbor to vote for me?" "Did you know John McCain is really 110 years old?" "Put me in the White House and I'll guarantee the Cubs will win the World Series for the next 4 years, and that the Bears will win the next 3 Super Bowls." Laughing

Nah, he's already got a lock on Illinois... If he fixed it so the Reds and Bengals (browns?) could win each of the next 4 years I know you wopuld vote for him....
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:29 am

pez wrote:Nah, he's already got a lock on Illinois... If he fixed it so the Reds and Bengals (browns?) could win each of the next 4 years I know you wopuld vote for him....
In a heartbeat my friend, in a heartbeat. But only if he promised to flush the browns too. You know what they say, "If it's brown, flush it down!" lol!

And yeah, a lock on Illinois, but not necessarily Indiana. There are Bears & Cubs fans over here too. Heck, his reminder texts would probably be set up in such a way that based on the area code, that's the team he would be promising would win the Series' and the Super Bowls... Laughing
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:06 pm

cardinal5150 wrote:

Paragraph one... agree.

Paragraph two... i think they already have "blessed" the whole campaign with the aura of Christianity. It's a McSame tactic thats continuing from the current administration. I think they are using it because it will get more mileage for them when you consider the funding gap between Obama and McCain.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next