The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fall Festivals

+3
Markwes
iberlingirl
LTRT
7 posters

Go down

Fall Festivals Empty Fall Festivals

Post  LTRT Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:02 pm

Ok, so I'm not usually one to flock to them, but last Saturday I actually went to the Grabill Fair (we had the grandkids). One thing's for sure, if you want to eat, the food is ALOT cheaper than 3RF. Even though I've always lived in a large city, there is something different about the 'country folk'. I talked with a handful of people and mentioned to my wife that it would be nice in they were that nice here in town. Anymore people won't even say Hi to each other in passing, but I digress.

I know the wife has mentioned a handful more that she wants to go, I just might have to take her up on that offer. Does anyone else take in these quaint events?

Last edited by LTRT on Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Fall Festivals Empty Re: Fall Festivals

Post  Guest Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:03 pm

Johnny Applesee Festival
The Apple Festival (in Kendalltucky) seems to be pretty popular, though I've never gone.

Other than that...food is cheaper (and most of the time it's better) at home and I can watch football and drink beer without worrying about someone's bratty kids running around screaming at the top of their lungs while the parents stuff their fat faces with grease and cola totally ignoring their out-of-control children.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  iberlingirl Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:05 pm

The Johnny Applesee Festival ROCKS (for me) course, I just go for the food. Not junky crap like at 3RF, closer to homemade. I always get the Chicken Dumplings and 3-4 Apple Dumplings (I freeze them) even though they only last about a wk b4 they are in my tummy!!!
iberlingirl
iberlingirl
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Female
Number of posts : 1185

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:12 pm

I'm going to the Lay Flats fest in Lafayette.

http://www.layflatsfestival.com/

I find most of these "town" festivals pretty much suck.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:13 pm

I cant go to Johnny Appleseed fest anymore without wanting to kill or maim every freaking Aboite soccer mom who is totally oblivious to the world around them while pushing thier precious little trust-fund baby around in some gawd-awful stroller that costs more than my fucking car.

Really? a stoller over woods and irregular ground? Dumbasses.

How badly does a two-year old want to see crap made from wood with dried flowers and napkins hot glued to it?

NONE, I tell you NONE!!!

They want ice cream and to get the hell out.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:28 pm

Oliver's Army wrote:I cant go to Johnny Appleseed fest anymore without wanting to kill or maim every freaking Aboite soccer mom who is totally oblivious to the world around them while pushing thier precious little trust-fund baby around in some gawd-awful stroller that costs more than my fucking car.
You would think they could leave the kids with their nannies. Smile
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:22 pm

At the Monroeville Harvest festival...

I got to see a tap dance troop from Decatur, and I tell you what... They friggin' Rocked!

The carnival rides sucked and BTW, shouldn't gypsy carnies die rather quickly from Meth exposure?

I got to help out the Catholic church (yep, you heard right) cooking at their sausage burger booth.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:43 pm

I also went to the Grabill Fair and I've gone for the past 3 or 4 years. I do find it enjoyable, particularly the apple dumplings. LTRT, did you happen to watch the little kids tractor pull? I thought it was hilarious.

I also go to the Johnny Appleseed festival from time to time, but I can see why someone wouldn't enjoy going to it.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:55 pm

SavoyTruffle wrote:I also went to the Grabill Fair and I've gone for the past 3 or 4 years. I do find it enjoyable, particularly the apple dumplings. LTRT, did you happen to watch the little kids tractor pull? I thought it was hilarious.

I also go to the Johnny Appleseed festival from time to time, but I can see why someone wouldn't enjoy going to it.

No I missed the kids tractor pull, but we watched the kid blueberry pie eating contest. I was bummed they didn't have an adult division, I knew I could've won. Laughing pig
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooby01_98 Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:03 pm

I enjoy going to the different festivals not in FT Wayne. Did the Grabill fair. Looking forward to the Apple Festival in Kendallville. Then Corn School in my hometown of LaGrange.
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1642

http://www.nola.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Gusto Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:29 pm

Johnny Appleseed for the old fashioned carmel corn from Bethlehem Lutheran Church.... Very Happy

Gusto
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Male
Number of posts : 51

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:12 am

I can't stand festivals... nothing like going to pay for crap I never wanted in the first place while having to put up with hundreds of kids who's parents don't want to watch them.

The only reason I'll go to Johnny Appleseed is because it's when it's starting to turn to fall and it's starting to get cold.. my favorite time of year.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:25 am

One of my favorite booths at the Grabill Fair when I was younger was the one that sold all of the leather goods. Anyone remember that?

OH, and "The Spud Hut" was awesome!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Gusto Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:44 pm

johnny Appleseed tomorrow & Sun. Everybody going?? bounce

Gusto
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Male
Number of posts : 51

Back to top Go down

Post  loaner1 Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:12 pm

Gusto wrote:johnny Appleseed tomorrow & Sun. Everybody going?? bounce

We are only two days away... Anyone going ? We will be there on Sunday Morning, our annual bike ride with the neighbors.
loaner1
loaner1
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Male
Number of posts : 126

Back to top Go down

Post  SavoyTruffle Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:12 pm

I will definitely be there...I can't believe it's that time again! I also went to the Grabill Fair as mentioned above (no kid's tractor pull this year, though). More surprisingly, though, I went to the Lay Flats festival Jugo mentioned - I happened to be in W. Lafayette for a Purdue football game. He was right, it was definitely quality.
SavoyTruffle
SavoyTruffle
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Male
Number of posts : 174

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down