Parkview Field it is...

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Parkview Field it is...

Post  Guest on Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:56 pm

My only complaint about parkview is (with some inside information), they will work you as much as they can. I'm sure if I knew someone that worked there I would be amazed at how many times they would frigging call during dinner asking that you work tonight from 11PM to 5:00 AM.... Is that convenient for you?

The only good thing about it is they get crazy about the amount of extra pay (I would imagine) someone can get. Its probabaly not uncommon for Parkview (if I knew anyone that worked there) to offer time and a half plus $10 and hour for short notice late night call-ins like that...

Sorry to tangent off here, but it's the only apolitical thread going right now... Cripes, OA even posted a political message today... I'm sure his munt hurt while he was doing it.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Parkview Field it is...

Post  Guest on Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:00 pm

pez wrote:
Sorry to tangent off here, but it's the only apolitical thread going right now... Cripes, OA even posted a political message today... I'm sure his munt hurt while he was doing it.

I considered adding tits and beer to it just to soften the experience.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Parkview Field it is...

Post  moondrop on Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:10 am

Markwes wrote:
moondrop wrote:This is just disgusting. If they have money to blow, lowering their costs or pay their employees better.
Trying to give back to the community isn't anything new. Do you feel the same about Centennial sponsoring the fireworks every year?

Centennial is not non-for-profit

moondrop
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Female
Number of posts : 351
Location : Allen County

Back to top Go down

Re: Parkview Field it is...

Post  moondrop on Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:12 am

Canuck wrote:Isn't Parkview some kind of mental institution or is just the name of a group of hospitals/health care facilities? Not that it has any relevance to the naming of a field, I was just curious.

It has mental health care, but is a full fledged hospital (LOL) too. Private non-for-profit organization.

moondrop
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Female
Number of posts : 351
Location : Allen County

Back to top Go down

Re: Parkview Field it is...

Post  Guest on Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:14 am

moondrop wrote:
Markwes wrote:
moondrop wrote:This is just disgusting. If they have money to blow, lowering their costs or pay their employees better.
Trying to give back to the community isn't anything new. Do you feel the same about Centennial sponsoring the fireworks every year?

Centennial is not non-for-profit

From the article:
Benjamin Lanka: Parkview Field wrote:Team owners, city officials and Parkview executives Thursday announced that the non-profit health corporation bought the naming rights for Harrison Square's baseball stadium. The deal is for $3 million over 10 years.

Caput tuum in ano est
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Parkview Field it is...

Post  moondrop on Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:16 am

cardinal5150 wrote:Parkview drops a lot of cash into this community.. they are known as Darkview by many many many employees there, but the company as a whole supports FW.

They're a hospital, so there will always be assholes like Dope who get mad at them because they aren't perfect, but that's why they PRACTICE medicine.

not perfect vs. negligent is entirely 2 different things.

I would whether see employees paid better and costs decreased than drop money in the neighborhood on crap and useless items. i.e. ball park

moondrop
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Female
Number of posts : 351
Location : Allen County

Back to top Go down

Re: Parkview Field it is...

Post  Guest on Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:21 am

moondrop wrote:
cardinal5150 wrote:Parkview drops a lot of cash into this community.. they are known as Darkview by many many many employees there, but the company as a whole supports FW.

They're a hospital, so there will always be assholes like Dope who get mad at them because they aren't perfect, but that's why they PRACTICE medicine.

not perfect vs. negligent is entirely 2 different things.

I would whether see employees paid better and costs decreased than drop money in the neighborhood on crap and useless items. i.e. ball park

Do you have ANY idea how the non-profit world works?

Cant you stick to topics you know?

Like racism and homophobia?
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Parkview Field it is...

Post  Guest on Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:41 pm

moondrop wrote:
cardinal5150 wrote:Parkview drops a lot of cash into this community.. they are known as Darkview by many many many employees there, but the company as a whole supports FW.

They're a hospital, so there will always be assholes like Dope who get mad at them because they aren't perfect, but that's why they PRACTICE medicine.

not perfect vs. negligent is entirely 2 different things.

I would whether see employees paid better and costs decreased than drop money in the neighborhood on crap and useless items. i.e. ball park

Good.. go open your own non-profit hospital that becomes one of the top hospitals in the region and pay your employees better without giving back to the community. Let us know how that works out for you.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Parkview Field it is...

Post  Guest on Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:35 pm

Funny thought...

I was reading Tuesday Morning Quarterback on ESPN.com and someone wrote in about the new Giants/Jets stadium and how it'll cost the taxpayers over $300M, which is more than any corp will ever pay for naming rights, so shouldn't they get the naming rights?

Similarly.. shouldn't the new stadium have been named Taxpayers of Fort Wayne Ball Park?

Seems appropriate given the price tag we're going to pay since it's struggling.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Parkview Field it is...

Post  Cincy Fan 44 on Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:42 pm

Good one Card. I read the other day that old Yankee Stadium is obviously called "The House that Ruth built." So what is new Yankee Stadium? Someone said "The House that Ruthless People built." Laughing

_________________
Life...what a great choice.
avatar
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852
Location : Wherever you can gird your loins

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Parkview Field it is...

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum