The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barbara Walters

+2
Canuck
Markwes
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Barbara Walters - Page 2 Empty Re: Barbara Walters

Post  Guest Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:35 pm

Scooby01_98 wrote:So you're just going to ignore the admendments to the constitution that change those items. Stupid remark by whoopie. Of course I suppose as liberals you're used to ignoring the constitution or ignorant of the constitution in general.

LOL... I personally find liberals to be more supportive of the constitution that conservatives. The 4th amendment, the GW administration, and warrantless wiretaps...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:37 pm

But but... 9/11!!! 9/11!!!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:42 pm

How about this one...

Call it a "war" against a non-national enemy, but don't officially declare War.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:01 pm

Here's a better question...

Has anyone ever cared what is said on the view as if it matters in the real world? Fuck no, they are old ladies who do nothing but talk about BS no one cares about but other old ladies. I find it amazing that now they are this hard hitting news show..
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:11 pm

I personally think the Bush admin was in a catch 22 after 9/11...if they sat back and didn't do things they deemed necessary (i.e. wiretaps) to protect us and then we got attacked again...people would be all up in arms saying "Why isn't more being done to protect us?!?" We can argue all we want about what they should or should not have done and the constitutionality of it, but when it comes right down to it, I think they made it their priority to protect us as much as possible.

Granted this might be a simplistic view, but I'm just a simple person.
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:12 pm

cardinal5150 wrote:Here's a better question...

Has anyone ever cared what is said on the view as if it matters in the real world? Fuck no, they are old ladies who do nothing but talk about BS no one cares about but other old ladies. I find it amazing that now they are this hard hitting news show..

Sad thing is though that McCain got his balls handed to him by three women.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:21 pm

Here's a thought. Maybe old ladies wanted to see this? Maybe old ladies can hit hard too? Maybe old ladies vote?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:23 pm

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:I personally think the Bush admin was in a catch 22 after 9/11...if they sat back and didn't do things they deemed necessary (i.e. wiretaps) to protect us and then we got attacked again...people would be all up in arms saying "Why isn't more being done to protect us?!?" We can argue all we want about what they should or should not have done and the constitutionality of it, but when it comes right down to it, I think they made it their priority to protect us as much as possible.

Granted this might be a simplistic view, but I'm just a simple person.

Maybe it's by bias, but I dont think that Bush admin deserves that much credit. The FISA as it was before 9/11 allowed for warrantless wiretaps as long as the wiretap was later approved by the judicial branch. Given that, the stated reasons for warrantless wiretaps (cant wait for a judges approval) go away. So the need for warrantless wiretaps has more to do with an executive branch power grab vs a legitimate path to protect our country.

I agree that they made it their priority to protect us as much as possible, but I dont think they had only one priority.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:24 pm

Bman wrote:

Sad thing is though that McCain got his balls handed to him by three women.

I can practically see them whipping out their post-menopausal vaginas and beating him about the head with them...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:26 pm

meta4 wrote:

Here's a thought. Maybe old ladies wanted to see this? Maybe old ladies can hit hard too? Maybe old ladies vote?

Like I said... can anyone name an instance in the past where the View was used as a reference point for hard hitting journalism? No... so to hang your hat on them "hitting hard" now is a joke. They had their opinions and wanted them to be known, good for them, I hope they feel better.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:50 am

Markwes wrote:
floridafun wrote:rove playbook 101

the only answer you should give to questions or criticisms is a question or criticism directed at the other party.
The Markwes playbook says I don't argue with people that talk down to me. Geesh, what is with you people? I'm not a McCain "constituent", so stop labeling me. I don't watch girly shows like The View so I was just going by what Bman posted and mentioned what I think McCain meant. You did notice that I used the words "I think" right? Rolling Eyes

the markwes playbook says you dont argue with people that talk down to you? really?? he for whom talking down to others is an art form??
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:28 pm

floridafun wrote:the markwes playbook says you dont argue with people that talk down to you? really?? he for whom talking down to others is an art form??
Typical FF comeback along the lines of "Well you do the same thing, so there."

I'm glad I get under your skin so much that my one sentence commenting on what I thought McCain was saying brings another 10 responses from libs.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:33 pm

Markwes wrote:
floridafun wrote:the markwes playbook says you dont argue with people that talk down to you? really?? he for whom talking down to others is an art form??

She likes to keep in line with the Democrats who usually use the excuse of "well, the republican's did it" when they realize they're doing the same thing they bitched about earlier.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:38 pm

cardinal5150 wrote:
Markwes wrote:

She likes to keep in line with the Democrats who usually use the excuse of "well, the republican's did it" when they realize they're doing the same thing they bitched about earlier.

This is a hoot. I nearly gagged on my Mac 'n Cheese laughing. Stop! Stop! I gotta finish my tater tots!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2