The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Funny for a little levity

Go down

Funny for a little levity Empty Funny for a little levity

Post  Guest Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:40 pm

I know this post IS political but it made me laugh more than piss me off so had to share it.

September 16, 2008
McCain adviser: Blackberry a ‘miracle’ he ‘helped create’
Posted: 11:12 AM ET

From CNN's Chris Welch and Rebecca Sinderbrand

(CNN) – McCain senior domestic policy adviser Douglas Holtz-Eakin said Tuesday the Blackberry mobile e-mail device was a “miracle that John McCain helped create.”

Addressing the nation’s economic crisis, Holtz-Eakin told reporters traveling with the campaign “there’s no magic solution. And I don’t think that it’s at this moment imperative to write down exactly what the plan has to be.” He also said a president isn’t someone who needs to be heavily involved in policy specifics, which should be handled by “quality” advisers, and echoed McCain’s assessment that there might be a need for a “9/11-style commission” to determine what went wrong with the nation's economy, and to issue recommendations.

He added, though, that McCain — who has struggled to stress his economic credentials this cycle — did have experience dealing with the economy, pointing to his time on the Senate Commerce Committee. Pressed to provide an example of what McCain had accomplished on that committee, Holtz-Eakin said the senator did not have jurisdiction over financial markets — then held up his Blackberry, telling reporters: “He did this.”

“Telecommunications of the United States, the premiere innovation in the past 15 years, comes right through the Commerce Committee. So you’re looking at the miracle that John McCain helped create,” said Holtz-Eakin. “And that’s what he did. He both regulated and de-regulated the industry.”

During the 2000 presidential campaign, Al Gore drew controversy when he said that during his time in Congress, he “took the initiative in creating the Internet” – based on his work promoting funding and early research in that area.

Filed under: John McCain
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Funny for a little levity Empty Re: Funny for a little levity

Post  Guest Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:46 pm

Wonder how Research in Motion feels about that?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:46 pm

sounds like a rimjob to me... LOL...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down