The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

11-year-old suspended for anti-Obama shirt

3 posters

Go down

11-year-old suspended for anti-Obama shirt Empty 11-year-old suspended for anti-Obama shirt

Post  Guest Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:29 am

http://www.myfoxcolorado.com/myfox/pages/News/Detail?contentId=7490636&version=6&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1

"Obama: A Terrorist's Best Friend"

An 11-year-old in Aurora says his first amendment rights are being trampled after he was suspended for wearing a homemade shirt that reads “Obama is a terrorist’s best friend.”

The fifth grader at Aurora Frontier K-8 School wore it on a day when students were asked to wear red, white and blue to show their patriotism.

The boy’s father Dann Dalton describes himself as a “proud conservative” who has taken part in some controversial anti-abortion protests. Dalton says the school made a major mistake by suspending his son for wearing the shirt.

“It’s the public school system,” Dalton says. “Let’s be honest, it’s full of liberal loons.”

…Aurora Public Schools would not talk about the case but said the district “Respects a student’s right to free speech, such as the right to wear specific clothing,” but administrators say they review any situation that interrupts the learning environment.

Paperwork submitted by the school district says Daxx Dalton was not suspended for wearing the shirt, but for willful disobedience and defiance.

Last edited by Jugomugo on Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:50 am; edited 2 times in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

11-year-old suspended for anti-Obama shirt Empty Re: 11-year-old suspended for anti-Obama shirt

Post  Guest Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:48 am

I think if the case makes national media headlines it'd fall under the definition of "interrupting the learning environment".
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

11-year-old suspended for anti-Obama shirt Empty Re: 11-year-old suspended for anti-Obama shirt

Post  Guest Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:51 am

Sounds pretty mature to me to send your kid to school with a shirt accusing Obama of being linked to terrorism.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:53 am

Watch now, they'll be some kid with some anti-McCain shirt that'll probably get top billing on Larry King. Rolling Eyes
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:54 am

I remember at the school I went to a friend of mine wore a California Raisins shirt that he bought while on our Washington DC 8th Grade Trip. The shirt said "Raisin Hell in Washington DC" or something to that effect. They made him either turn his shirt inside out or they just covered it with masking tape, I can't remember which. No suspension or disciplanary action was taken because he followed the orders they gave him. What a concept!
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:56 am

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:I remember at the school I went to a friend of mine wore a California Raisins shirt that he bought while on our Washington DC 8th Grade Trip. The shirt said "Raisin Hell in Washington DC" or something to that effect. They made him either turn his shirt inside out or they just covered it with masking tape, I can't remember which. No suspension or disciplanary action was taken because he followed the orders they gave him. What a concept!

Paperwork submitted by the school district says Daxx Dalton was not suspended for wearing the shirt, but for willful disobedience and defiance.

Just throwing that out there...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:58 am

Jugomugo wrote:
Cincy Fan 44 wrote:I remember at the school I went to a friend of mine wore a California Raisins shirt that he bought while on our Washington DC 8th Grade Trip. The shirt said "Raisin Hell in Washington DC" or something to that effect. They made him either turn his shirt inside out or they just covered it with masking tape, I can't remember which. No suspension or disciplanary action was taken because he followed the orders they gave him. What a concept!

Isn't that what Cincy is suggesting, that the kid should've listened and done what he was told to do? scratch
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:58 am

Jugomugo wrote:Sounds pretty mature to me to send your kid to school with a shirt accusing Obama of being linked to terrorism.

That dumb fu*ker just used his kid to advance his political agenda. Terrorist indeed, only no bomb.

Ah, I suppose it's ok to do that to your kids since they are minors and have no rights of their own until they turn 18.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:00 pm

LTRT wrote:
Jugomugo wrote:

Isn't that what Cincy is suggesting, that the kid should've listened and done what he was told to do? scratch

Yes. I was just adding emphasis for those that don't read properly.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:03 pm

meta4 wrote:
Jugomugo wrote:Sounds pretty mature to me to send your kid to school with a shirt accusing Obama of being linked to terrorism.

That dumb fu*ker just used his kid to advance his political agenda. Terrorist indeed, only no bomb.

Ah, I suppose it's ok to do that to your kids since they are minors and have no rights of their own until they turn 18.

SPOT ON meta ... the father was just using his son to make a political statement of his stupidity, now his kid gets removed from school. Freaking brilliant ... he should lose his kids.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:10 pm

Oh crap, I just thought of something. I teach my kids that the "magic words" are "Go Buckeyes!" If they come across a teacher in school who's a fan of that school up north, they're hosed because I'm advancing my Buckeye Allegiance Agenda through them. lol!
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:27 pm

Bman wrote:Freaking brilliant ... he should lose his kids.

I disagree. He should be ridiculed publicly. Only with the real assh*les, they don't understand it and are bound to repeat.

... in his mind, just another example of the machine trying to hold the brave bold freedom fighters down. 11-year-old suspended for anti-Obama shirt 839550
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:30 pm

"Honey, since the "MAN" wont let you wear the Obabma/Terrorist shirt, wear the "God Hates Fags" shirt today. We'll show 'em!"

I didn't know Moondoepoopyhead worked for the school system.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:06 am

Oliver's Army wrote:"Honey, since the "MAN" wont let you wear the Obabma/Terrorist shirt, wear the "God Hates Fags" shirt today. We'll show 'em!"

I didn't know Moondoepoopyhead worked for the school system.

or "my moms cousin is a baby killer"....

and i am thrilled to NOT know does thoughts on anything anymore pig rendeer
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down