The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NCAA Basketball Pool

+3
rksgrl
Cincy Fan 44
Markwes
7 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

NCAA Basketball Pool - Page 4 Empty Re: NCAA Basketball Pool

Post  Markwes Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:35 am

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:Imagine how much more fun the NBA might be IF they somehow developed a Win-Next-Game-Or-Go-Home Playoff system, or for that matter, even the other major sports. I believe that's the great thing about the NFL playoff system and college basketball.
I too think the NBA playoffs go way too long, but a one-and-done format would be the other extreme. It works with the NFL and NCAA because the regular season is much shorter. To play 80-something games and then be out of the playoffs after one loss makes the regular season kind of worthless.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Aggie Transplant Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:17 am

I think the regular season goes on waaaaaaaaay too long. Individual games would mean more if there were fewer.

Aggie Transplant
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Female
Number of posts : 1124

Back to top Go down

Post  Aggie Transplant Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:39 am

cardinal5150 wrote:Well.. I'm really hoping that the UCLA that played Xavier shows up this coming weekend and not the one that showed up against A&M. I think the KU/UNC game will be great.. two teams that like to run and gun, and have the athletes to do it. And with Roy facing his old school it'll be interesting. As long as Calipari loses the first game I'm happy. Smile

Looks like the A&M UCLA team showed up..........

Go, Kansas.

Aggie Transplant
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:58 pm

Congrats Cincy. If I figured right you won regardless of who wins the championship. Could make it a little closer though if Memphis wins. Basketball
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:29 pm

Markwes wrote:Congrats Cincy. If I figured right you won regardless of who wins the championship. Could make it a little closer though if Memphis wins. Basketball

Thanks Markwes! Too bad the games last night hosed me in my money league. Oh well, I'm enjoying the fact that I beat LTRT. Kinda like another Buckeye beating michigan again. hehehehehe Razz

For awhile there, I thought North Carolina was going to pull it off. I was pulling for them. That big lead by Kansas was just too much to overcome.
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:09 pm

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:Oh well, I'm enjoying the fact that I beat LTRT. Kinda like another Buckeye beating michigan again. hehehehehe Razz

For awhile there, I thought North Carolina was going to pull it off. I was pulling for them. That big lead by Kansas was just too much to overcome.

I hear ya, Embarassed After they lost I knew what the outcome was going to be on our board. Seriously, I thought NC was going to pull it off until they went cold the last 5 min of the game. I would imagine that lots of money has been lost at the hands of NC.
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:05 am

In all 6 of my pools, I've been lurking near the bottom of the standings. If Memphis wins, I will win 4 of the 6 pools and finish 2nd in the other two.

GO MEMPHIS
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:29 am

Go Kansas. I was happy to see them win, even if they played like crap. Memphis was crying like babies in the first half when they realized that Kansas was the more athletic team. Dorsey should have been T'd up a couple times for smacking the ball after a made shot or holding it and interrupting the flow of the game. It was clear Kansas was running him off the floor in particular.

I'm actually surprised Hightower didn't T up someone, or call more fouls, he's usually all about getting himself in the limelight.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:00 am

If I were Memphis, I would've fouled at the end of regulation rather than letting them put up a 3 point shot.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:31 am

Fleek wrote:If I were Memphis, I would've fouled at the end of regulation rather than letting them put up a 3 point shot.

If I were Memphis, I would've made my free throws during the last two minutes of the game.
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:45 am

LTRT2 wrote:
Fleek wrote:If I were Memphis, I would've fouled at the end of regulation rather than letting them put up a 3 point shot.

If I were Memphis, I would've made my free throws during the last two minutes of the game.

That, too.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:50 am

Fleek wrote:
LTRT2 wrote:

That, too.
I think my fist actually went through my couch when the last set of bricks went in the air. Laughing
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:51 am

LTRT2 wrote:

If I were Memphis, I would be wishing I was in Columbus playing for the Buckeyes. Laughing
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:55 am

Hey Cincy, now that you've officially won, I would EXPECT the least you could do for me is the next time we meet up in an airport and my gym bag slips out of my grip you would bend down and pick it up for me. Laughing (hotel commercial)

Last edited by LTRT2 on Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:06 am; edited 2 times in total
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:02 am

LTRT2 wrote:Hey Cincy, now that you've officially won, I would EXPECT the least you could do for me is the next time we meet up in an airport and my gym bag slips out of my grip you would bend down and pick it up for me. Laughing (hotel commercial)
Only problem is I have no idea what you look like...

But yeah, that commercial is pretty funny. I liked the one I saw a year or two ago that had a guy and girl making out on a couch. One had an OSU shirt on and the other had a michigan shirt on. The announcer said something like, "If it wasn't for college sports, this wouldn't be so disgusting." Laughing
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:16 am

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:
LTRT2 wrote:Hey Cincy, now that you've officially won, I would EXPECT the least you could do for me is the next time we meet up in an airport and my gym bag slips out of my grip you would bend down and pick it up for me. Laughing (hotel commercial)

But yeah, that commercial is pretty funny. I liked the one I saw a year or two ago that had a guy and girl making out on a couch. One had an OSU shirt on and the other had a michigan shirt on. The announcer said something like, "If it wasn't for college sports, this wouldn't be so disgusting." Laughing

Likewise, we'll have to do something about that soon.

In the mean time, do it for ALL those in Maize & Blue! Razz
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:12 pm

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:

The family and I were in the mall Sunday (see Tools!! thread) and I saw a couple walking around, one had an OSU shirt the other had a Michigan shirt, I just looked at them and told my wife they were freaks. I don't think she got it.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:16 pm

LTRT2 wrote:

Calipari said they were fouling at the end.. it just wasn't called. And that was my beef all night, the ref's weren't calling anything. I'm all for letting them play, up to a point. It was fun to see Joey Dorsey crying when he got fouled and there wasn't a whistle though.

You knew this would happen.. all year they've sucked shooting FT's. Then they get into a pressure time, and bam! they suck.

Did anyone see Bobby Knights new commercial? No idea who it's for, I think VW. He's on a TV set, being interviewed by a car. Coach Knight congratulates the car on some award they just won, the car says "Yeah, at least one of us is winning a championship this year". Coach Knight stares at the car, gets up, throws his chair and walks out.. funny stuff.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:41 pm

I for one was glad to see Kansas win. Made my wallet a little fatter.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:29 pm

Odd... I play a lot of poker... but I would never consider betting on a sporting event.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Aggie Transplant Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:17 am

I had picked Kansas all along (nyah, nyah, nyah), but was stupid and didn't get in any brackets. Duh.

My favorite college rivalry ads on the ones on ESPN. Esp. the one with a Texas A&M guy playing charades. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqUpIWn9AN4

Aggie Transplant
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4