The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Debate Friday night

5 posters

Go down

Debate Friday night Empty Debate Friday night

Post  Guest Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:05 am

So who won ... here is an online poll.

Live Vote
Who won the presidential debate? * 438956 responses

John McCain
34%

Barack Obama
52%

Tie
6.2%

Not sure
8.1%
Not a scientific survey. Click to learn more. Results may not total 100% due to rounding.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Debate Friday night Empty Re: Debate Friday night

Post  Scooby01_98 Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:36 am

I think it was about a tie. Obama was more fluent in his answers....he is a great speaker. McCain didn't look as bad as I thought he would going up against Obama. Both got their point across and each got a few zingers in, but not a knockout by either candidate.
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1642

http://www.nola.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:20 am

McCain was okay on his supposed 'weak' points (economy) and Barry was okay on his (foreign policy). Two lines that people will remember from this...

Barry (on several occassions): I agree with John...

John (on several occassions): Senator Obama doesn't understand...
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:19 am

My biggest laugh of the night: “I was not elected Miss Congeniality…I’m a maverick and so’s my running mate.” Not a laugh because he was trying to be funny, but a laugh because he's such a freaking tool.

Obama came across as having actual answers for questions, with actual plans. Not just empty words.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:18 pm

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:McCain was okay on his supposed 'weak' points (economy) and Barry was okay on his (foreign policy). Two lines that people will remember from this...

Barry (on several occassions): I agree with John...

John (on several occassions): Senator Obama doesn't understand...

i completely agree. obama showing he has the natural ability to work across the aisle by recognizing what he sees a good view from the other camp...am mcsame pointedly needing to tear someone else down in order to make himself look good study

mccain did fare better than i expected..but he certainly was fidgity and nervous..quivery voice, noticibly supressing anger.
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:07 pm

one question...the moderator asked for them to both give specifics on what they want included in the bail out plan. obama clearly explained each of the things he wants included. mcsame never answered. wtf does he want on it or not on it? we still dont know.
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:29 pm

The PBS guy also asked what they would do if after taking office and the economy is still suffering what they would do. I know McCain said right away he would freeze spending, except for the vets/VA services. What was Barry's response? I may have to go back to the tape, b/c I'm having a hard time remembering.
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:49 pm

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:The PBS guy also asked what they would do if after taking office and the economy is still suffering what they would do. I know McCain said right away he would freeze spending, except for the vets/VA services. What was Barry's response? I may have to go back to the tape, b/c I'm having a hard time remembering.
Went back and looked...Barry said he would be able to save $10B/month that we spend on the Iraq War.
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:32 pm

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:
Cincy Fan 44 wrote:The PBS guy also asked what they would do if after taking office and the economy is still suffering what they would do. I know McCain said right away he would freeze spending, except for the vets/VA services. What was Barry's response? I may have to go back to the tape, b/c I'm having a hard time remembering.
Went back and looked...Barry said he would be able to save $10B/month that we spend on the Iraq War.

No ... that is NOT what he said. He said he did not support a freeze across the board, he said he would freeze areas that were not deemed as pressing as others. He specifically mentioned early childhood education. Bring your A-game or sit on the bench Cincy.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  moondrop Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:57 pm

Scooby01_98 wrote:I think it was about a tie. Obama was more fluent in his answers....he is a great speaker. McCain didn't look as bad as I thought he would going up against Obama. Both got their point across and each got a few zingers in, but not a knockout by either candidate.

BO " uh, uh, well, ag, ag, ......" bounce

moondrop
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Female
Number of posts : 351

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:50 am

Bman wrote:
Cincy Fan 44 wrote:

No ... that is NOT what he said. He said he did not support a freeze across the board, he said he would freeze areas that were not deemed as pressing as others. He specifically mentioned early childhood education. Bring your A-game or sit on the bench Cincy.
Bman, are you not understanding me? McCain said he would freeze spending except for the veterans, national defense and several other vital areas. Lehrer turned to Barry and asked him if he would go for that. Barry said no, that we could save $10B a month from the war. I know Barry said he didn't support a freeze across the board. I didn't say that he did. If I did, show me where. Here's the transcipt of the particular part I'm referring to...

LEHRER: What I'm trying to get at this is this. Excuse me if I may, senator. Trying to get at that you all -- one of you is going to be the president of the United States come January. At the -- in the middle of a huge financial crisis that is yet to be resolved. And what I'm trying to get at is how this is going to affect you not in very specific -- small ways but in major ways and the approach to take as to the presidency.

MCCAIN: How about a spending freeze on everything but defense, veteran affairs and entitlement programs.

LEHRER: Spending freeze?

MCCAIN: I think we ought to seriously consider with the exceptions the caring of veterans national defense and several other vital issues.

LEHRER: Would you go for that?

OBAMA: The problem with a spending freeze is you're using a hatchet where you need a scalpel. There are some programs that are very important that are under funded. I went to increase early childhood education and the notion that we should freeze that when there may be, for example, this Medicare subsidy doesn't make sense.

Let me tell you another place to look for some savings. We are currently spending $10 billion a month in Iraq when they have a $79 billion surplus. It seems to me that if we're going to be strong at home as well as strong abroad, that we have to look at bringing that war to a close.

MCCAIN: Look, we are sending $700 billion a year overseas to countries that don't like us very much. Some of that money ends up in the hands of terrorist organizations. We have to have wind, tide, solar, natural gas, flex fuel cars and all that but we also have to have offshore drilling and we also have to have nuclear power.

Senator Obama opposes both storing and reprocessing of spent nuclear fuel. You can't get there from here and the fact is that we can create 700,000 jobs by building constructing 45 new nuclear power plants by the year 2030. Nuclear power is not only important as far as eliminating our dependence on foreign oil but it's also responsibility as far as climate change is concerned and the issue I have been involved in for many, many years and I'm proud of the work of the work that I've done there along with President Clinton.
Source:http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2008/09/debate-transcri.html
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:54 am

thanks for proving he did discuss it, as specifically as mcsame did..mis-remember much? geek
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:01 am

on the mcsame rebuttal about him supporting bush 90% of the time..some of the topics he gave he didnt support bush on before he became the nominee...but he supports since he became the nominee. specifically the torture issue which he named as one he disagreed with bush on. counting stuff he has changed his mind on only in order to get the base blessing and when it is all over youtube. just like the bush tax plan favoring the highest incomes.

if you look at factcheck on all of each candidates accusations...which one is playing primarily by the rove handbook of deception? hmmmm another contest obama cant win pig
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:22 am

Cincy, thanks for showing who you really support by your avatar bashing McCain.

And no, I'm not being serious. Smile
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:56 am

Markwes wrote:Cincy, thanks for showing who you really support by your avatar bashing McCain.

Wink
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:59 am

Bman wrote:Bring your A-game or sit on the bench Cincy.
LOL...I didn't bring my A-game...I brought my A+ Game!!! Try to keep up... Laughing
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:00 pm

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:
Markwes wrote:Cincy, thanks for showing who you really support by your avatar bashing McCain.

Wink

Oh yea ... that avatar is "almost" as damning as the Obama's in radical muslim gear with a flag burning in the WH fireplace with a picture of Osama above it all.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:10 pm

Bman wrote:
Cincy Fan 44 wrote:

Wink

Oh yea ... that avatar is "almost" as damning as the Obama's in radical muslim gear with a flag burning in the WH fireplace with a picture of Osama above it all.
Careful there Bman...wouldn't want anyone to think you're starting to cry about it... Laughing
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:52 pm

too bad mccains americal idol makeup girl hasnt been allowed to do something about that comb-over yet..
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:58 pm

Bman wrote:
Cincy Fan 44 wrote:

Wink

Yeah, that avatar that shows McCain as a clone of Bush is almost as damning as the one that made fun of the Republican stereotypes of the Obamas. You right wing nut you.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down