The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mud slinging in Glass Houses

+6
floridafun
Cincy Fan 44
Scooby01_98
Markwes
LTRT
hoosierhelen
10 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Mud slinging in Glass Houses - Page 3 Empty Re: Mud slinging in Glass Houses

Post  Guest Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:56 am

Mort wrote:This board was created so that your voice is heard.

I will not always be around to watch over it.

So I appointed two excellent Admin's to watch over things.

I feel they are doing what they are suppose to do watch over it.

We will have people like HH and Doe and many others to follow.

We have to be tolerant to a certain degree.

Spamming is not what this board was created for.

I stand behind Vis and Bman.

This thread is hilarious... Snifff Snifff... group hug... "KUM BA YAH, KUM BAH YAH....'

cheers
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:29 am

Vis wrote:
Cincy Fan 44 wrote:I have/had no idea who Tim Goeglin was/is until LTRT's post. Sounds like he pulled a Joe Biden? Embarassed
Then I stand corrected. It was extensively covered by both national and local media; I don't know how you missed it. It's not often that a Fort Wayne local becomes the President's speech writer and then gets fired for plagiarizing editorials. The bad blood between News Sentinel and Nancy Nall made it even bigger because they came out and defended themselves and Tim while blasting Nancy.
I think I know how. In looking at the wiki link that LTRT had, the resignation came down in late February of this year. That was the same time I was in Florida for a week, and really out of touch with anything local for a week and a half to two weeks. Wink
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:35 am

For the what it's worth mode ... I have traded emails with HoosierHelen and provided that poster with some information from the Obama campaign relative to questions that poster has encountered on other message boards and blogs.

I do not support banning HoosierHelen even if that poster is a cut and paster, like many of us do in here.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:37 am

This thread makes my bitchin about MoonDoe look like a Brady Bunch episode.

I get that HH is a spammer and a fake, but I still think MoonDoe is a bigger hazard.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:43 am

Bman wrote:For the what it's worth mode ... I have traded emails with HoosierHelen and provided that poster with some information from the Obama campaign relative to questions that poster has encountered on other message boards and blogs.

I do not support banning HoosierHelen even if that poster is a cut and paster, like many of us do in here.

I'm glad you could help out a fellow lefty, but one Bman is enough. lol!
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:47 am

meta4 wrote:
hoosierhelen wrote:
LTRT wrote:Maybe it would be worth discussing if the sources weren't Huffington Post and NY Times. Suspect

We all know those all the best news sources in the world. Twisted Evil

I didn't want to bore you all with long listings of references to the topics. Google any of them and you will find numerous references to each story by many various reporting agencies.

I agree this is just the tip of the ice berg too. This is going to get very ugly.

I don't read the defunct board anymore, surprised that anyone does. To each... I suppose. What I appreciate is the succinct and referenced bullet point summary (albeit subjective as all sources seem to be). These summary points will be good for quick reference as the next few months heat up the mud.

Hehe, "just the tip" +1

moondrop wrote:More an more of the people on here on posting on the JG board as well.

Please don't ever address me or quote me. Go away and explode, you ignorant simian.

Mud slinging in Glass Houses - Page 3 309907
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:51 am

LTRT wrote:
Bman wrote:For the what it's worth mode ... I have traded emails with HoosierHelen and provided that poster with some information from the Obama campaign relative to questions that poster has encountered on other message boards and blogs.

You guys did not want Doe banned ... how hypocritical of you all now to want to ban HoosierHelen. This is SAD ... FUCKING sad.

Last edited by Bman on Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:07 am

Bman wrote:
LTRT wrote:

You guys did not want Doe banned ... how hypocritical of you all now to want to ban HoosierHelen. This is SAD ... FUCKING sad.

Two completely different issues with the 2 mentioned posters, don't implement the double standard on the board as you would while you're out campaigning.
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:08 am

Bman wrote:
LTRT wrote:

Whoa Bman... did I miss something? I thought Vis apologized for the accidental ban.

I think this thread ( so far ) has been, or should be [hint, hint] a big wake up to HH, and I hope she fucking gets used to this water if she wants to fucking stay. I couldn't give a fuck if she posts on more than one fucking board under different 'handles'. I don't go by Meta4 everywhere I post.

The fact that HH came back and protested under a different name ranks her just beneath the other freak on the FoePeeping-CoonPlop scale.

Don't do Doe on us HH, and I agree with other posters that you should include original thought in your posts. I am not one to lay down the law, just suggesting that if you want people to see you as a real person, be real. If you want to be a chatterbox, talking head, spammer*, fuckhead, et al. I personally would prefer turn the channel than listen/read, so you'll get no attention from me. You choose.

* I think this word is being used improperly for HH. Spam is unsolicited email. There's another term for what she *may* have been doing.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:18 am

meta4 wrote:
Bman wrote:
LTRT wrote:

Whoa Bman... did I miss something? I thought Vis apologized for the accidental ban.

I think this thread ( so far ) has been, or should be [hint, hint] a big wake up to HH, and I hope she fucking gets used to this water if she wants to fucking stay. I couldn't give a fuck if she posts on more than one fucking board under different 'handles'. I don't go by Meta4 everywhere I post.

The fact that HH came back and protested under a different name ranks her just beneath the other freak on the FoePeeping-CoonPlop scale.

Don't do Doe on us HH, and I agree with other posters that you should include original thought in your posts. I am not one to lay down the law, just suggesting that if you want people to see you as a real person, be real. If you want to be a chatterbox, talking head, spammer*, fuckhead, et al. I personally would prefer turn the channel than listen/read, so you'll get no attention from me. You choose.

* I think this word is being used improperly for HH. Spam is unsolicited email. There's another term for what she *may* have been doing.

Meta ... I know VIS corrected the banning I was refering to LTRT who did not want Doe banned but appears to support the banning of Helen ... just not right. Vis always does the right thing ... My beef was with those that want Helen banned but shit on me for wanting Doe banned. I was just being selfish ...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:21 am

Bman wrote:
LTRT wrote:

And you as well wanted to ban one and not the other. Is that not the same hypocrisy? For what it's worth, I don't support banning either one.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:23 am

Markwes wrote:And you as well wanted to ban one and not the other. Is that not the same hypocrisy? For what it's worth, I don't support banning either one.

Agreed. They're good "snack food" when news and posting is light.

I think the conflict is a good balance.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:25 am

Bman wrote:Meta ... I know VIS corrected the banning I was refering to LTRT who did not want Doe banned but appears to support the banning of Helen ... just not right. Vis always does the right thing ... My beef was with those that want Helen banned but shit on me for wanting Doe banned. I was just being selfish ...

Gloves off, bud. Check my posts, you will not find me defending Moondrop in the proposed banning thread. Do we need FactCheck on this board? Suspect
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:46 am

meta4 wrote:
Agreed. They're good "snack food" when news and posting is light.

I think the conflict is a good balance.
Well put! I was ready to post something yesterday about how dull the day had been and presto, this thread started.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:50 am

Every time we've talked about banning someone it ends up being a silly pissing match that devolves into the rough equivalent or a 6th grade, if so and so is your friend, you're not my friend...

Seriously, we dont need to ban anyone... Helen made some posts that seem to not genuinely be her material, and got called out On it, problem solved... nothing to see here folks, move along, these arent the droids you're looking for.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:51 am

pez wrote:these arent the droids you're looking for.

Use of Jedi Force Powers +2

Mud slinging in Glass Houses - Page 3 431148
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:52 am

meta4 wrote:

Not sure what the other term it is as most boards I visit/run just refer to it as spam when someone shows up out of the blue and starts threads duplicating the exact same post on several boards but I'm sure you're correct. I don't care if someone uses the same nic everywhere they post because like you I have different nics on different boards although most are some variation of this one. In this case she took a post that someone else posted and then posted it here and on 'the board' as her own. It is certainly possible that she post with two different nics where the original post appeared in which case I apologize again for insinuating she plagiarized.

In any case, she is not banned, the collective is safe and I understand that resistance is futile. Mud slinging in Glass Houses - Page 3 56886

You however, write excellent posts whether I agree them or not I am usually drawn to them. If you were/are a blogger; I'm sure I would be a reader.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:00 am

Vis wrote:

In any case, she is not banned, the collective is safe and I understand that resistance is futile. Mud slinging in Glass Houses - Page 3 56886

You however, write excellent posts whether I agree them or not I am usually drawn to them. If you were/are a blogger; I'm sure I would be a reader.

And you sir, have just made my day. Thanks. cheers
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:10 am

meta4 wrote:
Vis wrote:

And you sir, have just made my day. Thanks. cheers

Oh Christ, Vis... He will be even more of an arrogant prick now...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:21 am

pez wrote:Oh Christ, Vis... He will be even more of an arrogant prick now...

Oh, you're feelin' your salt this week? Bringittrailerhitch!

Last edited by meta4 on Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:05 pm

So I think the thing I've learned from this thread is that while the JG went with that junk board, KPC media actually set up a respectable vBulletin board with "The Fence Post". Mad

Otherwise, I should have followed my gut instinct and avoided another thread in which everyone fancies themselves a verbal gunslinger. Oh, well - have fun.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Mud slinging in Glass Houses - Page 3 Empty I don't understand you all

Post  hoosierhelen Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:34 pm

And obviously you don't understand me either. I was bringing topics to this board that were discussed on other boards which I am on also. Inasmuch as you are a different audience, I didn't see a problem. New audience, new ideas. Important facts were included in that post.

Obviously you all DO see a problem. It won't happen again from me. I belong to quite a few boards and this is the first one I have ever encountered this attitude from.

I have not enjoyed your company either. No problem. I'm outta here!

Be nice,

HoosierHelen
hoosierhelen
hoosierhelen
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Female
Number of posts : 23

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:44 pm

Adios Muchacha...
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:49 pm

hoosierhelen wrote:And obviously you don't understand me either. I was bringing topics to this board that were discussed on other boards which I am on also. Inasmuch as you are a different audience, I didn't see a problem. New audience, new ideas. Important facts were included in that post.

Obviously you all DO see a problem. It won't happen again from me. I belong to quite a few boards and this is the first one I have ever encountered this attitude from.

I have not enjoyed your company either. No problem. I'm outta here!

Be nice,

HoosierHelen

Well, I'd say she made a good call. Hope the revolving door didn't hit her... I for one won't lose any sleep over anyone who doesn't want to "be" here for any reason other than posting self-proclaimed "truth" harvested from their "higher" sources of news.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:52 pm

meta4 wrote:Well, I'd say she made a good call. Hope the revolving door didn't hit her... I for one won't lose any sleep over anyone who doesn't want to "be" here for any reason other than posting self-proclaimed "truth" harvested from their "higher" sources of news.

Cookie of the day award!
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down