The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Voting Early

5 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Voting Early - Page 2 Empty Re: Voting Early

Post  LTRT Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:35 am

Bman wrote:What's your point ... they deserve to vote just like you and I. Proud we are registering so many people to vote.

Hope all the bases are covered... Suspect

Feds Question New Voter Checks in Indiana and 5 Other States
http://www.indianasnewscenter.com/news/local/30614919.html

By Peter Ambrose
Story Published: Oct 8, 2008 at 6:46 AM EDT

ATLANTA (AP) - Federal officials have asked election officials in Indiana and five other states to investigate whether social security number checks are being improperly run on people registering to vote.

Social Security Commissioner Michael Astrue sent a lettery to the secretaries of state of Alabama, Georgia, Indiana, Nevada, North Carolina and Ohio. The letter noted they had submitted "extraordinarily high levels" of verification requests.

With nearly two million requests since October 1st, 2007, Georgia has made far more social security number verification requests than any other state. The Social Security Administration says Alabama was second with about one million requests.

(Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:08 am

LTRT wrote:
Bman wrote:What's your point ... they deserve to vote just like you and I. Proud we are registering so many people to vote.

Hope all the bases are covered... Suspect

Feds Question New Voter Checks in Indiana and 5 Other States
http://www.indianasnewscenter.com/news/local/30614919.html

By Peter Ambrose
Story Published: Oct 8, 2008 at 6:46 AM EDT

ATLANTA (AP) - Federal officials have asked election officials in Indiana and five other states to investigate whether social security number checks are being improperly run on people registering to vote.

Social Security Commissioner Michael Astrue sent a lettery to the secretaries of state of Alabama, Georgia, Indiana, Nevada, North Carolina and Ohio. The letter noted they had submitted "extraordinarily high levels" of verification requests.

With nearly two million requests since October 1st, 2007, Georgia has made far more social security number verification requests than any other state. The Social Security Administration says Alabama was second with about one million requests.

(Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

We turn in what we believe to be good registrations ... the Board of Election is responsible for reviewing them.

LTRT why are you republicans so scared of letting people vote? I find it disgusting that the republicans try to repress the right to vote.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:19 am

Bman wrote:We turn in what we believe to be good registrations ... the Board of Election is responsible for reviewing them.

LTRT why are you republicans so scared of letting people vote? I find it disgusting that the republicans try to repress the right to vote.

Scared... No

It's called being legal and adhering to the processes put in place by law. I find it disgusting that the democrats and their organizations try to circumvent the election process.

ACORN office in Vegas raided in voter-fraud probe
http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D93LPR783&show_article=1

Nevada ACORN Office Raided Over Voter-Fraud Claims
http://cbs13.com/national/acorn.las.vegas.2.835028.html
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:37 am

What is sad is that LOCALLY ... yes LOCALLY there is a group flyering the SE side of town with a flyer that states "if you voted in the May Primary you are not entitled to vote in the November election. Indiana is a one vote state". That is being flyered in our city ... that is voter disenfranchisement.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:46 am

Bman wrote:What is sad is that LOCALLY ... yes LOCALLY there is a group flyering the SE side of town with a flyer that states "if you voted in the May Primary you are not entitled to vote in the November election. Indiana is a one vote state". That is being flyered in our city ... that is voter disenfranchisement.

Yes, if proven to be true, that is sad. Appreciated your feedback on the efforts of ACORN.
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:49 am

LTRT wrote:Yes, if proven to be true, that is sad. Appreciated your feedback on the efforts of ACORN.

Hey Bman, I'm hoping you know what's going on with Nevada too... Rolling Eyes
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:50 am

Bman wrote:What is sad is that LOCALLY ... yes LOCALLY there is a group flyering the SE side of town with a flyer that states "if you voted in the May Primary you are not entitled to vote in the November election. Indiana is a one vote state". That is being flyered in our city ... that is voter disenfranchisement.

Actually, it just proves that some people probably shouldn't be voting anyway. Voting Early - Page 2 894597 I'm just glad that our two day election process keeps our lines so short.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:53 am

meta4 wrote:
LTRT wrote:Yes, if proven to be true, that is sad. Appreciated your feedback on the efforts of ACORN.

We are not voting for town council, it's called a General Election, in case you forgot. Rolling Eyes
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:06 pm

meta4 wrote:

Shit, I can't keep up with what is going on in Allen County right now ... I will let Nevada take care of Nevada.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:07 pm

Vis wrote:

Actually, it just proves that some people probably shouldn't be voting anyway. Voting Early - Page 2 894597 I'm just glad that our two day election process keeps our lines so short.

Really Vis? People not as intelligent as you should not vote huh? Brilliant concept ... I am trusting you were being sarcastic but probably not, PUMA and all.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:11 pm

I'm going to go look for some of these.... What group?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:37 pm

Bman wrote:
Vis wrote:

Really Vis? People not as intelligent as you should not vote huh? Brilliant concept ... I am trusting you were being sarcastic but probably not, PUMA and all.

Voting Early - Page 2 14142 Of course it was sarcasm. It does make me sad though that we do such a poor job of educating people that they don't understand the election process. I'm not sure even Wile E. Coyote would fall for this one.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:59 pm

Vis wrote: Voting Early - Page 2 14142 Of course it was sarcasm. It does make me sad though that we do such a poor job of educating people that they don't understand the election process. I'm not sure even Wile E. Coyote would fall for this one.

I'm not joking...

(background: my wife is voting against Obama, and we've had a bet since May/June on A. Who will be Pres and B. Whether Indiana will go blue or stay red.)

My wife told me the same thing about 3 months ago. She heard on the Rush Limbaugh show if you register as a Republican in the primaries, you cannot vote for a Democrat candidate in Nov. Of course, you could also assume the inverse.

Just sayin... this isn't new, there's some misinformation out there.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:40 pm

I remember that Meta. I'd say that is more misunderstood information than misinformation. It also only affects states that have closed primaries and is intended to prevent one party from adversely affecting the nomination process of the other party. There is nothing wrong with changing parties and it happens a lot but, if you're changing parties for the primary the understanding is that you will be voting for a majority of that parties candidates in the general election. Since we don't even register by party here I'm not sure why we have closed primaries but I guess that's a different argument. It was my understanding that Bman was saying that the people were informed that if they voted in the primary they could not vote in the general election and not that they had to vote for the same candidate they previous voted for in the primary.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Mort Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:08 am

LTRT wrote:
Bman wrote:We turn in what we believe to be good registrations ... the Board of Election is responsible for reviewing them.

Scared... No

It's called being legal and adhering to the processes put in place by law. I find it disgusting that the democrats and their organizations try to circumvent the election process.

ACORN office in Vegas raided in voter-fraud probe
http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D93LPR783&show_article=1

Nevada ACORN Office Raided Over Voter-Fraud Claims
http://cbs13.com/national/acorn.las.vegas.2.835028.html

Apparently you don't remember the last election Why is it Republicans have such a short memory?
Mort
Mort
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 1400

https://therealboard.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:54 am

Mort wrote:

Apparently you don't remember the last election Why is it Republicans have such a short memory?

a clear conscience. seriously.
Rolling Eyes
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:20 am

Mort wrote:Apparently you don't remember the last election Why is it Republicans have such a short memory?
What does the last election have to do with anything?

For everyone who says "Hey, it's Nevada. I'm worried about my own state.", well start worrying.

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/260788
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:34 am

Markwes wrote:
Mort wrote:Apparently you don't remember the last election Why is it Republicans have such a short memory?
What does the last election have to do with anything?

For everyone who says "Hey, it's Nevada. I'm worried about my own state.", well start worrying.

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/260788

Betcha their fingers and toes are crossed in Allen County.
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:40 am

This doesn't sound too bad. Sounds to me like a few bad apples.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:47 am

meta4 wrote:

scratch

Originating from ACORN, that's a really big apple.
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:07 am

LTRT wrote:
meta4 wrote:

scratch

Originating from ACORN, that's a really big apple.

Yeah, if Indiana has 6,345,289 residents, and say 50% of them are of voting age. (Shut up, I know, but it's more than are registered) = 3,172,644

5000 registrations would be 0.0015 %

Ok, it's not a bad apple, maybe more like a small potato
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:42 am

I don't entirely disagree Meta, but '2000 taught us how important 537 votes could be in winner-takes-all elections. I would be more concerned about legitimate voters getting caught up in a purge of the rolls for having multiple registrations they had nothing to do with. I agree with the basis of your position though and I use it in regard to 'pork'. I hate pork spending in principle but think it gets WAY too much attention in relationship to the budget in general. There is so little discretionary spending available in the Federal Budget that to give so much attention to something that (last time i checked a few years ago) amounts to less than 1% of the budget seems like an intentional distraction.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Mort Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:46 am

Would'nt it be nice if everyone and I mean everyone voted maybe a percentage off on your taxes or some kind of rebate to everyone that votes? cyclops
Mort
Mort
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 1400

https://therealboard.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:47 am

meta4 wrote:Yeah, if Indiana has 6,345,289 residents, and say 50% of them are of voting age. (Shut up, I know, but it's more than are registered) = 3,172,644

5000 registrations would be 0.0015 %

Ok, it's not a bad apple, maybe more like a small potato
I would tend to agree with you if not for Obama's apparent ties with ACORN.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:02 pm

Mort wrote:Would'nt it be nice if everyone and I mean everyone voted maybe a percentage off on your taxes or some kind of rebate to everyone that votes? cyclops

I think Australia fines citizens if they don't vote; which raises some questions about democracy. They have a large turnout though.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next