The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Colts show up big

4 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Colts show up big Empty Colts show up big

Post  Guest Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:00 pm

Woot! About frigging time that the colts decided to show up on Sunday... Good game from marv, brackett, Wayne and Manning... Was stoked to be a fan this afternoon.

Consider that the Titans (5-0), had to depend on a late game FG to beat the Ravens, and we (yes, all us colts fans, this means you Cincy) got to watch our team walk over a top-tier team 31-3, with a great effort on Defense, ST and offense. This is what colts footbal is all about.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Colts show up big Empty Re: Colts show up big

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:19 pm

pez wrote:Woot! About frigging time that the colts decided to show up on Sunday... Good game from marv, brackett, Wayne and Manning... Was stoked to be a fan this afternoon.

Consider that the Titans (5-0), had to depend on a late game FG to beat the Ravens, and we (yes, all us colts fans, this means you Cincy) got to watch our team walk over a top-tier team 31-3, with a great effort on Defense, ST and offense. This is what colts footbal is all about.
Really? I'm basically a closet Colts fan. Now that I live in virtual Colts territory and rarely get to see my lovable Bengals anymore, I find myself rooting for the Colts. Too bad that Addai went down with an injury. That really hurt me in my other Fantasy League (where there's actual $$$ on the line).

I was giddy briefly when after the score was 31-0 Colts, CBS switched the game to "a more competitive matchup" and put the J-E-T-S/Bengals game on (it was 17-14 at that point Jets). Then they went to commercial, and when they came back it was back on the Colts game. Bummer for me!

I kind of feel sorry for the Colts fans in Indy though that have Time Warner Cable. No agreement yet between LIN TV (the owners of the CBS affiliate in Indy) and the cable company means a headache if you want to watch the Colts game.
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:29 pm

I wouldn't consider Baltimore a "top-tier team", though. Who have they beaten? The Bengals and the Browns. And losses to Indy, Pittsburgh and Tennessee.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  IrishGuy Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:38 am

McAllister is having nightmares with a skinny little receiver wearing a blue jersey is burning him time after time. I was watching some of the pregame show on ESPN and all four of the talking heads said that Marv doesn't have "it" anymore, he was done and after this season they could see him hanging it up. If he does hang it up after this season, I think he's doing it on his own will. (either that or he'll be in jail from the pending hand cannon lawsuit)
IrishGuy
IrishGuy
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1511

Back to top Go down

Post  IrishGuy Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:01 am

Any of you other Colts die hards notice that Tony Ugoh didn't sniff the field? I really hope this guy pans out for us. I'm not giving up hope yet, but I wouldn't be suprised if the Colts spend a 1st or 2nd round draft pick next year on an offensive tackle. I was also looking forward to Hagler getting some time but the linebackers seemed to play rather well this week.
IrishGuy
IrishGuy
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:07 am

Did Mike Hart return after that hit that almost took out his knee?
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  IrishGuy Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:42 am

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:Did Mike Hart return after that hit that almost took out his knee?

Nope, he didn't return, I haven't heard much about his condition.
IrishGuy
IrishGuy
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:46 am

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:Did Mike Hart return after that hit that almost took out his knee?

This really bummed me out... someone mentioned that the way he was in such immediate pain it seemed like an ACL... I had been itching to see Hart on the field. Was talking to my dad and I said, they ought to put Hart in here and run it up the gut... sure thing, they put hard in and he bashed up the middle to convert on 3rd.

Rhodes is a good back, dont get me wrong, but I've always viewed Hart is a more capable backup to Addai...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:47 am

IrishGuy wrote:Any of you other Colts die hards notice that Tony Ugoh didn't sniff the field? I really hope this guy pans out for us. I'm not giving up hope yet, but I wouldn't be suprised if the Colts spend a 1st or 2nd round draft pick next year on an offensive tackle. I was also looking forward to Hagler getting some time but the linebackers seemed to play rather well this week.

Yea, I dont think Ugoh has been really healthy all year so far...

I was watching the pregame, and they had Tarik Glenn on to provide comment. I kept waitng for him to start speaking before he was introduced... False Start 5 yard penalty, still 3rd down...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  IrishGuy Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:55 am

I am interested to see what the status of Hart is. I can see them putting him on the IR because they can't afford to hold a roster spot for him if it's going to take 8 weeks for to be healthy enough to play again. That means we need a running back. Chad Simpson and Clifton Dawson are on the practice squad, I believe. Justin Forsett is on Seatle's practice squad, and Shaun Alexander is sitting at home eating donuts.
IrishGuy
IrishGuy
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:23 am

pez wrote:I was watching the pregame, and they had Tarik Glenn on to provide comment. I kept waitng for him to start speaking before he was introduced... False Start 5 yard penalty, still 3rd down...

+1000 Laughing

As much as it hurt our O-Line, I was sooooooooooo happy when Glenn announced his retirement. The guy could always be counted on for that clutch False Start penalty. Psyching out that D-line must be pretty tough.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:24 am

IrishGuy wrote:Shaun Alexander is sitting at home eating donuts.

...and that BLOWS my mind. I can't believe no team is willing to give him a chance. Just a couple years ago he scored 27 friggin' TD's.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:28 am

Fleek wrote:
IrishGuy wrote:Shaun Alexander is sitting at home eating donuts.

...and that BLOWS my mind. I can't believe no team is willing to give him a chance. Just a couple years ago he scored 27 friggin' TD's.
Who knows, LaDainian might be joining him in another year or two? He's having a down year this year. Look how fast Eddie George and Rudi Johnson lost it too. Something about running backs when they hit 29 to 30 years of age.
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  IrishGuy Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:42 am

Fleek wrote:
pez wrote:I was watching the pregame, and they had Tarik Glenn on to provide comment. I kept waitng for him to start speaking before he was introduced... False Start 5 yard penalty, still 3rd down...

+1000 Laughing

As much as it hurt our O-Line, I was sooooooooooo happy when Glenn announced his retirement. The guy could always be counted on for that clutch False Start penalty. Psyching out that D-line must be pretty tough.

I gotta disagree. The false starts were annoying, but having a rock at left tackle clutch for a guy who throws 300 yards per game. Defensive ends are so fast in the league, there are very few tackles that can handle that speed and skill on a consistent basis. Wait, as I wrote this post, Tarik just jumped.
IrishGuy
IrishGuy
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:37 am

IrishGuy wrote:
Fleek wrote:

+1000 Laughing

I gotta disagree. The false starts were annoying, but having a rock at left tackle clutch for a guy who throws 300 yards per game. Defensive ends are so fast in the league, there are very few tackles that can handle that speed and skill on a consistent basis. Wait, as I wrote this post, Tarik just jumped.

Heh.... I just wanted to make a tarik glenn funny... he was a good LT... plsu I think most LTs in the league jump once a game, Tarik's just happened to always seem like it was 3rd down, In the final seconds, on the 35 yard line, trying to get to FG range...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:58 am

Colts were very impressive. Either their offense has returned or I was very wrong about the Ravens defense.

Now let me take a minute and whine about the Bears. They are now 3 - 3 and in all losses they had a 4th quarter lead and the defense caved in - the once vaunted defense. Here's a request - when a field goal for you opponent will tie it and there is 11 seconds remaining, how about taking the stupid squib kick out of the playbook?
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:17 pm

Markwes wrote:Colts were very impressive. Either their offense has returned or I was very wrong about the Ravens defense.

Now let me take a minute and whine about the Bears. They are now 3 - 3 and in all losses they had a 4th quarter lead and the defense caved in - the once vaunted defense. Here's a request - when a field goal for you opponent will tie it and there is 11 seconds remaining, how about taking the stupid squib kick out of the playbook?
Quit whining you big baby! You know there are some of us (well, maybe just one on this board) that root for teams without a single solitary victory this year... Razz
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:45 pm

Markwes wrote:Colts were very impressive. Either their offense has returned or I was very wrong about the Ravens defense.

heh... how good would Kyle Orton be if he'd been the guy for the last two years...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  IrishGuy Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:26 pm

I don't mind the Bears overall. My wife was a Bears fan before I came around and her whole family are a bunch of Bears fans. When they scored the touchdown late in the game, I got 3 text messages and one phone call from her various family members rejoicing (basically bragging), as well as my wife jumping around cheering. Funny, after the field goal the phones were awful quiet.
IrishGuy
IrishGuy
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:26 pm

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:

Quit whining you big baby! You know there are some of us (well, maybe just one on this board) that root for teams without a single solitary victory this year... Razz
When your quarterback is your leading rusher with 23 yards, that doesn't bode well for your team. Evil or Very Mad
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:30 pm

pez wrote:

heh... how good would Kyle Orton be if he'd been the guy for the last two years...
I honestly can't fault the coaching staff for staying with Grossman. He has an arm, but I think his problem is more between his ears. After Orton was named the starter before the preseason ended, I went out on some sports blogs and there were actually people who thought Caleb Hanie, an undrafted rookie, should be the starter. Now there would have been a good strategy. Rolling Eyes
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  IrishGuy Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:16 am

Yesterday the Colts activated Chad Simpson (rookie RB) to their 53 man roster from the practice squad. That tells me that Mike Hart's knee could be bad news. Usually an injured 3rd string rookie almost always means he's cut. I say that because a 3rd string running back is not worth taking up a roster spot to heal up for 5 weeks. I could see him end up on the injured reserve sometime today. We'll have to see how much stock they have in him.
IrishGuy
IrishGuy
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:31 am

IrishGuy wrote:Yesterday the Colts activated Chad Simpson (rookie RB) to their 53 man roster from the practice squad. That tells me that Mike Hart's knee could be bad news. Usually an injured 3rd string rookie almost always means he's cut. I say that because a 3rd string running back is not worth taking up a roster spot to heal up for 5 weeks. I could see him end up on the injured reserve sometime today. We'll have to see how much stock they have in him.

I had a feeling it was going this way... I'm guessing it's ACL, out for the season... I doubt the colts will wait and see if he gets healthy... the trade deadline is this week, right?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  IrishGuy Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:49 am

pez wrote:
IrishGuy wrote:Yesterday the Colts activated Chad Simpson (rookie RB) to their 53 man roster from the practice squad. That tells me that Mike Hart's knee could be bad news. Usually an injured 3rd string rookie almost always means he's cut. I say that because a 3rd string running back is not worth taking up a roster spot to heal up for 5 weeks. I could see him end up on the injured reserve sometime today. We'll have to see how much stock they have in him.

I had a feeling it was going this way... I'm guessing it's ACL, out for the season... I doubt the colts will wait and see if he gets healthy... the trade deadline is this week, right?

Trade deadline is today at 4:00 PM. Don't hold your breath, you know the Colts don't trade, let alone mid season trades. Ok, besides the giant Booger, which would be nice to have him playing right now. He's another guy that I have wondered about. He says he's ready to go, but nobody has jumped on him.
IrishGuy
IrishGuy
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:16 am

I don't see Mike Hart getting cut.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down