The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Colts show up big

4 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Colts show up big - Page 3 Empty Re: Colts show up big

Post  Guest Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:41 am

The defense played well in the FIRST half.

And I agree w/your statement about Dallas Clark.

Overall, though...I was pretty happy with the playcalling last night.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  IrishGuy Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:45 am

Peyton Manning has a major case of vaginitus this year. Has he thrown a spiral yet this year? Also, he has misfired more times this season than he typically does all year. Blatent underthrows have taken away probably 6 touchdowns so far.
IrishGuy
IrishGuy
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1511

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:48 am

IrishGuy wrote:Peyton Manning has a major case of vaginitus this year. Has he thrown a spiral yet this year? Also, he has misfired more times this season than he typically does all year. Blatent underthrows have taken away probably 6 touchdowns so far.

Underthrows AND off-target throws. Hey, Peyton...when you throw a ball to Marvin when he's running a corner route, make sure you throw it TO THE CORNER and not the uprights.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:49 am

Fleek wrote:
IrishGuy wrote:Peyton Manning has a major case of vaginitus this year. Has he thrown a spiral yet this year? Also, he has misfired more times this season than he typically does all year. Blatent underthrows have taken away probably 6 touchdowns so far.

Underthrows AND off-target throws. Hey, Peyton...when you throw a ball to Marvin when he's running a corner route, make sure you throw it TO THE CORNER and not the uprights.

Yep, saw that at least twice the first half. I won $5 betting the colts make the first touch down, within the next 4 downs... they made it on #4. Ah, beers.

I also bet that Manning would throw a rock and hit a Titan in the helmet sometime during the game. He did, but wrong team, pegged one of his own.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  IrishGuy Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:07 pm

My favorite thing to see in last night's game as well as last weeks game was the fact that Tony Dungy is finally seeing that his Cover 2 scheme currently has some holes in it. Last week the Colts D played many times with 4 linebackers instead of the normal 3, and only 1 safety. The defense played well last week, mostly holding the Tits running game in check. The offense decided to never get out of the locker room last week. Last night, the D showed alot of 4 safeties on the field at once (Bethea, Sanders, Bullit, and Giordano) with only 2 linebackers. I like that Dungy is looking at different options and adapting to win some games. Keep in mind last night the Colts had me and Pez playing cornerback, and saying that Ratliff and Jennings get two thumbs up from me for their performance.

Peyton came out last night and played great. It's amazing how up and down he has been this year. The O-line did a great job in pass protection, not too sure about run blocking though. The two TD passes to Gonzo were pure genious. Everything about those two plays was amazing, the route, blocking, throw and catch.
IrishGuy
IrishGuy
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:32 pm

IrishGuy wrote:Peyton came out last night and played great. It's amazing how up and down he has been this year. The O-line did a great job in pass protection, not too sure about run blocking though. The two TD passes to Gonzo were pure genious. Everything about those two plays was amazing, the route, blocking, throw and catch.
I agree completely. I went back on the digital recording on my satellite and watched that first TD pass a few times to admire it. Being a Bengals fan, I don't get to see execution quite like that too often! Laughing
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  IrishGuy Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:44 pm

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:
IrishGuy wrote:Peyton came out last night and played great. It's amazing how up and down he has been this year. The O-line did a great job in pass protection, not too sure about run blocking though. The two TD passes to Gonzo were pure genious. Everything about those two plays was amazing, the route, blocking, throw and catch.
I agree completely. I went back on the digital recording on my satellite and watched that first TD pass a few times to admire it. Being a Bengals fan, I don't get to see execution quite like that too often! Laughing

I did exactly the same with my DVR, and thats what made me want to post about it.
IrishGuy
IrishGuy
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:20 pm

Yea, cheers on the first TD pass... I happened to be glancing at the right spot when manning released the ball and said, "holy shit he's got him"... it almost looked like a basketball play... amazing. The replays really caught how the play developed too... the look from the corner back to Manning showed that Gonzo was running free to the endzone and handt turned around, meanwhile the ball is in the air.... he turns, finds the ball, textbook.

I agree that cover 2 has some issues, always had. Madden seemed to think it was a novelty that the colts are vulnerable to the draw, but it's always been the case.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3