Your Favorite 5 TV Comedies

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Your Favorite 5 TV Comedies

Post  Cincy Fan 44 on Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:12 am

1. Seinfeld
2. Cheers
3. Married...With Children
4. 2.5 Men
5. Friends

_________________
Life...what a great choice.
avatar
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852
Location : Wherever you can gird your loins

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Your Favorite 5 TV Comedies

Post  Aggie Transplant on Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:55 am

1. Dick van Dyke show
2. Roseanne
3. Sex and the City (although I'm not really sure it counts as a comedy)
4. Soap
5. open until I think of another one

Aggie Transplant
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Female
Number of posts : 1124
Location : Houston, TX

Back to top Go down

Re: Your Favorite 5 TV Comedies

Post  Markwes on Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:18 am

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:1. Seinfeld
2. Cheers
3. Married...With Children
4. 2.5 Men
5. Friends
You call yourself a fan of corny jokes and don't mention Police Squad? Razz Otherwise, good list except I was never a big fan of Friends.

1. Cheers
2. Seinfeld
3. I Love Lucy
4. Police Squad
5. Happy Days

avatar
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096
Age : 52
Location : asylum

Back to top Go down

Re: Your Favorite 5 TV Comedies

Post  Guest on Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:24 am

1.) Seinfeld
2.) The Office
3.) That 70's Show
4.) King Of Queens
5.) Golden Girls, Three's Company, Roseanne, Married...With Children, etc.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Your Favorite 5 TV Comedies

Post  Scooby01_98 on Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:32 am

Home Improvement
Married with Children
2 1/2 men
Roseanne
That 70's show

If the show keeps going Big Bang Theory could be replacing one of the top 5.
avatar
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1642
Location : The Fort

http://www.nola.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Your Favorite 5 TV Comedies

Post  Cincy Fan 44 on Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:35 am

Markwes wrote:You call yourself a fan of corny jokes and don't mention Police Squad? Razz Otherwise, good list except I was never a big fan of Friends.
I was too young to appreciate Police Squad. I think I might have been in 1st or 2nd grade when that came out; however, I really liked the first Naked Gun movie ("This is our hill, and these are our beans."). The sequels didn't do anything for me though.

_________________
Life...what a great choice.
avatar
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852
Location : Wherever you can gird your loins

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Your Favorite 5 TV Comedies

Post  Markwes on Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:36 am

Scooby01_98 wrote:If the show keeps going Big Bang Theory could be replacing one of the top 5.
I almost mentioned that too. That show is hilarious.
avatar
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096
Age : 52
Location : asylum

Back to top Go down

Re: Your Favorite 5 TV Comedies

Post  Cincy Fan 44 on Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:37 am

Markwes wrote:
Scooby01_98 wrote:If the show keeps going Big Bang Theory could be replacing one of the top 5.
I almost mentioned that too. That show is hilarious.
Ditto.

_________________
Life...what a great choice.
avatar
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852
Location : Wherever you can gird your loins

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Your Favorite 5 TV Comedies

Post  Guest on Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:12 am

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:
Markwes wrote:
Scooby01_98 wrote:If the show keeps going Big Bang Theory could be replacing one of the top 5.
I almost mentioned that too. That show is hilarious.
Ditto.

Tritto.

Also, How I Met Your Mother.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Your Favorite 5 TV Comedies

Post  Guest on Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:17 pm

1. MASH
2. 2.5 men
3. The Simpsons

I'm not too much into comedies...

I would add an honorable mention for Buffy the Vampire Slayer, mostly because of it's deft use of campy horror, homorous dialogue, and amusing spaghetti plot twists and plot these to expose the gritty underbelly of interpersonal relations, coming of age, the burden of responsibility etc...

Anyone who watches and gets Buffy the Vampire Slayer will realize how brilliant it is. Whats interesting and almost unique about Buffy is that the show ended before it jumped the shark.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Your Favorite 5 TV Comedies

Post  Aggie Transplant on Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:36 pm

pez wrote:
I would add an honorable mention for Buffy the Vampire Slayer, mostly because of its deft use of campy horror, homorous dialogue, and amusing spaghetti plot twists and plot these to expose the gritty underbelly of interpersonal relations, coming of age, the burden of responsibility etc...

Anyone who watches and gets Buffy the Vampire Slayer will realize how brilliant it is. Whats interesting and almost unique about Buffy is that the show ended before it jumped the shark.

I absolutely LOVE Buffy, but didn't consider it a comedy. Angel also had humor, but it was definitely a darker show.

Geek moment -- are you reading the Buffy comic book penned by Joss?

Aggie Transplant
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Female
Number of posts : 1124
Location : Houston, TX

Back to top Go down

Re: Your Favorite 5 TV Comedies

Post  Guest on Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:12 pm

1. Arrested Development
2. The Simpsons
3. Seinfeld
4. The Office

Hmm, I can't decide on what #5 would be, there are plenty of others that I enjoy.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Your Favorite 5 TV Comedies

Post  Guest on Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:12 pm

Aggie Transplant wrote:
pez wrote:
I would add an honorable mention for Buffy the Vampire Slayer, mostly because of its deft use of campy horror, homorous dialogue, and amusing spaghetti plot twists and plot these to expose the gritty underbelly of interpersonal relations, coming of age, the burden of responsibility etc...

Anyone who watches and gets Buffy the Vampire Slayer will realize how brilliant it is. Whats interesting and almost unique about Buffy is that the show ended before it jumped the shark.

I absolutely LOVE Buffy, but didn't consider it a comedy. Angel also had humor, but it was definitely a darker show.

Geek moment -- are you reading the Buffy comic book penned by Joss?

Yea, I wouldnt consider it a 'sitcom,' certainly, but I find the humor in Buffy to be funnier than, say, 'Seinfeld'... But, like I said I dont get into too many comedies...

No, I'm not reading the comic, I just watched the show on USA every morning for 3-4 years (every morning at 6:00 AM)...
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Your Favorite 5 TV Comedies

Post  LTRT on Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:21 pm

1) Home Improvement
2) Fresh Prince of Belair
3) Cosby Show
4) Sanford & Son
5) Mash
avatar
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Re: Your Favorite 5 TV Comedies

Post  Guest on Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:30 pm

1. The Office
2. Robot Chicken.
3. The Daily Show
4. The Soup
5. Family Guy
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Your Favorite 5 TV Comedies

Post  Guest on Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:50 am

1.) Simpsons
2.) Family Guy
3.) Robot Chicken
4.) Two and a Half Men
5.) That 70's Show
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Your Favorite 5 TV Comedies

Post  Canuck on Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:29 pm

1. M.A.S.H
2. The Daily Show
3. The Colbert Report
4. Keeping Up Appearances (British)
5. Are You Being Served (British)
avatar
Canuck
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1717
Location : Kanaduh

Back to top Go down

Re: Your Favorite 5 TV Comedies

Post  sunny d on Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:47 pm

Canuck wrote:1. M.A.S.H
2. The Daily Show
3. The Colbert Report
4. Keeping Up Appearances (British)
5. Are You Being Served (British)

Keeping up Appearances and Are you Being Served cracks me up!!! Gotta love the BBC
avatar
sunny d
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Number of posts : 76

Back to top Go down

Re: Your Favorite 5 TV Comedies

Post  iberlingirl on Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:23 pm

WipeOut
I Love Lucy
Mash
2.5 Men
Big Bang Theory
avatar
iberlingirl
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Female
Number of posts : 1185
Age : 49

Back to top Go down

Re: Your Favorite 5 TV Comedies

Post  Guest on Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:56 pm

1) Real Time with Bill Maher
2) ALF
3) I Love Lucy
4) King of Queens
5) Everyone Loves Raymond
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Your Favorite 5 TV Comedies

Post  LTRT on Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:47 pm

Bman wrote:2) ALF

I forgot about that one...

"Yo Willie"......
avatar
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Re: Your Favorite 5 TV Comedies

Post  Guest on Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:15 pm

LTRT wrote:
Bman wrote:2) ALF

I forgot about that one...

"Yo Willie"......

It is back on WGN again now in syndication of course. lol
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Your Favorite 5 TV Comedies

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum