Pryor commits to the Buckeyes

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Pryor commits to the Buckeyes

Post  Cincy Fan 44 on Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:00 pm

Not even regular season yet, and THE OSU scores a victory against the school up north. This move will surely bring multiple National Championships to Columbus. (God I hope so anyway, or me and bman will never hear the end of it!)

http://cbs.sportsline.com/collegefootball/story/10722207

Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Pryor commits to the Buckeyes

Post  Markwes on Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:14 pm

I just saw that too. Congrats!

(lucky bastards)
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:16 pm

I was just going to post this ... what a GREAT day. Wonder how Card and LTRT will spin this loss for Michigan vs. the Sweater Vest guy.

OH IO

I hear Hang on Sloopy playing in the background I think, wait, now I hear the Buckeye Fight Song ... shit we just REload around tOSU. God Bless Jim Tressel.

Last edited by Bman on Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 on Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:27 pm

Bman, do you think he'll be redshirted this year or what? I really don't think he'll take over for Todd Boeckman as the starter unless Todd just flat falls on his face, which I don't see happening...

Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT on Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:46 pm

Bman wrote:I was just going to post this ... what a GREAT day. Wonder how Card and LTRT will spin this loss for Michigan vs. the Sweater Vest guy.

OH IO

I hear Hang on Snoopy playing in the background I think, wait, now I hear the Buckeye Fight Song ... shit we just REload around tOSU. God Bless Jim Tressel.

"Pryor is the only Pennsylvania player to both rush and pass for at least 4,000 yards in football. He also scored 2,285 points in basketball."

Humm, looks like a talented player, but flips a coin when deciding which college to choose.

Doesn't look like he's got much for brains. Laughing Hopefully he doesn't go the way of Schleister or hang out with the boys from the hood (Vick) and lives up to the hype or OSU might have another Justin Zwick. Very Happy
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:49 pm

GO BALL STATE

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 on Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:59 pm

LTRT2 wrote:
Bman wrote:I was just going to post this ... what a GREAT day. Wonder how Card and LTRT will spin this loss for Michigan vs. the Sweater Vest guy.

OH IO

I hear Hang on Snoopy playing in the background I think, wait, now I hear the Buckeye Fight Song ... shit we just REload around tOSU. God Bless Jim Tressel.

"Pryor is the only Pennsylvania player to both rush and pass for at least 4,000 yards in football. He also scored 2,285 points in basketball."

Humm, looks like a talented player, but flips a coin when deciding which college to choose.

Doesn't look like he's got much for brains. Laughing Hopefully he doesn't go the way of Schleister or hang out with the boys from the hood (Vick) and lives up to the hype or OSU might have another Justin Zwick. Very Happy

sore loser!

Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  rksgrl on Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:16 pm

I just hope he doesn't turn out to be another Maurice. I can't handle all that drama again. The past few years have been relatively quiet and I like it. We don't need gangsters!
rksgrl
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Number of posts : 29

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:52 pm

So far this kid seems to have a pretty good head on his shoulders, which just makes his choice all that more questionable.. no one with intelligence goes to OSU, only dumb jocks.

That said, I don't put too much stock into HS rankings.. it's HS. Look at Artis Chambers, he was a stud here in Ft Wayne, go to Michigan and 1) couldn't keep up grades (which added to my questioning any Snider players academics) and 2) isn't all that great at the college level.

I'm not worried, Michigan is putting in an entirely new team, and one that will be setup to defend the exact player that he is. I'm hoping for a .500 season this year, anything better is gravy. Year 2 though.... watch out.

Anyone remember Ron Powlus and Todd Marinovich? I think this kid will do better than them, but I think it's foolish to expect him to do anything spectacular in year 1 or 2 for that matter. The only QB to be a stud in his first year or two as a passer and rusher has been Dan LeFevour in the MAC.. and that's playing against notably worse competition. I guess you could say the same about Tebow, but I think he gets more hype than he deserves, plus he had a year to learn the system before playing. LeFevour was more valuable to his team IMO, but he's not the SEC.

Good for OSU.. it'll only make it sweeter when UofM beats them in 2 years (I'm succeeding a loss this year).

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooby01_98 on Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:14 pm

I say he will be in jail by the end of October.
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1642

http://www.nola.com

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT on Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:35 pm

Scooby01_98 wrote:I say he will be in jail by the end of October.

Scoob nails it once again! lol!
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:47 am

Scooby01_98 wrote:I say he will be in jail by the end of October.

I just lost all kinds of respect for Scooby ... lol

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes on Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:31 pm

Actually, I think Scooby is right on. The more I hear about this kid, the more I'm inclined to say you can have him. And did you hear how he announced it - "University of Ohio State". Gasp, he didn't refer to the official sacred name! Blasphemy! Exclamation
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:48 pm

Markwes wrote:Actually, I think Scooby is right on. The more I hear about this kid, the more I'm inclined to say you can have him. And did you hear how he announced it - "University of Ohio State". Gasp, he didn't refer to the official sacred name! Blasphemy! Exclamation

He said what he did because if he would have just said "THE Ohio...." there would have been no suspense, using the phrase The University of .... kept people in suspense because he still might have said Michigan, Oregon or Pennsylvania so I can't blame the kid, he is an 18 year old looking for some lime light ... he got it and will probably lead us to yet ANOTHER National Title under Mr. Sweater Vest himself.

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 on Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:56 pm

There is no 'probably' about it Bman...he WILL do it. And I agree, the whole "University of ..." was just to keep us on the edge of our seats for one...more...second. Good thing he didn't pull a Seacrest and say something like "The University I've chosen...will be revealed right after I sign this endorsement deal." Laughing

Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT on Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:57 pm

Markwes wrote:Actually, I think Scooby is right on. The more I hear about this kid, the more I'm inclined to say you can have him. And did you hear how he announced it - "University of Ohio State". Gasp, he didn't refer to the official sacred name! Blasphemy! Exclamation

Like I said before, doesn't look like he's got much for brains, maybe too many rib-tips Laughing
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:27 pm

you guys are starting to sound like RQ with your love for HS kids....

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooby01_98 on Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:13 pm

cardinal5150 wrote:you guys are starting to sound like RQ with your love for HS kids....

That's even a lower comment than me saying he will be in jail.
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1642

http://www.nola.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:10 pm

Scooby01_98 wrote:
cardinal5150 wrote:you guys are starting to sound like RQ with your love for HS kids....

That's even a lower comment than me saying he will be in jail.

Well.. they are buckeye fans...

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top