The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guitar Hero 3

4 posters

Go down

Guitar Hero 3 Empty Guitar Hero 3

Post  Guest Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:49 pm

Ok, so this Christmas I tried to develop carpal tunnel syndrome with my brother in law by playing GH3 for 6 hours...

I got sore fingers, sore wrist/hand, and more than a few leg cramps tapping out the beat.

It's an amazingly addictive game!

Can't wait to do it again Very Happy

Has this happened to you?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Guitar Hero 3 Empty Re: Guitar Hero 3

Post  Guest Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:01 pm

NO .. it looks way too complicated for me. I watched the kids in Best Buy play and it looked easy; then some newbies tried and it was horrible. I have enough trouble following the mii(s) doing step aerobics on wii fit.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:12 pm

Vis wrote:NO .. it looks way too complicated for me. I watched the kids in Best Buy play and it looked easy; then some newbies tried and it was horrible. I have enough trouble following the mii(s) doing step aerobics on wii fit.

I hear what you're saying. The first time I picked it up a few months ago I was terrible. I guess it was the christmas spirit that brought out my hidden talent on the easy level. Very Happy

We have the Fit and The kids also got WiiSki for christmas but I haven't tried that out yet. Have you tried the Yoga exercises? I was surprised when I started getting up and doing some Yoga how much it helped wake me up. It's like a cup of coffee, only better. But I still have to have my coffee!

I also got hooked on a Rapala Tournament fishing game. I thought it would be all hillbilly action like Deer Hunter or something, but it's really a really relaxing game, kind of like computer golf... soft music, "heavenly" nature pictures, etc.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:47 pm

I've done o few of the yoga exercises. Only had it a couple of days so still adjusting. The ski jumping is fun. I also bought the winter sports which is petty fun; except for the ice skating. I fall all the time. The commentary is brutal.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:48 pm

People should just learn to play a real instrument...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:08 pm

Jugomugo wrote:People should just learn to play a real instrument...

LOL, no kiddin' and to think of all those years I played an air guitar. geek
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:16 pm

LTRT wrote:LOL, no kiddin' and to think of all those years I played an air guitar. geek
Thought about giving one of my nephew's an empty shoe box this year for Christmas and tell him that it was an "air guitar" but I thought better of it. He's still a little too young for that. Laughing
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:26 pm

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:
LTRT wrote:LOL, no kiddin' and to think of all those years I played an air guitar. geek
Thought about giving one of my nephew's an empty shoe box this year for Christmas and tell him that it was an "air guitar" but I thought better of it. He's still a little too young for that. Laughing

Never too young to jam, lol. I think I was 5 or 6 when I started playing to my older bro's Zep albums. Laughing
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:53 am

LTRT wrote:
Cincy Fan 44 wrote:

Never too young to jam, lol. I think I was 5 or 6 when I started playing to my older bro's Zep albums. Laughing

So, it has been a long time since ya rock an roll ... Very Happy

Soooooooorrrrrry... couldn't resist.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:58 am

Jugomugo wrote:People should just learn to play a real instrument...

Well, until I pick up the subtle mechanics of the Japanese Ichigenkin, this is the next best thing.

What instrument do you play?

For what it's worth, if I use my minds eye I see you playing the flute. afro

My brother in law and I were talking about this the other day and we decided it's a good thing if it gets my son to sit down and "pluck" in time with the music. Anything that extends the attention span for a few minutes is a good thing. Also, he's learning to weave together the visual, and audio, with manual action.

I just can't be the kind of parent who lets him play video games 5 hours a day, never encouraging him to play a real instrument. But even if he liked playing electronic instruments better, that's music too, and I encourage that.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:01 am

Time to get him an 808.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Mort Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:09 pm

Well I for one enjoy gaming I do it when I can.

As for guitar I've been jamming since 59 and still do everyday ... no air guitar for this guy only the real thing cheers
pic of my latest axe
http://www.sweetwater.com/guitargallery/electric/all/sZ7223094/ except mine is pearl color Like a Star @ heaven

I have never seen or tried that guitar hero weird
Mort
Mort
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 1400

https://therealboard.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:43 pm

I've been thinking for years starting to play guitar by learning on a bass.

I want my first axe to have maple fretboard, and deep bloody red body... like this one...

http://www.sweetwater.com/images/guitars/PBassDASMBP/MZ8076806/MZ8076806-body-l.jpg

or maybe with this sunburst body Very Happy

http://www.sweetwater.com/images/guitars/JBassSTRBSB/MZ8277391/MZ8277391-body-l.jpg

kinda like this one...

http://www.sweetwater.com/images/guitars/Cirrus5MQTE/51535459/51535459-body-l.jpg
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Mort Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:53 am

You have good taste those are nice one's
Mort
Mort
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 1400

https://therealboard.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:57 am

"who are you callin' pops?" Laughing
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  IrishGuy Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:18 pm

LTRT wrote:

"who are you callin' pops?" Laughing

Freaking Great!
IrishGuy
IrishGuy
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1511

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:23 pm

I saw that commercial twice last night and only now noticed Metallica and Bobby Knight... hilarious!

I think it's pretty cool that Bobby is getting some mileage out of his past "mistakes". Very Happy
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down