Tony Dungy's future...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tony Dungy's future...

Post  Cincy Fan 44 on Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:37 am

Will Tony Dungy resign as the Colts head coach today/this off-season?

I say yes. He's a couple years removed from winning a Super Bowl...things haven't worked out the last 2 times to the playoffs...he might still be grieving the loss of his son...so yeah, it wouldn't shock me one bit if he resigns.

_________________
Life...what a great choice.
avatar
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852
Location : Wherever you can gird your loins

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Tony Dungy's future...

Post  Guest on Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:01 am

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:Will Tony Dungy resign as the Colts head coach today/this off-season?

I say yes. He's a couple years removed from winning a Super Bowl...things haven't worked out the last 2 times to the playoffs...he might still be grieving the loss of his son...so yeah, it wouldn't shock me one bit if he resigns.

I hope he does... I like Dungy, think he's a great coach, but want to see the Colts move in a different direction, focusing on QB (done for the next 3-4 years), then defensive line, then offensive line.

Peyton Manning could make me look good as a WR... I'm seeing the cap numbers of someone like Marvin and thinking we could get a couple fat assed DT's.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Tony Dungy's future...

Post  Guest on Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:05 am

Wow ... Pez has just thrown Tony Dungy under the bus. I think the Cincinnati short bus should hire him as a replacement to Marvin Lewis.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Tony Dungy's future...

Post  Guest on Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:56 am

Bman wrote:Wow ... Pez has just thrown Tony Dungy under the bus. I think the Cincinnati short bus should hire him as a replacement to Marvin Lewis.

heh... I didnt through him under the bus... go ahead and name a street after him in Indy, but let him move on...
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Tony Dungy's future...

Post  IrishGuy on Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:02 pm

pez wrote:
Cincy Fan 44 wrote:Will Tony Dungy resign as the Colts head coach today/this off-season?

I say yes. He's a couple years removed from winning a Super Bowl...things haven't worked out the last 2 times to the playoffs...he might still be grieving the loss of his son...so yeah, it wouldn't shock me one bit if he resigns.

I hope he does... I like Dungy, think he's a great coach, but want to see the Colts move in a different direction, focusing on QB (done for the next 3-4 years), then defensive line, then offensive line.

Peyton Manning could make me look good as a WR... I'm seeing the cap numbers of someone like Marvin and thinking we could get a couple fat assed DT's.

Here's my problem, if Dungy retires, we're not going to move in a different direction. The longtime assistant coach is slated to take over. If this were not a known fact, I would love the idea of moving in a somewhat different direction. Shannahan and Cower are out there. I'd take a day off work to go pick up either one at the airport, I'd even buy them lunch. But, since the longtime asssitant is there, I hope Dungy comes back for another year.
avatar
IrishGuy
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1511
Location : Fort Wayne

Back to top Go down

Re: Tony Dungy's future...

Post  Guest on Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:22 pm

I wish I knew more about caldwell... Any coach that steps in and tries to coach like someone else is doomed to fail. So If caldwell is a cc of dungy, then lets go ahead and get caldwell into the top spot so he can fail faster.

No one can take the place of Dungy, and anyone who tries to do so will fail. If that's what caldwell is going to attempt then it will be a waste of the last 4-5 years of Manning's career.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Tony Dungy's future...

Post  IrishGuy on Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:24 pm

Foxsports is reporting that Dungy will retire, presser to be later this afternoon.
avatar
IrishGuy
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1511
Location : Fort Wayne

Back to top Go down

Re: Tony Dungy's future...

Post  Cincy Fan 44 on Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:10 pm

Looks like he's choosing retirement

http://www.wane.com/dpp/news/colts_wish_dungy_retires_200901121217

INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) - - A team source told 24-Hour News 8's Jeane Coakley that Colts Head Coach Tony Dungy will retire.

The source also said Dungy spent the morning in the Farm Bureau Colts complex saying goodbye to coaches and players.

Nine days ago, Dungy said after the Colts' overtime playoff loss to the San Diego Chargers that he would spend about a week deciding whether to return for an eighth season as their coach.

He spent much of that time in Tampa, Fla., where his wife and children moved full-time about a year ago.

Associate Head Coach Jim Caldwell will replace Dungy.

An official announcement will be made at a news conference this evening at 5 p.m.

We'll have more updates on this story throughout the day on-air and online.

Let the bidding begin for his services to serve as an in-studio analyist...

_________________
Life...what a great choice.
avatar
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852
Location : Wherever you can gird your loins

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Tony Dungy's future...

Post  LTRT on Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:20 pm

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:Let the bidding begin for his services to serve as an in-studio analyist...

Ten bucks says the contract is already signed. Suspect
avatar
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Re: Tony Dungy's future...

Post  Cincy Fan 44 on Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:22 pm

LTRT wrote:
Cincy Fan 44 wrote:Let the bidding begin for his services to serve as an in-studio analyist...

Ten bucks says the contract is already signed. Suspect
So which network then? If any, I'd say he goes to CBS...

_________________
Life...what a great choice.
avatar
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852
Location : Wherever you can gird your loins

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Tony Dungy's future...

Post  LTRT on Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:29 pm

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:
LTRT wrote:
Cincy Fan 44 wrote:Let the bidding begin for his services to serve as an in-studio analyist...

Ten bucks says the contract is already signed. Suspect
So which network then? If any, I'd say he goes to CBS...

My magical powers of insight seem to have gone blank on that one. What a Face
avatar
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Re: Tony Dungy's future...

Post  IrishGuy on Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:58 pm

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:

Let the bidding begin for his services to serve as an in-studio analyist...

nah, guest appearances, playoffs, etc. but I don't see him doing a full time analyist gig.
avatar
IrishGuy
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1511
Location : Fort Wayne

Back to top Go down

Re: Tony Dungy's future...

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum