The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Michael Phelps caught with cannabis pipe

+2
iberlingirl
LTRT
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Michael Phelps caught with cannabis pipe Empty Michael Phelps caught with cannabis pipe

Post  LTRT Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:00 pm

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/news/150832/14-times-Olympic-gold-medal-winner-Michael-Phelps-caught-with-bong-cannabis-pipe.html

In our exclusive photo Michael Phelps, who won a record EIGHT gold medals for swimming at the Beijing games last summer, draws from a bong.

The glass pipes are generally used to smoke cannabis.

And after sporting chiefs announced laws which mean four-year bans for drug-taking, Phelps’ dreams of adding to his overall 14 gold medal tally at the 2012 games in London could already be OVER.

Is it him or not. Suspect

Michael Phelps caught with cannabis pipe 56897 Michael Phelps caught with cannabis pipe 795451 Michael Phelps caught with cannabis pipe 864173
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Michael Phelps caught with cannabis pipe Empty Re: Michael Phelps caught with cannabis pipe

Post  Guest Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:00 am

IMHO I think that is a really BIG stretch to think that picture looks like Michael Phelps.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Michael Phelps caught with cannabis pipe Empty Re: Michael Phelps caught with cannabis pipe

Post  LTRT Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:29 pm

Bman wrote:IMHO I think that is a really BIG stretch to think that picture looks like Michael Phelps.

Same here. Watch this play out like the typical tabloid stories do, defamation lawsuit with Mike get wads of cash, but you never know.
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  iberlingirl Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:52 pm

I would have bet money that that was NOT him in that picture!! WOW!! I was wrong!!!

Phelps admits 'bad judgment' after marijuana-pipe photo:
http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/02/01/michael.phelps.marijuana/index.html
iberlingirl
iberlingirl
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Female
Number of posts : 1185

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooby01_98 Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:23 am

Definitely a shocker, didn't think he would be that stupid.
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1642

http://www.nola.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:39 am

Ok, here's where I get on a little soap box... not directing this response to anyone specifically, just the general pop.

I mean C'mon the guy won 8 gold medals!

Good or bad, right or wrong, He probably wasn't concerned about it until this media frenzy started. All the sudden he feels "caught" in the headlights of public opinion and needs to apologize, etc. Give the guy some slack, he's a hero.

Millions of people have smoked pot among others... Bing Crosby... Thomas Jefferson... Peter Boyle... Richard Branson... Sarah Palin... Barack H. Obama... William J. Clinton... Bill Gates... Morgan Freeman... Carl Sagan... Norman Mailer... Arnold Schwartzenegger... Jennifer Aniston... Newt Gingrich... Richard Feynman... and Michael Bloomberg

Would you scrutinize any of the celebrities above for smoking pot when weighed against their accomplishments?

... get with it people... you're grandmother smoked pot with her bible study group!

Last edited by meta4 on Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : misspelled Mrs. Palin's first name!)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:39 am

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20090202/D9636EEO0.html

Meh, whatever. I see NO reason to apologize.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:40 am

meta4 wrote:Ok, here's where I get on a little soap box

Take a survey of the people in your office or place of employment, and I'd guess at least 30-50% smoke pot. Hell... half my floor (cubicle farm) smokes.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:03 pm

Jugomugo wrote:
meta4 wrote:Ok, here's where I get on a little soap box

Take a survey of the people in your office or place of employment, and I'd guess at least 30-50% smoke pot. Hell... half my floor (cubicle farm) smokes.

Ok, I'm not sure the numbers of regular smokers would be quite so 'high' but I think that most people have smoked pot more than once at some period in their lives. I wouldn't think it best to go around taking a poll... but yeah, I'd guess about 80% have.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooby01_98 Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:30 pm

Some people you just get a shocked reaction at when you see certain people do certain things. Especially the way Phelps competed in his sport and took care of his body.

As for hero.....Sports icon, best swimmer so far, excellent athlete.....not with you on the hero status tho.
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:39 pm

Scooby01_98 wrote:Some people you just get a shocked reaction at when you see certain people do certain things. Especially the way Phelps competed in his sport and took care of his body.

As for hero.....Sports icon, best swimmer so far, excellent athlete.....not with you on the hero status tho.

Ok, that's fine. Not everyone has the same standards for "hero".

Would you admit you think less of him than you did before?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooby01_98 Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:20 pm

meta4 wrote:
Scooby01_98 wrote:Some people you just get a shocked reaction at when you see certain people do certain things. Especially the way Phelps competed in his sport and took care of his body.

I really don't think less of him....he is young and I believe he had a helicopter mother over him during all his life. So yeah he did something stupid; more that he let someone take a picture of him doing something stupid.

To keep it in the sports world. I think less of athlete's that use performance enhancing drugs. I think less of the sports figures like pacman Jones who always seem to find trouble.
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:25 pm

Scooby01_98 wrote:
meta4 wrote:

I really don't think less of him....he is young and I believe he had a helicopter mother over him during all his life. So yeah he did something stupid; more that he let someone take a picture of him doing something stupid.

To keep it in the sports world. I think less of athlete's that use performance enhancing drugs. I think less of the sports figures like pacman Jones who always seem to find trouble.

Good observation about Phelps & Family than the guy at the party who said "he was out of control from the moment he arrived". Although, both are probably true.

At least he didn't shoot himself in the leg of some stupid shit like (plax)! Very Happy
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Michael Phelps caught with cannabis pipe Empty Phelps May Face Charges!!!!

Post  iberlingirl Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:24 pm

HERE

(CNN) -- A South Carolina sheriff's office is investigating whether Olympic gold medalist Michael Phelps smoked marijuana on the University of South Carolina campus.

Authorities will file criminal charges if the investigation determines that they are warranted, a spokesman said Tuesday.

"If someone breaks the law in Richland County, we have an obligation as law enforcement to investigate and to bring charges," Sheriff Leon Lott said in a statement.
iberlingirl
iberlingirl
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Female
Number of posts : 1185

Back to top Go down

Post  Mort Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:53 am

OMG so because he sucked in some smoke from a pipe he no longer is on the "throne"? Suspect

The guy was getting smart If he was chugging a beer that would be ok right? Like a Star @ heaven

Myself I think he is cooler now then he was hehe pirat
Mort
Mort
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 1400

https://therealboard.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:59 am

Hey yeah, he shall be called "Bud-wiser" now!

Beers over buds maaaaaaan Michael Phelps caught with cannabis pipe 64140 Michael Phelps caught with cannabis pipe 56897 Michael Phelps caught with cannabis pipe 795451
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Mort Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:06 am

Love it OMG thats funny dude cheers lol! Michael Phelps caught with cannabis pipe 431148
Mort
Mort
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:14 am

They can never actually prove that he was smoking pot. They have no evidence. It's all just fluff to make their police department look special.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:23 am

The person who has the least respect from me in this whole deal is whoever took the picture and decided to sell it to a tabloid and possibly ruin someone's legacy. I'm assuming he thought he was with friends and just having fun. And I can't figure out why he felt the need to apologize either.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:26 am

Jugomugo wrote:They can never actually prove that he was smoking pot. They have no evidence. It's all just fluff to make their police department look special.
Maybe not, but do you really think he would have apologized for it if it wasn't marijuana?

Regardless, I saw that the IOC accepted his apology so they can all play nice again. Michael Phelps caught with cannabis pipe 880362
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:30 am

Jugomugo wrote:They can never actually prove that he was smoking pot. They have no evidence. It's all just fluff to make their police department look special.

Yeah, that whole "sherrifs department" response sounded like "The-donut-eating-good-'ol-boys-got-it-all-under-control-folks". If there's any crime here we'll find it and snuff it out.

I bet they'll try to charge him to see if they can get a couple thousand from him in fines, etc. pig
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Mort Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:42 am

Excellent point Jugo...If you look closely at the photo they is NO SMOKE and I see nothing that resembles cannabis

I do however see a beer bottle OMG!! BEER!!!!!!!!!
Mort
Mort
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:55 am

Mort wrote:

Excellent point Jugo...If you look closely at the photo they is NO SMOKE and I see nothing that resembles cannabis

I do however see a beer bottle OMG!! BEER!!!!!!!!!

See, IMO the beer bottle sets a bad example... he should have been drinking wine, which is more or less a smidge healthier than beer. Now he needs to apologize for giving us all a bad example of which alcoholic beverage to consume. rabbit
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:58 pm

A quote from the sheriff:

"This case is no different than any other case," Lott told the Post. "This one might be a lot easier since we have photographs of someone using drugs and a partial confession. It's a relatively easy case once we can determine where the crime occurred."

Yes sheriff Lott. We need to get this maniac off the streets! Rolling Eyes

So, here's what we know as I understand. Phelps "expressed regret" for the photo (one of the first things a lawyer tells people being sued or that have committed a crime is to not apologize, but that's another issue). However, he has not admitted that it was marijuana in the pipe. I don't know what else could be smoked in a pipe that size, but hey, that's irrelevent. Therefore, there isn't really any evidence. But the more I think about it, the more I think this sheriff sees this as his step stool into advancement, a way to get into the spotlight and impress the country with his by-the-book style. So, I have to ask the question. If all one has to do is confess to it, why wasn't Bill Clinton, and others who admitted they had smoked pot, placed under arrest?
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Mort Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:16 pm

There is no law against an empty and clean bong. Michael Phelps caught with cannabis pipe 56897
Mort
Mort
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next