The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duke Coach to Obama: Worry About the Economy, Not NCAA Picks

3 posters

Go down

Duke Coach to Obama: Worry About the Economy, Not NCAA Picks Empty Duke Coach to Obama: Worry About the Economy, Not NCAA Picks

Post  LTRT Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:15 am

Duke Coach to Obama: Worry About the Economy, Not NCAA Picks
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/03/19/duke-coach-obama-worry-economy-ncaa-picks/

Reacting to news Obama picked North Carolina to win the NCAA Championship, Mike Krzyzewski says, "the economy is something that [the president] should focus on, probably more than the brackets."

Obama spent part of Tuesday making his tournament picks for ESPN, which posted his completed bracket online Wednesday and showed the First Fan filling it out with Andy Katz on the noon edition of "Sportscenter."

"I think Memphis has got a very athletic team," Obama told Katz, an ESPN college basketball analyst. "I think they've got a good shot."

"Here's what I like about Carolina: experience and balance," Obama said.

"The problem with Oklahoma, they have the player of the year, but they play like, seven guys," Obama said. "I think you start getting worn down."

Among the other notable selections, Obama picked 10th-seeded Maryland to beat No. 7 seed California in the West Regional, fifth-seeded Florida State to make the round of 16, and No. 11 seed Virginia Commonwealth to beat UCLA.

Any chance the president slips away for a few minutes to see how his picks are doing when the tournament begins in earnest Thursday?

"I think the chances are pretty high," he said.

Rolling Eyes
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Duke Coach to Obama: Worry About the Economy, Not NCAA Picks Empty Re: Duke Coach to Obama: Worry About the Economy, Not NCAA Picks

Post  iberlingirl Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:10 pm

LTRT wrote:Duke Coach to Obama: Worry About the Economy, Not NCAA Picks
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/03/19/duke-coach-obama-worry-economy-ncaa-picks/

Reacting to news Obama picked North Carolina to win the NCAA Championship, Mike Krzyzewski says, "the economy is something that [the president] should focus on, probably more than the brackets."

Obama spent part of Tuesday making his tournament picks for ESPN, which posted his completed bracket online Wednesday and showed the First Fan filling it out with Andy Katz on the noon edition of "Sportscenter."

"I think Memphis has got a very athletic team," Obama told Katz, an ESPN college basketball analyst. "I think they've got a good shot."

"Here's what I like about Carolina: experience and balance," Obama said.

"The problem with Oklahoma, they have the player of the year, but they play like, seven guys," Obama said. "I think you start getting worn down."

Among the other notable selections, Obama picked 10th-seeded Maryland to beat No. 7 seed California in the West Regional, fifth-seeded Florida State to make the round of 16, and No. 11 seed Virginia Commonwealth to beat UCLA.

Any chance the president slips away for a few minutes to see how his picks are doing when the tournament begins in earnest Thursday?

"I think the chances are pretty high," he said.

Rolling Eyes
Think he'd be whiny if Obama had picked his team?
iberlingirl
iberlingirl
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Female
Number of posts : 1185

Back to top Go down

Duke Coach to Obama: Worry About the Economy, Not NCAA Picks Empty Re: Duke Coach to Obama: Worry About the Economy, Not NCAA Picks

Post  Guest Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:12 pm

iberlingirl wrote:Think he'd be whiny if Obama had picked his team?

Exactly!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:45 pm

I didn't see the clip of coach K making that comment, but I'm going to guess it was said tongue-in-cheek. Or it might have been one of those "that's a dumb question, so here's a dumb answer" responses that coaches often give. Or he could just be whiny.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down