Tom Crean to the rescue

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tom Crean to the rescue

Post  Guest on Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:04 pm

Really? That is the best IU can do?

Back to top Go down

Re: Tom Crean to the rescue

Post  Scooby01_98 on Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:48 am

Not that I have anything against Crean. It is just another example of rushing to a decision.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3324439
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1642

http://www.nola.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:37 am

I think it's a great move. This guy got Dwayne Wade to play for him at Marquette for three years and went to the final four. Marquette is in the Big East and that conference is way better than the Big Ten right now. He consistently wins year in and year out and his team was good enough to make the final four this year. He has ties to the midwest and has recruited well within the state of Indiana.

I can't imagine a better hiring than Tom Crean. Only time will tell. At least he's better than Sampson. I've never liked him as the coach and Greenspan should be fired for hiring him.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:40 am

Bman wrote:Really? That is the best IU can do?

I'm just glad they didn't go after Thad "rah rah" Matta. It's just a matter of time before he bolts Ohio State for something else.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:28 am

Kroman wrote:I think it's a great move. This guy got Dwayne Wade to play for him at Marquette for three years and went to the final four. Marquette is in the Big East and that conference is way better than the Big Ten right now. He consistently wins year in and year out and his team was good enough to make the final four this year. He has ties to the midwest and has recruited well within the state of Indiana.

I can't imagine a better hiring than Tom Crean. Only time will tell. At least he's better than Sampson. I've never liked him as the coach and Greenspan should be fired for hiring him.

Wow ... my head is spinning from the spin coming from Kroman. If Crean was so good he would have be lapped up a few years ago, he gets universities sniffing around but no offers. If Crean is so great why did IU offer the job to Bennett from WSU first? Obviously Crean is a second choice for a second choice school. I will give you that I think Crean will run a clean program.

As for Rah Rah Matta, you guys have wanted him both go rounds. Matta has never won anything thing less than 20 games every year and I agree, I think Matta will move on to the NBA in a few, it will be sad to see him go but if that is his career plan and family plan then he needs to make it happen and his success at Butler, X and THE Ohio State University has proven him as just maybe the nations BEST basketball coach.

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT on Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:32 am

Bman wrote:Really? That is the best IU can do?

Who cares?

I think my response warrants a cookie. Very Happy
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:44 am

Be thankful that the Isiah Thomas rumors weren't true.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:25 pm

I'm confused as to the success of Matta... he made the final game with two of the top 5 players in college basketball last year, and still lost... Jim Boeheim won it all with one stud a few years back if you remember. And how many titles does he have with Xavier and Butler? That's what I thought.... he's a good mid-major coach who can scheme, and now he's at a big time program getting big time talent and made.. the NIT. Good job rah-rah.

I like Crean.. he's clean and stable, that's what IU needs right now. He'll win 20+ games and he'll make them competitive in the NCAA tournament.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top