How 'bout dem Rockets????

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How 'bout dem Rockets????

Post  Aggie Transplant on Tue May 12, 2009 9:05 am

I'm not a huge basketball fan -- season's way too long for me. But I do enjoy the playoffs, and it's even better this year as the Rockets have made it farther than I expected, especially given their injuries. And they kicked the Lakers' ASS the other night!!! Can't say I expect them to win the series, but it was nice to see them give as good as they got.

Keep it up, guys!

Aggie Transplant
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Female
Number of posts : 1124

Back to top Go down

Re: How 'bout dem Rockets????

Post  Scooby01_98 on Wed May 13, 2009 1:32 pm

Anybody that gets rid of the Lakers and Kobe in my book is alright. Doesn't hurt that Ron Artest plays for the Rockets. Always did like him as a player.
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1642

http://www.nola.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Aggie Transplant on Fri May 15, 2009 8:17 am

Can't believe it - I figured the Rockets would fold after losing to the Lakers on Tuesday by 40 points, but they came through. Even if they lose, it's been an amazing series.

Aggie Transplant
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes on Sat May 16, 2009 2:07 pm

Aggie Transplant wrote:I'm not a huge basketball fan -- season's way too long for me. But I do enjoy the playoffs, and it's even better this year as the Rockets have made it farther than I expected, especially given their injuries. And they kicked the Lakers' ASS the other night!!! Can't say I expect them to win the series, but it was nice to see them give as good as they got.

Keep it up, guys!
That's funny because I think the opposite. I like the regular season but the playoffs are too long. Anyway, I hope the Rockets somehow pull it off too. Hard to imagine though any series better than the Bull-Celtics 1st round matchup. 4 overtime games, 7 total overtime periods! Too bad the Bulls couldn't get them in the last game.
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Aggie Transplant on Tue May 19, 2009 9:00 pm

We were in Vegas during the series, and so I missed seeing it. Guess it wasn't much of a game, but I'm still happy it went to 7 games. Ha.

Aggie Transplant
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top