The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clinton Comes To Rescue of Journalists

Go down

Clinton Comes To Rescue of Journalists Empty Clinton Comes To Rescue of Journalists

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:32 pm

I'm sure most of us have heard by now of William Jefferson Clinton's trip to N. Korea to "rescue" the 2 journalists there. I'm very happy for them and for their family. I can't imagine what they've been thru over the past several months. I can only imagine what was going thru the ladies minds when they walked into the room and saw Clinton.

So while I'm happy this story has a happy ending, I'm hoping this doesn't set a precedent. Iran is holding 3 US citizens that recently crossed the border. Are they going to try the same thing as N. Korea? Will other 'enemy' countries follow suit just to get an audience with a US official?

I've heard that N. Korean television was reporting the meeting of Clinton and Kim Jong Il, but didn't show any video or mention the journalists that were being held. Obviously if that's the case, they were nothing more than pawns.

What do y'all think?
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Clinton Comes To Rescue of Journalists Empty Re: Clinton Comes To Rescue of Journalists

Post  Guest Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:28 am

I think this is a band-aid to the ridicule the NK's gave Hillary a few weeks back. Terribly sexist regime, no respect for our female sec. of state. Bill, et. al. made a move which I think presented a more traditional view of authority stemming from the male figure in the union. Diplomatically, NK acts like a passive aggressive teenager. The fact that Bill could/would stand in for his wife as on official envoy is more likely a false impression the NKs wanted to take away from the meeting. I suspect they did discuss certain official business, but obviously that's poo poo'd here state side. We'll just have to wait and see if they requested concessions that will be honored by the official administration. They're using this event more than we are. IMO NK - specifically KJI made a move to present something official to the North Koreans that really was unofficial.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down