Cmon suckers

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Cmon suckers

Post  Pez on Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:26 am

Woot... two more teams signed up last night... still waiting on my dad and my better half... still room... will likely draft in the next 2 weeks.

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1979
Location : Ft Wayne

Back to top Go down

Re: Cmon suckers

Post  Markwes on Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:14 am

meta4 wrote:
Last year was my first time and I took 2nd place. Pez hadda beg me to join. Then, I schooled Markwes, Pez, Cincy, and Fleek (some other players were not on The Board).

They was my beans...
As I recall, a girl drafted your team for you. Twisted Evil Razz
avatar
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096
Age : 52
Location : asylum

Back to top Go down

Re: Cmon suckers

Post  Guest on Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:21 am

Markwes wrote:
meta4 wrote:
Last year was my first time and I took 2nd place. Pez hadda beg me to join. Then, I schooled Markwes, Pez, Cincy, and Fleek (some other players were not on The Board).

They was my beans...
As I recall, a girl drafted your team for you. Twisted Evil Razz

Naw, her team was auto drafted and then I took over the 3rd week. The first week of her autodrafted team won and the 2nd week she lost so I picked it up at 1-1 IIRC.

I had the lions share of my win's & losses fair and square.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Cmon suckers

Post  Markwes on Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:29 am

meta4 wrote:
Markwes wrote:
meta4 wrote:
Last year was my first time and I took 2nd place. Pez hadda beg me to join. Then, I schooled Markwes, Pez, Cincy, and Fleek (some other players were not on The Board).

They was my beans...
As I recall, a girl drafted your team for you. Twisted Evil Razz

Naw, her team was auto drafted and then I took over the 3rd week. The first week of her autodrafted team won and the 2nd week she lost so I picked it up at 1-1 IIRC.

I had the lions share of my win's & losses fair and square.
I'm just trying to fulfill my weekly smack requirement. Very Happy
avatar
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096
Age : 52
Location : asylum

Back to top Go down

Re: Cmon suckers

Post  Guest on Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:33 am

Markwes wrote:
meta4 wrote:
Markwes wrote:
meta4 wrote:
Last year was my first time and I took 2nd place. Pez hadda beg me to join. Then, I schooled Markwes, Pez, Cincy, and Fleek (some other players were not on The Board).

They was my beans...
As I recall, a girl drafted your team for you. Twisted Evil Razz

Naw, her team was auto drafted and then I took over the 3rd week. The first week of her autodrafted team won and the 2nd week she lost so I picked it up at 1-1 IIRC.

I had the lions share of my win's & losses fair and square.
I'm just trying to fulfill my weekly smack requirement. Very Happy

Hehe, you want a receipt?
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Cmon suckers

Post  Pez on Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:35 pm

Canuck wrote:
LTRT wrote:
Keep the Kanookian opinions up north would ya. Laughing

Make him pay triple... Twisted Evil

Does that mean three beers?

Speaking of which, do you guys get Old Vienna beer down in Indiana?

Havent seen such a beer around here... we did just get Fat Tire, which is a good beer but you could only buy it west of the mississippi...

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1979
Location : Ft Wayne

Back to top Go down

Re: Cmon suckers

Post  Pez on Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:35 pm

Markwes wrote:
meta4 wrote:
Last year was my first time and I took 2nd place. Pez hadda beg me to join. Then, I schooled Markwes, Pez, Cincy, and Fleek (some other players were not on The Board).

They was my beans...
As I recall, a girl drafted your team for you. Twisted Evil Razz

Ooooh... now that is some good smack...

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1979
Location : Ft Wayne

Back to top Go down

Re: Cmon suckers

Post  Pez on Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:36 pm

I signed up the neighbor... a rabid steelers fan... since I was doing the work of setting up her account and signing on to the league, I felt obligated to name her team PeytonBaby.

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1979
Location : Ft Wayne

Back to top Go down

Re: Cmon suckers

Post  Guest on Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:11 pm

Canuck wrote:Speaking of which, do you guys get Old Vienna beer down in Indiana?

Man, I had no idea OV got it's start in Wapakoneta, OH. Why the hell don't we see it down here? confused

Here's a fun fact for ya... Wapa is about 1h15m away from M-ville and is best known as the birthplace of Neil Armstrong (the original moonwalker).
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Cmon suckers

Post  Pez on Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:01 pm

Yo!

We need one more team... anyone sitting on the fence should sign up else we cant start the season with an odd number of teams... Everyone I invited is in...

Canuck, you up? Anyone?

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1979
Location : Ft Wayne

Back to top Go down

Re: Cmon suckers

Post  Canuck on Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:55 pm

Pez wrote:Yo!

We need one more team... anyone sitting on the fence should sign up else we cant start the season with an odd number of teams... Everyone I invited is in...

Canuck, you up? Anyone?

Sure, I'll do it, but I won't like it...LOL, just kidding.

Okay, I registered a name, Crazy Canuck...LOL.

HELP!!!!!

Something about waiting for an auto draft?
avatar
Canuck
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1717
Location : Kanaduh

Back to top Go down

Re: Cmon suckers

Post  Guest on Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:06 pm

Canuck wrote:Something about waiting for an auto draft?

We're all just waiting for the autodraft.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Cmon suckers

Post  Pez on Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:33 pm

Awesome... the teams are set, the gauntlet is thrown down...

Canuck... if you want to you can edit your predraft player rankings... then when the draft comes around it will pick the first available guy on your list (a player Can only be on One team).

If you do nothing, Yahoo will pick for you, and the odds are pretty good that you will end Up with a decent team. PM me if you have trouble etc...

Once the season starts, you have to choose your starting lineup for the week... some teams are on Bye weeks, so you have to scramble some times to cover all your positions. It's pretty straightforward. Live scoring is free this year, so you can turn the scoreing on and see your team's score on gameday. You will get the hang of it quickly... also the live scoring from yahoo has live NFL scores, which you may not have had up there (the the extent you are interested)

Have your players ranked by wednesday morning, one week from today...

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1979
Location : Ft Wayne

Back to top Go down

Re: Cmon suckers

Post  Canuck on Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:47 pm

Pez wrote:Awesome... the teams are set, the gauntlet is thrown down...

Canuck... if you want to you can edit your predraft player rankings... then when the draft comes around it will pick the first available guy on your list (a player Can only be on One team).

If you do nothing, Yahoo will pick for you, and the odds are pretty good that you will end Up with a decent team. PM me if you have trouble etc...

Once the season starts, you have to choose your starting lineup for the week... some teams are on Bye weeks, so you have to scramble some times to cover all your positions. It's pretty straightforward. Live scoring is free this year, so you can turn the scoreing on and see your team's score on gameday. You will get the hang of it quickly... also the live scoring from yahoo has live NFL scores, which you may not have had up there (the the extent you are interested)

Have your players ranked by wednesday morning, one week from today...

Thanks...any help will be greatly appreciated.
avatar
Canuck
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1717
Location : Kanaduh

Back to top Go down

Re: Cmon suckers

Post  Pez on Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:53 pm

1. I wouldnt bother ranking your players... yahoo does a good enough job doing it for you...
2. Pay attention to injuries throughout the season... if one of your players gets injured, you will need to fill the space, and make the tough decision to keep that player on your roster
3. Pay attention to players that get injured that arent on your roster... eg if the best running back on the planet becomes injured, you can usually make a shrewd move by picking up his backup... expecially in the RB position.
4. There is a way to have yahoo recommend your weekly roster for you etc...

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1979
Location : Ft Wayne

Back to top Go down

Re: Cmon suckers

Post  Guest on Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:56 pm

Pez wrote:1. I wouldnt bother ranking your players... yahoo does a good enough job doing it for you...
2. Pay attention to injuries throughout the season... if one of your players gets injured, you will need to fill the space, and make the tough decision to keep that player on your roster
3. Pay attention to players that get injured that arent on your roster... eg if the best running back on the planet becomes injured, you can usually make a shrewd move by picking up his backup... expecially in the RB position.
4. There is a way to have yahoo recommend your weekly roster for you etc...

5. Make your trades/pickups on Tuesdays and you can't go wrong. (that's right isn't it? Tuesdays?)
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Cmon suckers

Post  Cincy Fan 44 on Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:46 pm

meta4 wrote:
Pez wrote:1. I wouldnt bother ranking your players... yahoo does a good enough job doing it for you...
2. Pay attention to injuries throughout the season... if one of your players gets injured, you will need to fill the space, and make the tough decision to keep that player on your roster
3. Pay attention to players that get injured that arent on your roster... eg if the best running back on the planet becomes injured, you can usually make a shrewd move by picking up his backup... expecially in the RB position.
4. There is a way to have yahoo recommend your weekly roster for you etc...

5. Make your trades/pickups on Tuesdays and you can't go wrong. (that's right isn't it? Tuesdays?)
For you it's Friday... Razz

_________________
Life...what a great choice.
avatar
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852
Location : Wherever you can gird your loins

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Cmon suckers

Post  Scooby01_98 on Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:51 pm

Wow I got some really unknown players this year. First time without willie parker since I played with you guys. Already hitting the waiver wire for some free agents.

Good luck to everyone not playing me on the week we match up.
avatar
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1642
Location : The Fort

http://www.nola.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Cmon suckers

Post  Guest on Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:07 pm

Man, I am stoked I got Adrian Peterson.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Cmon suckers

Post  Pez on Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:18 pm

you had him last year too eh?

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1979
Location : Ft Wayne

Back to top Go down

Re: Cmon suckers

Post  Guest on Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:23 pm

Pez wrote:you had him last year too eh?

eyah
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Cmon suckers

Post  Markwes on Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:09 pm

I guess I have to settle for Tomlinson and Portis. pirat
avatar
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096
Age : 52
Location : asylum

Back to top Go down

Re: Cmon suckers

Post  Cincy Fan 44 on Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:11 pm

Savage Oatmeal was on the warpath this weekend! Most points scored in Week 1. cheers Not sure who I crushed, but I'm sure they're nothing more than shredded wheat by now!

_________________
Life...what a great choice.
avatar
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852
Location : Wherever you can gird your loins

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Cmon suckers

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum