Obama’s Address to Students or Students address back to Obama

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Obama’s Address to Students or Students address back to Obama

Post  LTRT on Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:22 pm

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/document-preview.aspx?doc_id=10582301

Pre-K? scratch
I would imagine that there will be high absentee rate for Sept. 8th.

"Don't you ever ask them why, if they told you, you would cry,
So just look at them and sigh and know they love you."

Last edited by LTRT on Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Re: Obama’s Address to Students or Students address back to Obama

Post  floridafun on Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:06 am

so the kids will be learning how to write letters to politicians to make their voices heard, they will be talked to about the importance of education, they will be encouraged to study and make decent grades, they will learn a bit about government and the presidency, they will get a bit of background on our current prez who is making trime to speak with them...

OMG HE IS INDOCTRINATING THEM!! HE IS TURNING THEM INTO COMMUNISTS!!

ltrt read up on the great senator joseph mccarthy, that great right wing leader on rooting out communism in america.. a shiney new hero for ya!
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 on Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:25 am

What if President Bush had tried this? What would the Lefties say? Just asking.

Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:34 am

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:What if President Bush had tried this? What would the Lefties say? Just asking.

Bush did ... remember 9-11?

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 on Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:46 am

Bman wrote:
Cincy Fan 44 wrote:What if President Bush had tried this? What would the Lefties say? Just asking.

Yeah, he was in a classroom, reading a story to kids, not giving his version of why the Democrats are evil and the Republicans are the best thing since sliced bread (not saying that's what Obama will do this, only in reverse).

Look, right now I don't give a rip if the prez is doing this...depending on what the message is. I haven't heard what that is right now. I'll reserve final judgement until more details become available. Maybe the details are out there? I just haven't had time to research them. I had more important things to do last night like drafting my fantasy football team. Laughing

Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:49 am

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:
Bman wrote:

Yeah, he was in a classroom, reading a story to kids, not giving his version of why the Democrats are evil and the Republicans are the best thing since sliced bread (not saying that's what Obama will do this, only in reverse).

Look, right now I don't give a rip if the prez is doing this...depending on what the message is. I haven't heard what that is right now. I'll reserve final judgement until more details become available. Maybe the details are out there? I just haven't had time to research them. I had more important things to do last night like drafting my fantasy football team. Laughing

Obviously LTRT thinks the big brainwash is goin to happen or he would not have posted this link ... and you leaped to that conclusion too by bringing how those pesky liberals would have acted if Bush did this ... guess you should have just completely held off huh?

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 on Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:52 am

Bman wrote:
Cincy Fan 44 wrote:
Bman wrote:

Obviously LTRT thinks the big brainwash is goin to happen or he would not have posted this link ... and you leaped to that conclusion too by bringing how those pesky liberals would have acted if Bush did this ... guess you should have just completely held off huh?
Sorry for what the other side might have been thinking if the shoe was on the other foot.

Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun on Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:07 am

cincy did you read the link? it is what i based my opinion on. of course we dont know that he will stick to the outline..i was expressing my thoughts on the outline under discussion. what are yours on it..without speculating what code words might be included to indoctrinate.

i didnt criticize bush for going to schools and reading with kids. i didnt criticize that when he got the whispered message that the twin towers had been flown into, he didnt jump up and rip off his presidential jacket to reveal his superhero suit and fly outa there to make everything ok, freaking out all those kids in the process. i didnt criticize him on the speech he gave immediately after 911, the best in his political career. i criticized him for things that mattered to me, after i originally voted for him in his first term. a few years after, actually, when proof of his lies was provided to the public by that famous gotcha media.
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT on Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:51 pm

floridafun wrote:so the kids will be learning how to write letters to politicians to make their voices heard, they will be talked to about the importance of education, they will be encouraged to study and make decent grades, they will learn a bit about government and the presidency, they will get a bit of background on our current prez who is making trime to speak with them...

ltrt read up on the great senator joseph mccarthy, that great right wing leader on rooting out communism in america.. a shiney new hero for ya!

Does pre-k and kdr'gn even know how to write their name?

Learn about government, isn't that taught in 10th grade?
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:57 pm

Dude, I met Ronald Reagan for coffee when I was 5

whatchutalkinboutwillis?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:05 pm

CH 15 just stated on this very topic that President George H.W. Bush did exactly the same thing Obama is doing in 1991 ... wow ... now the outcry from the right. I know ... We are taking your country from you!

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 on Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:22 pm

Bman wrote:CH 15 just stated on this very topic that President George H.W. Bush did exactly the same thing Obama is doing in 1991 ... wow ... now the outcry from the right. I know ... We are taking your country from you!
And the more things change, the more they stay the same. Democrats criticized Bush Sr. too...

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2009/09/03/2051165.aspx

As it turns out, a controversy over a president giving an education speech to students isn't new.

One, George H.W. Bush gave a speech to students back in 1991. And two, Democrats criticized him for it.

From the Washington Post on Oct. 4, 1991 (hat tip to KY3 and our friends at Hotline):

White House press secretary Marlin Fitzwater came armed to the lectern top yesterday to rebut complaints that the president used taxpayer money for a political event to promote himself as the education president.

Democrats are complaining that the $26,750 paid by the Education Department to a private media firm to produce television coverage of Bush's speech to students on education Tuesday was improperly used. The television performance was broadcast live by CNN and other stations around the nation could pick it up by satellite.

Not that the White House is sensitive about the issue, but Fitzwater said that if the White House instead had sent a letter to only 86,000 of the nation's 4.6 million schoolchildren, it would have cost more. The TV show was just another way to get the president's message out, Fitzwater said, and cynical journalists should get with the new technology.

Wouldn't the film make good campaign commercials, Fitzwater was asked. "We certainly would use any tape of the president, doing anything, anywhere in the world at any time if it was to his political benefit," Fitzwater agreed.

Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:57 pm

We said he was using it as a political ploy, the right wing is saying he is trying to indoctrinate the youth. Hilarious.

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun on Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:46 am

LTRT wrote:
floridafun wrote:so the kids will be learning how to write letters to politicians to make their voices heard, they will be talked to about the importance of education, they will be encouraged to study and make decent grades, they will learn a bit about government and the presidency, they will get a bit of background on our current prez who is making trime to speak with them...

Does pre-k and kdr'gn even know how to write their name?

Learn about government, isn't that taught in 10th grade?

mine wrote their name pre-k. and like their mom they grew up in a home where government and politics were a fairly frequent topic of discussion among adults. yeah pretty much over their heads but a climate of learning and curiosity about how some choose their political and personal values. enough so that when my oldest was taught in 9th grade the holocaust never happened except as all deaths in righteous wars and was exaggerated to generate pity for jews, he sat thru a couple days thinking it was a spoof which would lead to a serious teaching moment. when he saw he was wrong he went to the principals office and explained he isnt here to learn flat out lies from a history teacher. he explained he would return to the class after the teacher started teaching based on proven facts. beginning the next day the teacher stuck with the facts and never liked my son. the feeling was mutual. and i found some vids supporting your view..i do try to have knowledge and understanding of all views. each is very short fyi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsqBs8iOmvE&feature=related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nublLQDGbU&feature=PlayList&p=DE512F69250707F8&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=28

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqEjFusgUh0&feature=related
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun on Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:23 am

back when i was pre or k age (there was no kindergarten back then) we would go to see a movie..mickey mouse type stuff, dumbo or bambi or pinochio, whatever kid movie was playing. and there were short little indoctrination films maybe just 15 min long, shown before the movie started. thanx to our government. constant comments on threat of communism--about the threat of communism that we must be constantly on the alert for and about how to properly duck and cover in case russia bombed us. movies showing mushroom clouds so we would recognize the takeover threat when (not if) it happened. about how real true americans are eager to serve in the military to protect america FROM RUSSIA, about showing scenes supposedly of life in russia with lockstep marchers out to destroy america. the president wasnt a dem. not that party mattered.
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  SavoyTruffle on Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:54 am

http://www.journalgazette.net/article/20090904/LOCAL04/309049966/1002/LOCAL

“I’m afraid there’s going to be some attempts at brainwashing,” said Amy Riecken, 31, whose two sons attend Imagine MASTer Academy, a charter school on Wells Street.

“I’m very conservative, and what I’m hearing is this is going to be what can you do for President Obama. It feels like Hitler’s Germany to me or like we’re living in Cuba.”

Well, either she wins the hyperbole of the year award or she is incredibly paranoid (and has equally paranoid sources). Seriously, I was boiling when I read this line in this morning...there is NO reason to take the road she did in that statement.

EDIT: 100 posts now since the return? I've got to step it up a notch! Twisted Evil
SavoyTruffle
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Male
Number of posts : 174

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes on Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:13 pm

Count me in the "reserve judgment" group. Threatening to keep your kids out of school is going a bit overboard.
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:45 pm

Markwes wrote:Count me in the "reserve judgment" group. Threatening to keep your kids out of school is going a bit overboard.

I wonder if you thought the same thing in 1991? Just wonderin?

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes on Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:33 pm

Bman wrote:
Markwes wrote:Count me in the "reserve judgment" group. Threatening to keep your kids out of school is going a bit overboard.

I wonder if you thought the same thing in 1991? Just wonderin?
I was starting a family back in 1991. I don't even recall anything about Bush Sr. talking to students. Why do you ask?
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun on Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:40 pm

when i was in school they usually brought little b and w portables into classrooms when presidents gave speeches so we could watch during class. middle school on up anyway.

there is a gal where i work who thinks obama is going to talk to the kids about universal healthcare.
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:23 pm

The AUDACITY to say these things, no wonder republicans think he is brainwashing our kids and taking the country away from them.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/MediaResources/PreparedSchoolRemarks/

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 on Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:56 pm

Thanks for sharing Bman.

10 to 1 says the Anti Christian Liberties Union tries to get the last line eliminated... Razz

Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:09 pm

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:Thanks for sharing Bman.

10 to 1 says the Anti Christian Liberties Union tries to get the last line eliminated... Razz

I call your skeptical and raise you a dollar as the fulcrum.

Back to top Go down

Post  Pez on Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:01 am

This is ridiculous by the right to come out like this... I cannot believe how far dividied our political opinion is... The president isnt brainwashing our kids, and more that the little mermaid, the teletibbies and the wiggles are... There is real work to be done and people are all up-in-arms about this...

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1979

Back to top Go down

Post  Fighter59 on Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:51 am

Because children give a rat's rear end what politicans have to say. Rolling Eyes

Adults turn the channel when he speaks. . .

Get them when they're young! Evil or Very Mad
Fighter59
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Male
Number of posts : 58

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next