The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Really? The Nobel Prize?

+4
LTRT
floridafun
Cincy Fan 44
Pez
8 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Really? The Nobel Prize? Empty Really? The Nobel Prize?

Post  Pez Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:12 am

I'm not sure how I feel about Obama deserving the Nobel Peace prize... Let the wild rumpus start....

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1979

Back to top Go down

Really? The Nobel Prize? Empty Re: Really? The Nobel Prize?

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:15 am

Congratulations! Really? The Nobel Prize? 795451
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:26 am

yeah he was barely in office. but he had already started reaching out to those shunned by american politicians for years.

of course i am proud of him for being the recipiant!
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:08 am

The world is a more peaceful place today than it was one year ago, that is a true statement.

The United States is more widely respected and revered around the world today than it was one year ago.

Our Allies are getting back on board with us and the enemies know that.

Just heard this on the news on Tuesday night, that the last several years under Bush we were the 7th. most admired country in the world, this year we regained the top spot. Pretty impressive.

I will leave this thread to the Obama bashers ... obviously they will cry and whine and lie here.

Have at it boys ...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:20 am

Bman wrote:Pretty impressive.

I will leave this thread to the Obama bashers ... obviously they will cry and whine and lie here.

Have at it boys ...

Surprise, surprise....another far-left whacko wins. Is he going to a have a beer with Carter? Really? The Nobel Prize? Icon_twisted
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:28 am

Bman wrote:The United States is more widely respected and revered around the world today than it was one year ago.

Respected and BROKE, what a concept. Really? The Nobel Prize? Icon_rolleyes

I'm sure the 60k people that stood in lines in Detroit for "Obamamoney" could care less about the country being respected.
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:41 am

LTRT wrote:
Bman wrote:Pretty impressive.

Have at it boys ...

Surprise, surprise....another far-left whacko wins. Is he going to a have a beer with Carter? Really? The Nobel Prize? Icon_twisted

We all have things we need to come to terms with. LTRT, needs to come to terms with the fact that our President is worthy of his respect. OTOH, I need to come to terms with the notion that LTRT does not make statements like this merely to provoke virulent discussion. He's completely serious!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:51 am

I think it's good that the international community is giving President Obama and the rest of the USA a "cheers". This is good feedback. It gives me the feeling that because I voted for Obama, supporting his approach, part of this prize belongs to all of us.

Afterall, maybe our country is more than Oil, Money, and Guns ...and paranoid fear ...and wagging the dog ...and playing God ...and scratching backs.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:12 am

meta4 wrote:We all have things we need to come to terms with. LTRT, needs to come to terms with the fact that our President is worthy of his respect. OTOH, I need to come to terms with the notion that LTRT does not make statements like this merely to provoke virulent discussion. He's completely serious!

And the President should respect all people of the US, not just those who voted for him and those on the left side of the political spectrum.
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:39 am

Pretty impressive given that the nominations have to be submitted by February 1st, 2009. They must have been soooooooooo impressed with his first 2 wks in office. Rolling Eyes

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5j1_QF_M_HvZAOpRa9UGcm5CbA-1gD9B7HDR80

An award that generates as much interest as the Nobel Peace Prize is bound to be surrounded by myths. Geir Lundestad, secretary of the secretive committee that awards the prize, outlines for The Associated Press some of the most common misunderstandings:

_ Myth: The awards committee announces a shortlist of candidates.

The committee does not release the names of any candidates and keeps records sealed for 50 years.

_ Myth: A campaign for a particular candidate can sway the awards committee.

A campaign could have the exact opposite effect on the fiercely independent committee, which does not want to appear influenced by public pressure.

_ Myth: Candidates can be nominated until the last minute.

The nomination deadline is eight months before the announcement, with a strictly enforced deadline of Feb. 1.
_ Myth: Anyone can nominate a person or group for the Peace Prize.

No, although Nobel statutes on who can nominate were slightly broadened in 2003. They now include former laureates; current and former members of the committee and their staff; members of national governments and legislatures; university professors of law, theology, social sciences, history and philosophy; leaders of peace research and foreign affairs institutes; and members of international courts of law.
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:43 am

Question in my mind is whether this will make him/us (the USA) appear more populist or does the world community look at this as a nod to the majority of our democracy?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:51 am

Analysis: He won, but for what?
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091009/ap_on_go_pr_wh/us_obama_nobel_analysis_1

And what about peace? Obama is running two wars in the Muslim world � in Iraq and Afghanistan � and can't get a climate change bill through his own Congress.

Shamwow...

The Nobel committee, it seems, had the audacity to hope that he'll eventually produce a record worthy of its prize.
Really? The Nobel Prize? Lol
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:59 am

The committee just got a tingle down their respective legs, that's all. Laughing
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:24 am

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:The committee just got a tingle down their respective legs, that's all. Laughing

Kroman? is that you?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:24 am

LTRT wrote:
meta4 wrote:We all have things we need to come to terms with. LTRT, needs to come to terms with the fact that our President is worthy of his respect. OTOH, I need to come to terms with the notion that LTRT does not make statements like this merely to provoke virulent discussion. He's completely serious!

And the President should respect all people of the US, not just those who voted for him and those on the left side of the political spectrum.

Pls share with me how Obama has DISrepected you? Please, is he disrespecting you by not implementing policy that he was elected to reverse? Obama is treating you better than George W did to his opposition. I wish Obama would just RAM national single payer healthcare down the throats of people like you.

As for the Feb. 1st. deadline, Obama has campaigned for over two years on what he was going to do worldwide, his speech in Berlin laid this out perfectly. He alerted the world a new Sheriff was in America now.

This has to taste like shit to you guys ... first you lost the Presidency to a liberal, an African American President and now he become a Nobel Lauret!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:41 am

Bman wrote:I wish Obama would just RAM national single payer healthcare down the throats of people like you.

And this would be what ALL Americans want? Have another latte..........
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:47 am

LTRT wrote:
Bman wrote:I wish Obama would just RAM national single payer healthcare down the throats of people like you.

Did all Americans want George Bush to give the rich tax cuts? Did all Americans want the US to launch a first strike against Iraq? Did all Americans want George Bush to push a Constitutional ban on gay marriage. Please, no policy ever has ALL Americans behind. Did all Americans agree with George Bush's stem cell policy?

Pls ... go firetruckin' cry me a river ... YOU LOST. Enjoy your come to Jesus moment ... YOU LOST. Enjoy being a minority ... speaking of which why don't you spew your poison on AWB.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:48 am

LTRT wrote:

I personally don't want to see that. But Health care reform is a good idea, and it will happen.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:53 am

Bman wrote:Did all Americans want George Bush to give the rich tax cuts? Did all Americans want the US to launch a first strike against Iraq? Did all Americans want George Bush to push a Constitutional ban on gay marriage. Please, no policy ever has ALL Americans behind. Did all Americans agree with George Bush's stem cell policy?

Sorry but I'm guessing YOUR check increased as well.

Do you libs have ANY argument besides blaming Bush? Have you booked your ticket to Oslo yet?
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:58 am

LTRT wrote:
Bman wrote:Did all Americans want George Bush to give the rich tax cuts? Did all Americans want the US to launch a first strike against Iraq? Did all Americans want George Bush to push a Constitutional ban on gay marriage. Please, no policy ever has ALL Americans behind. Did all Americans agree with George Bush's stem cell policy?

Sorry but I'm guessing YOUR check increased as well.

Do you libs have ANY argument besides blaming Bush? Have you booked your ticket to Oslo yet?

Where the hell did I blame Bush? I cited examples of where he got his way on controversial policy that you must have supported because you were silent. Now that you lost it seems like you are going to cry and whine about everything and DEMAND that Obama only do stuff that "ALL" Americans agree with, you did not give firetruckin' SHIT if what Bush did was what ALL Americans wanted.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Pez Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:01 pm

I don't recall blaming Bush for Obama winning the nobel peace prize... in the GSOT, it's really nothing... I think there are likely more deserving people than a guy that's only been On the job 9 mos... I think the thread title even identifies that I have a certain amount of skepticism about the award...

You certainly seem to be reluctant to support anything that Obama does, and you would likely complain about the way he brushes his teeth in the morning, saying that that bizarre counter-clockwise motion is what is driving this country to hell in a handbasket.

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1979

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:22 pm

Pez wrote:I don't recall blaming Bush for Obama winning the nobel peace prize... in the GSOT, it's really nothing... I think there are likely more deserving people than a guy that's only been On the job 9 mos... I think the thread title even identifies that I have a certain amount of skepticism about the award...

You certainly seem to be reluctant to support anything that Obama does, and you would likely complain about the way he brushes his teeth in the morning, saying that that bizarre counter-clockwise motion is what is driving this country to hell in a handbasket.

Exactly, but that won't convince all the moonbats.
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:28 pm

LTRT wrote:
Pez wrote:I don't recall blaming Bush for Obama winning the nobel peace prize... in the GSOT, it's really nothing... I think there are likely more deserving people than a guy that's only been On the job 9 mos... I think the thread title even identifies that I have a certain amount of skepticism about the award...

Exactly, but that won't convince all the moonbats I will never support anything Obama does.

Corrected for you LTRT
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:58 pm

I think Pez's title fits well, except I might have gone for something a little stronger than "Really?". This "prize" is laughable. I was watching one of the moning show (Good Morning America?) about the gasps from the audience when his name was announced. This kind of voting could be applied to sports too. Just talk big at the beginning of the year and you might win MVP.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:19 pm

You think youve seen this town clear through.
Well, well, well, you can never tell.
Nothin here that could intrest you. well, well, well, you can never tell.
Its not because you missed out on the thing that we had to start.

Maybe you had too much too fast. maybe you had too much too fast.
Or just over played your part.

Nothin shakin on shakedown street. used to be the heart of town.
Dont tell me this town aint got no heart. you just gotta poke around.

Since Im passing your way today. well, well, well, you can never tell.
I just stopped in cause I want to say, well, well, well, you can never tell.
I recall your darkness when it crackled like a thundercloud.

Dont tell me this town aint got no heart.
When I can hear it beat out loud!

Nothin shakin on shakedown street. used to be the heart of town.
Dont tell me this town aint got no heart. you just gotta poke around.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next