The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jobless rate rises in 29 states

3 posters

Go down

Jobless rate rises in 29 states Empty Jobless rate rises in 29 states

Post  LTRT Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:28 pm

Jobless rate rises in 29 states
http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Investing/Dispatch/market-dispatches.aspx?post=1392768&_blg=1,1392768

I suppose a covering a book tour is more important. Jobless rate rises in 29 states 839550
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Jobless rate rises in 29 states Empty Re: Jobless rate rises in 29 states

Post  Pez Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:35 pm

Jail time for those without health insurance... I call BS... They jail people for tax evasion.

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1979

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:40 pm

jailing those without health insurance? i didnt see anything in the article about that.

but on jailing those who refuse to carry health insurance according to the new healthcare under consideration...those with a lower income will get the amount they must pay adjusted to an affordable amount is my understanding. lets say under 25k for individual 50k for a couple is the line. those who make a more robust income wont qualify for that. nobody qualifies for it now but i bet most who make 25k do have insurance, i think at this point almost everyone who works has insurance even if grudgingly..but it will be worse when it only changes by charging for the lower income plus offers a menue of options you can choose from? of course they dont go to jail now for it. what i think is..anyone who signs a waiver that they WILL NOT seek any med care they do not have cash in hand to pay for...shouldnt have to carry it and no penalty. no er, no po' folk free clinics..no nuttin except cash in hand to pay for whatever they have done. and if their child gets cancer or their wife develops ms, too frickin bad if they cant afford care. they can die or just keep getting worse. oops thats fine unless its somebody you or i love and we cant raise the cash for their treatments, right?? soooo thus the threat of fine and jail time. i suspect jail time will be extremely rare. think they want to taint healthcare with sticking folks in jail?? i doubt it.
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:51 pm

covering a book tour is more important than covering job losses??? ya dont watch much news...because its been heavily discussed on all the stations i have watched for months, and has been discussed by obama in pretty much every address or meeting that i have seen..actually since BEFORE the actual nov election its attracted quite alot of attention. no automagical cure announced by O yet? well that bastard..impeach him!

news flash..as bad as it was in the 80's? as in 70's? i keep hearing other general dates. and i survived each of the dips, seems so did all here..they were scarey times. they did NOT coincide with near-collapses internationally on the scale of this one which obama inherited and has been working on. as the neocons and teabaggers and repubs keep screaming NO NO NO. no matter what. from obama? NO NO NO!!

just because everyone isnt screaming their hair is on fire and communism is the new rule of law doesnt mean it isnt being recognized or mean it isnt being reviewed and trying to get worked on by the admin. oh they didnt give you a 10-step program guaranteeing job health success nationally? damn them! they should just hand everything over to the reaganites..cause that has worked so well for us!
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:59 pm

Whatever you say...

Let it known that from this day forward all truth concerning this nation's economy will come from you. Have a nice weekend.
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:00 pm

[slams fist for no good reason]

Dammit! Now what am I gonna bitch about all weekend?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Pez Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:04 pm

floridafun wrote:covering a book tour is more important than covering job losses??? ya dont watch much news...because its been heavily discussed on all the stations i have watched for months, and has been discussed by obama in pretty much every address or meeting that i have seen..actually since BEFORE the actual nov election its attracted quite alot of attention. no automagical cure announced by O yet? well that bastard..impeach him!

news flash..as bad as it was in the 80's? as in 70's? i keep hearing other general dates. and i survived each of the dips, seems so did all here..they were scarey times. they did NOT coincide with near-collapses internationally on the scale of this one which obama inherited and has been working on. as the neocons and teabaggers and repubs keep screaming NO NO NO. no matter what. from obama? NO NO NO!!

just because everyone isnt screaming their hair is on fire and communism is the new rule of law doesnt mean it isnt being recognized or mean it isnt being reviewed and trying to get worked on by the admin. oh they didnt give you a 10-step program guaranteeing job health success nationally? damn them! they should just hand everything over to the reaganites..cause that has worked so well for us!

wait... maybe this is the post of the week Jobless rate rises in 29 states 795451

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1979

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:39 pm

Pez wrote:wait... maybe this is the post of the week Jobless rate rises in 29 states 795451

You have got to be kidding...

House Attacks Fed, Treasury
Panel Votes for Tighter Political Rein on Central Bank; Some Call for Geithner to Quit
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB125864421370955721.html?mod=WSJ_hpp_LEFTTopStories

Although several Democrats defended Mr. Geithner at the hearing, some liberal Democrats have been complaining that the Obama administration isn't doing enough to combat unemployment. Rep. Peter DeFazio (D., Ore.) called on Mr. Geithner to resign this week, and said in an interview that Mr. Geithner is too close to Wall Street.

"Quite frankly, all the gambling on Wall Street is doing nothing to put people back to work in America and rebuild our economy," the Oregon Democrat said.

Of course you won't hear about this from our resident truth detectors. Whadda know, it's not from Foxnews. Rolling Eyes
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:29 pm

there has been noise about geithner not being the man for the job since before he actually was approved for it. not all dems have been for geithner all along. so?

who would you say would have handled it better? hmmmm glenn beck? joe wilson? ronnie reagan? sarah?

pete also recently said he is now ashamed he voted for obama. i never expected all dems to march in lockstep with whatever goes on under obama admin.
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:17 pm

fyi on the jobs thing..in the past 13 years i have had 3 jobs. hard for my little pride because i like working, have done so most of my life since i was 16, and liked to always assume i would be at a place until i found something new i wanted to do. then i was downsized from 1 job with 500 other people. i was downsized from the next one because they lost their biggest contract which 300 of us worked. i was terminated from the last one because all our actual work was sent to costa rico over a 2-3 year period, and the bit of work they occupied us with for the past year and a half was shut down in indiana and transferred to illinois to their home base.

never lost a job because i was lazy, a poor performer, had missed-time or other occurances, wasnt a team player, never because i didnt work independently in a responsible and reliable way, never had write-ups etc. at each i was one of the last of the people let go.

during that same period i watched the local job market carefully. about half of each year during most of this time frame, most of the jobs in the paper were for nudie bars, E-1, sales/telemarketing, etc. sometimes the temp agencies would take applications..and sometimes you got lucky and got hired somewhere. alot of times places had freezes on applications--or took aps altho they werent hiring, so they would have some potentials if needed, alot of places downsized by offering retirements to older employees and didnt re-fill the positions. sometimes you just didnt find work. i know people who did quite well in good office jobs and are now at meijer or bk or a mall job. yeah its work, better than nothing. just not where i ever woulda thought i or they would be. ever since the enron thing i have watched places tighten their belts and slim their numbers and see people lose work or have hours cut.

i have sent or hand-delivered boatloads of resumes during these times..had more than a few places tell me they had recieved at least several hundred, but would keep mine for if a slot came open. i have only twice in my whole life interviewed for a job and not been hired immediately, and those were during the time frame i reference.

so pardon me if i am unable to think the whole jobs issue swooped in on us all of a sudden since obama came into office.
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:20 pm

Comparing Reagan to Geither? Are you kidding me? I don't know why you defend a tax cheater who answers questions in front of congress just as well as attorney general holder.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down