The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Those pesky Iranians

4 posters

Go down

Those pesky Iranians Empty Those pesky Iranians

Post  Pez Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:10 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/8425704.stm

Um... we have this document that says you are trying to build a nuclear weapon?

Lies! All Damn Lies I tell you...

I wonder the extent to which the protest inside Iran is able to modify the Iranian political scene? Does Joe Iranian believe Amadenijad (I know I butchered it) is looking out for their interests? Will Joe Iranian six pack ever hear a comment like MA's comment that Iran is a lot like the United States except Iranians have more freedom?

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1979

Back to top Go down

Those pesky Iranians Empty Re: Those pesky Iranians

Post  floridafun Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:55 am

yeah, they have so much freedom, except for the gays..cause they have all been killed and they dont have any..THATS a western thing Those pesky Iranians Drunken_smilie

i think joe the iranian has been making his thoughts known for several months now. wonder if we will ever know how many have been killed in all his demonstrations..

and poor MA has gotta be given credit..we all know that gotcha main stream media is chock fulla lies day in and day out..
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooby01_98 Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:28 pm

Wow, going for higher grade uranium (i.e. weapons quality). I thought it was only for power plants. Forget about Iraqi troop withdrawal, just move them the next country over.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100209/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iran_nuclear
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1642

http://www.nola.com

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:55 pm

I thought the Boss was supposed to have coffee and donuts with Mahmoud?
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Pez Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:38 am

Obama did the right thing here. By his metaphorical 'coffee and donuts' with Iran (the meetings were not direct), the Administration extended an olive branch in a way that has never been done before. The extent to which we invited Iran to get on the bus paved the way for us to be much more hard-line now. Further, the sanctions we are now pushing for are viewed in a different light, specifically because the Obama administration undertook an unprecedented effort to get Iran to the table.

I know that one world view is that we should not have asked Iran to the table, but we did, and though it was unsuccessful, the US is in a position where we can exert pressure on Iran without the world community screaming that we need to give diplomacy a chance.

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooby01_98 Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:22 am

Pez wrote:Obama did the right thing here. By his metaphorical 'coffee and donuts' with Iran (the meetings were not direct), the Administration extended an olive branch in a way that has never been done before. The extent to which we invited Iran to get on the bus paved the way for us to be much more hard-line now. Further, the sanctions we are now pushing for are viewed in a different light, specifically because the Obama administration undertook an unprecedented effort to get Iran to the table.

I know that one world view is that we should not have asked Iran to the table, but we did, and though it was unsuccessful, the US is in a position where we can exert pressure on Iran without the world community screaming that we need to give diplomacy a chance.

Actually I had nothing against the olive branch as long as it wasn't the President himself meeting with Iran's leaders. It was more of the utopia the media and left wing nuts was thinking was going to happen with Obama in office. Iran under the Khomeini rule will always be a threat to peace in the middle east. The unrest is/was there in the Iranian population to get rid of that government (just not sure if the resistance has been killed yet).
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1642

http://www.nola.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Pez Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:00 pm

Iran said today that a nuclear deal was Still on the table... These guys are insane. If the CIA is behind the scenes creating insurgencies in sovereign nations, I hope they are doing it with Iran.

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Pez Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:06 pm

The EU stated yesterday that they are on board with the UN and support a 4th set of sanctions.

I don't like where this is headed. Generally, a 4th set of sanctions has about as much chance of being effective as the first 3 sets of sanctions. However I dont see that there is anything the US can do aside from these sanctions. Even then I think Ahmahdinijad is just playing with the World community. He's a smart f'er, much smarter than Saddam.

So if the US cannot intervene with any actions stronger than sanctions, what other global body can do so? The EU? NATO?

M.A. obviously knows this, and can essentially do whatever the hell he wants. The world economy is wrecked, no one is going to have an appetite for anything besides sanctions... He can actually build a nuclear weapon, and there is no one that can stop him.

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Pez Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:09 pm

Here's what FARS has to say about MA's relations with the US:

Ahmadinejad Stresses Iran's Friendship with American People

TEHRAN (FNA)- Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad reiterated on Wednesday that despite the US statesmen's improper attitude and cruel treatment of the Iranian nation in the last few decades, Iran is still a friend of the American people.

"Nobody should think that we feel grudge for the American people because the US statesmen have oppressed the Iranian nation in consecutive decades (in the past)," Ahmadinejad said, addressing a gathering of Iranian ambassadors to foreign countries.

Empahasis added...

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Pez Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:21 pm

Iran will provoke Israel. Israel will end the Iranian nuclear program, and in doing so will grant the palestinians statehood.

Iran tested the Shahab-3 in September. With a range of 1250 miles, the shahab-3 can easily reach Israel. Western Iran is 650 Miles from Tel Aviv.

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum