Divisional round picks

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Divisional round picks

Post  Pez on Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:51 pm

ok... so my 2-2 finish was just enough to squeak by and stay alive... Here's my thoughts On the divisionals:

Chargers 35
Jets 10
The Chargers will wax the Jets at home, LT will run the ball on them and it will never be close...

Colts 21
Ravens 13
A relatively low scoring affair, our defense will be give ground to the run, but our offense will build a lead and force Baltimore to throw. Freeney and Mathis will lick their chops before feasting on Flacco.

Cowboys 28
Vikings 35
This is a tough pick, I think the Vikings can clobber the cowboys by scoring early and often, but Dallas was firing on all cylinders when they walked over the Eagles. I may switch this.

Cards 36
Saints 10
The Saints carry no momentum into the playoffs. After doing their level best to hand the top NFC seed to the Vikings, their defense will be owned by Waqrner and Fitzy...

What does everyone else think?

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1979
Location : Ft Wayne

Back to top Go down

Re: Divisional round picks

Post  Scooby01_98 on Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:11 pm

Going 3 out of 4 last weekend I still see upsets this weekend.

SD 31
Jets 24
Jets have nothing to loose could get lucky with their defense and run game.

Ravens 27
Indy 24
Ravens beating the scumbag Irsay team that slithered out of Maryland under the cover of darkness.

Cowboys 24
Vikings 27
Just hate the Cowboys and Jerry Jones more than Brett Farve.

Saints 34
Ari 24
Saints better corners, better RB's, better TE, equal receivers. Saints pass rush will be hampered by the loss of Charles Grant though.
avatar
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1642
Location : The Fort

http://www.nola.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Divisional round picks

Post  Cincy Fan 44 on Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:49 pm

Scooby01_98 wrote:
Ravens 27
Indy 24
Former Cleveland Browns Ravens beating the scumbag Irsay team that slithered out of Maryland under the cover of darkness.
Fixed. Wink
I think you're right though on this one. Ravens are looking really good right now!

_________________
Life...what a great choice.
avatar
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852
Location : Wherever you can gird your loins

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Divisional round picks

Post  Pez on Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:35 pm

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:
Scooby01_98 wrote:
Ravens 27
Indy 24
Former Cleveland Browns Ravens beating the scumbag Irsay team that slithered out of Maryland under the cover of darkness.
Fixed. Wink
I think you're right though on this one. Ravens are looking really good right now!

Holy crap guys, I just got a call from 1986, they want their whiny bitches back...

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1979
Location : Ft Wayne

Back to top Go down

Re: Divisional round picks

Post  Scooby01_98 on Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:44 pm

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:
Scooby01_98 wrote:
Ravens 27
Indy 24
Former Cleveland Browns Ravens beating the scumbag Irsay team that slithered out of Maryland under the cover of darkness.
Fixed. Wink
I think you're right though on this one. Ravens are looking really good right now!

Unlike the scumbag colts, the browns got to keep their name, records. Also Modell is no longer the owner of the Ravens.

No way should the Indy Colts be able to claim Johnny Unitas, Jim Parker, Art Donovan, Lenny Moore, Gino Marchetti, Raymond Berry, Weeb Eubank as their HOF players.

NFL needs to come up with a no move policy on franchises.
avatar
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1642
Location : The Fort

http://www.nola.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Divisional round picks

Post  Pez on Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:11 pm

Scooby01_98 wrote:
Cincy Fan 44 wrote:
Scooby01_98 wrote:
Ravens 27
Indy 24
Former Cleveland Browns Ravens beating the scumbag Irsay team that slithered out of Maryland under the cover of darkness.
Fixed. Wink
I think you're right though on this one. Ravens are looking really good right now!

Unlike the scumbag colts, the browns got to keep their name, records. Also Modell is no longer the owner of the Ravens.

No way should the Indy Colts be able to claim Johnny Unitas, Jim Parker, Art Donovan, Lenny Moore, Gino Marchetti, Raymond Berry, Weeb Eubank as their HOF players.

NFL needs to come up with a no move policy on franchises.

The Unitas memorial biz was In Baltimore, not Indy... they even forbade Peyton mannning from wearing the black shoes. I seem to think that in the eyes of the NFL, Johnny Unitas played for the Browns err... ravens, err.. Didnt play for Indy... Hell the Baltimore socreboard typically lists teams by their name, with the exception of the Colts, which they list as "Indy."

The NFL and Baltimore is clearly sending a message that those Players belong to baltimore, they just happened to wear a uniform that looked like the same one the guys In Indianapolis wear.

Football is a business, will always be a business... If Baltimore wanted the Colts they should have done more to keep them.

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1979
Location : Ft Wayne

Back to top Go down

Re: Divisional round picks

Post  Scooby01_98 on Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:19 pm

Pez wrote:
Scooby01_98 wrote:
Cincy Fan 44 wrote:
Scooby01_98 wrote:
Ravens 27
Indy 24
Former Cleveland Browns Ravens beating the scumbag Irsay team that slithered out of Maryland under the cover of darkness.
Fixed. Wink
I think you're right though on this one. Ravens are looking really good right now!

Unlike the scumbag colts, the browns got to keep their name, records. Also Modell is no longer the owner of the Ravens.

No way should the Indy Colts be able to claim Johnny Unitas, Jim Parker, Art Donovan, Lenny Moore, Gino Marchetti, Raymond Berry, Weeb Eubank as their HOF players.

NFL needs to come up with a no move policy on franchises.

The Unitas memorial biz was In Baltimore, not Indy... they even forbade Peyton mannning from wearing the black shoes. I seem to think that in the eyes of the NFL, Johnny Unitas played for the Browns err... ravens, err.. Didnt play for Indy... Hell the Baltimore socreboard typically lists teams by their name, with the exception of the Colts, which they list as "Indy."

The NFL and Baltimore is clearly sending a message that those Players belong to baltimore, they just happened to wear a uniform that looked like the same one the guys In Indianapolis wear.

Football is a business, will always be a business... If Baltimore wanted the Colts they should have done more to keep them.

HMMM under the NFL own run website it lists those players as the Indy colts.

http://www.nflteamhistory.com/nfl_teams/indianapolis_colts/hall_of_famers.html

Not under the baltimore franchise.

And if Indy was any time of a city, the NFL would have put an expansion team there. Instead it just helped a POS owner.

Face it Irsay and the Colts are scum!!!
avatar
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1642
Location : The Fort

http://www.nola.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Divisional round picks

Post  Pez on Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:45 pm

Oh please... the Mayflower Irsay is dead... the current Irsay is the kind of guy that fired Johnson for having pot in his car to the detriment of the Colts' season. The Colts are the Boy Scouts of the NFL...

Oh btw, the Link you sent has the following disclaimer:

"SOME OF THE INFORMATION ON THIS SITE IS OBTAINED FROM NFL.COM,
WHO IS IN NO WAY AFFILIATED WITH NFLTEAMHISTORY.com "

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1979
Location : Ft Wayne

Back to top Go down

Re: Divisional round picks

Post  Pez on Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:54 pm

the offical NFL HOF site lists Johnny U as follows:

http://www.profootballhof.com/hof/member.aspx?PlayerId=219

I dont see any Indianapolis team mentioned. I'm pretty sure that he is only on the Colts ring of Honor because of his importance to the game of football, and anytime Baltimore wanted to accept what is their history, I'm sure the Colts would allow that to happen. The fact that Baltimore refuses to do so is puzzling to me. There would be interesting overlap tho, especially in the case of someone like Ted Marchibroda...

Ummm... the Colts gave Edgerrin James a superbowl ring. Considering at the time that he played for the Arizona cardinals I think it was a pretty decent gesture, not one that scum would be inclined to do. Just sayin man. The Patriots are scum, the Colts rock...

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1979
Location : Ft Wayne

Back to top Go down

Re: Divisional round picks

Post  LTRT on Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:56 pm

Scooby01_98 wrote:HMMM under the NFL own run website it lists those players as the Indy colts.

http://www.nflteamhistory.com/nfl_teams/indianapolis_colts/hall_of_famers.html

Not under the baltimore franchise.

That's just plain wrong...

This is the first time I've ever seen that. Not that this Cowboy fan would go research anything about the Dolts. Smile
avatar
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Re: Divisional round picks

Post  Scooby01_98 on Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:22 pm

Pez wrote:Oh please... the Mayflower Irsay is dead.

Apple.....tree does not fall far from it.
avatar
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1642
Location : The Fort

http://www.nola.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Divisional round picks

Post  Markwes on Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:18 pm

Ravens 24
Indy 20

Chargers 30
Jets 13

Cowboys 28
Vikings 27

Saints 35
Cardinals 27

Heh
avatar
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096
Age : 52
Location : asylum

Back to top Go down

Re: Divisional round picks

Post  Pez on Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:52 pm

I ended up with about the same picks... pretty good aside from your obvious reverse homerism. You had bigger spreads, and picked Dallas over the vikings... I Just think the fire goes out for the Cowtards.

NO 28
AZ 21

IND 24
BAL 21

MIN 24
DAL 21

SD 28
NYJ 21...

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1979
Location : Ft Wayne

Back to top Go down

Re: Divisional round picks

Post  LTRT on Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:25 pm

Pez wrote:...I Just think the fire goes out for the Cowtards.

For that comment the Ravens should now easily blow by the Dolts!

How 'bout them Cowboys! Smile
avatar
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Re: Divisional round picks

Post  IrishGuy on Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:28 pm

LTRT wrote:
Pez wrote:...I Just think the fire goes out for the Cowtards.

For that comment the Ravens should now easily blow by the Dolts!

How 'bout them Cowboys! Smile

How 'bout rooting for them before their 16 year post-season win hiatus?
avatar
IrishGuy
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1511
Location : Fort Wayne

Back to top Go down

Re: Divisional round picks

Post  LTRT on Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:30 pm

IrishGuy wrote:
LTRT wrote:
Pez wrote:...I Just think the fire goes out for the Cowtards.

For that comment the Ravens should now easily blow by the Dolts!

How 'bout them Cowboys! Smile

How 'bout rooting for them before their 16 year post-season win hiatus?

I've been a Dallas fan since the days of "Dandy" Don Meredith.
avatar
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Re: Divisional round picks

Post  IrishGuy on Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:43 pm

LTRT wrote:
IrishGuy wrote:
LTRT wrote:
Pez wrote:...I Just think the fire goes out for the Cowtards.

For that comment the Ravens should now easily blow by the Dolts!

How 'bout them Cowboys! Smile

How 'bout rooting for them before their 16 year post-season win hiatus?

I've been a Dallas fan since the days of "Dandy" Don Meredith.

Don't worry, last year all 5 Cardinals fans admitted to it. This year the Jets fans have opened up. clown
avatar
IrishGuy
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1511
Location : Fort Wayne

Back to top Go down

Re: Divisional round picks

Post  Cincy Fan 44 on Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:04 pm

IrishGuy wrote:
LTRT wrote:
IrishGuy wrote:
LTRT wrote:
Pez wrote:...I Just think the fire goes out for the Cowtards.

For that comment the Ravens should now easily blow by the Dolts!

How 'bout them Cowboys! Smile

How 'bout rooting for them before their 16 year post-season win hiatus?

I've been a Dallas fan since the days of "Dandy" Don Meredith.

Don't worry, last year all 5 Cardinals fans admitted to it. This year the Jets fans have opened up. clown

LOL...just don't give me any shit next year when I'm crowin' about how well my Bengals are doing! Razz

_________________
Life...what a great choice.
avatar
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852
Location : Wherever you can gird your loins

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Divisional round picks

Post  Pez on Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:08 am

Markwes wrote:Ravens 24
Indy 20

Chargers 30
Jets 13

Cowboys 28
Vikings 27

Saints 35
Cardinals 27

Heh

1-3... pretty good try man... I think Indianapolis should steal the Bears now...

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1979
Location : Ft Wayne

Back to top Go down

Re: Divisional round picks

Post  Pez on Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:10 am

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:
Scooby01_98 wrote:
Ravens 27
Indy 24
Former Cleveland Browns Ravens beating the scumbag Irsay team that slithered out of Maryland under the cover of darkness.
Fixed. Wink
I think you're right though on this one. Ravens are looking really good right now!

Wow... yea, that almost happened... except the part where the Ravens forgot to score touchdowns, or more than 1 field goal, or for Ray Rice to Rush for more than 70 yards...

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1979
Location : Ft Wayne

Back to top Go down

Re: Divisional round picks

Post  Pez on Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:10 am

LTRT wrote:
Pez wrote:...I Just think the fire goes out for the Cowtards.

For that comment the Ravens should now easily blow by the Dolts!

How 'bout them Cowboys! Smile

Cowtards!

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1979
Location : Ft Wayne

Back to top Go down

Re: Divisional round picks

Post  LTRT on Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:02 pm

Pez wrote:
LTRT wrote:
Pez wrote:...I Just think the fire goes out for the Cowtards.

For that comment the Ravens should now easily blow by the Dolts!

How 'bout them Cowboys! Smile

Cowtards!

blah, blah, blah, looks like they forgot to show up also. Mad
avatar
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Re: Divisional round picks

Post  Markwes on Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:14 pm

Pez wrote:
Markwes wrote:Ravens 24
Indy 20

Chargers 30
Jets 13

Cowboys 28
Vikings 27

Saints 35
Cardinals 27

Heh

1-3... pretty good try man... I think Indianapolis should steal the Bears now...
Hey there, I could be CBSSports.com analyst with records like that.
avatar
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096
Age : 52
Location : asylum

Back to top Go down

Re: Divisional round picks

Post  Pez on Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:17 pm

I did my best to insult every colts hater here... who else wants some?

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1979
Location : Ft Wayne

Back to top Go down

Re: Divisional round picks

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum