The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sarah joins FOX News

5 posters

Go down

Sarah joins FOX News Empty Sarah joins FOX News

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:26 pm

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/01/11/palin-join-fox-news-contributor/

2008 Republican vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin is joining Fox News as a contributor, the news channel announced Monday.

The former Alaska governor, whose book, Going Rogue: An American Life, became a bestseller weeks before it was released and remains No. 2 on the New York Times bestseller list, has signed a multi-year deal to offer her political commentary and analysis across all Fox News platforms, including Fox Business Channel, FoxNews.com and Fox News Radio.

She will also participate in special event political programming for Fox Broadcasting.

"I am thrilled to be joining the great talent and management team at Fox News. It's wonderful to be part of a place that so values fair and balanced news," Palin said in a written release.

Palin will also host periodic episodes of Fox News Channel's "Real American Stories," a series exploring inspirational real-life tales of overcoming adversity throughout the American landscape that will debut in 2010.

"Governor Palin has captivated everyone on both sides of the political spectrum and we are excited to add her dynamic voice to the FOX News lineup," said Bill Shine, executive vice president of programming.

Prior to joining Sen. John McCain on the 2008 presidential ticket, Palin was the first woman to serve as governor of Alaska, taking the oath in 2006. As governor, she worked on improving resource development, education, health and transportation and infrastructure development.

Prior to holding the office of governor, Palin served two terms on the Wasilla City Council in Alaska as well as two terms as the mayor and manager of Wasilla, and worked as an oil and gas industry regulator.

Owned by News Corp, Fox News Channel is a 24-hour general news service covering breaking news as well as political, entertainment and business news, and has been the most-watched cable news channel in the country for eight years running. It features the top 13 programs in cable news and can be seen in more than 90 million homes.

Well, I think she'll at least be popular on the channel and the audience they seek. At any rate, it's a ratings-grabber for FOX. You either love her or hate her, which is a good step to being popular (i.e. Rush, Hannity, Olberman, Mathews et al), so her fans will tune in, and her haters will tune in too...donchaknow! Wink
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Sarah joins FOX News Empty Re: Sarah joins FOX News

Post  Scooby01_98 Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:41 pm

If it keeps her off the Republican Ticket I'm all for it.

Wonder what MSNBC host she is going to smoke in the ratings.
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1642

http://www.nola.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Pez Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:10 am

Interesting... I didnt realize she was also a Journalist.

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1979

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:23 pm

I'm not sure what to make of this. I could understand the move if she was looking to get name recognition, but she surely doesn't need that.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Pez Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:42 pm

Markwes wrote:I'm not sure what to make of this. I could understand the move if she was looking to get name recognition, but she surely doesn't need that.

Maybe she realizes she will never be president, so she's going after Rush's money... She'll never be governor again after bailing from her post. I'm with you Markwes, I'm not sure what to make of this.

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Pez Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:26 pm

Anyone seen her on Fox yet? Is it as bad as I think it will be? Does she have enough space on her hands to remember what she's supposed to say?

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:04 pm

Pez wrote:Anyone seen her on Fox yet? Is it as bad as I think it will be? Does she have enough space on her hands to remember what she's supposed to say?
Haven't seen her yet, but I don't think she has as much space as Barry does on his prompters...
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Pez Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:22 am

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:
Pez wrote:Anyone seen her on Fox yet? Is it as bad as I think it will be? Does she have enough space on her hands to remember what she's supposed to say?
Haven't seen her yet, but I don't think she has as much space as Barry does on his prompters...

When all you say is how great it is to be an American and Happy Birthday Ronald Reagan, you dont need much space.

I'm trying to figure out where all the teleprompter stuff came from. Sure, Palin would no longer dare have a teleprompter, but she did have written remarks, in addition to what was written on her hand... as if no republican ever had a speech writer.

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooby01_98 Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:00 am

I think the teleprompter harassment came into play when he needed it to address a group of 6th graders.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/01/26/obama-teleprompter-sixth-grade-video_n_436406.html

And how he stumbles when he doesn't have one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omHUsRTYFAU
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1642

http://www.nola.com

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:02 pm

i watched sarah twice on fox. they gently lead her into whatever the right answer is any time they ask a question. every comment of discussion starts with "you dont thing.....do you" you agree that....dont you"
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down