The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Could Ted Kennedy's seat really become Republican?

+2
Markwes
Scooby01_98
6 posters

Go down

Could Ted Kennedy's seat really become Republican? Empty Could Ted Kennedy's seat really become Republican?

Post  Scooby01_98 Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:31 pm

Looks like the MA dems are looking for every trick in the book. They must really be worried that State Senator Brown (R) has a chance of winning. What a slap in the face. Obama's buddy Gov. Duval can't get the support for a guaranteed victory. No wonder Obama wants healthcare rushed through before that 60 vote majority disappears.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100113/ap_on_el_se/us_kennedy_successor_delay
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1642

http://www.nola.com

Back to top Go down

Could Ted Kennedy's seat really become Republican? Empty Re: Could Ted Kennedy's seat really become Republican?

Post  Markwes Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:49 pm

I loved this answer from Brown.

At the Massachusetts Senate debate held on Monday moderator David Gergen, CNN senior political analyst and a professor of communication at the Harvard Kennedy School, asked Republican candidate Scott Brown whether he'd be willing to "sit in Teddy Kennedy's seat and [say] I'm going to be the person who's going to block it [liberal health care policy] for another 15 years."

Brown, refusing to take for granted Gergen's blatantly left-wing premises, responded instead: "Well, with all due respect it's not the Kennedys' seat, and it's not the Democrats' seat, it's the people's seat."

http://politicom.moldova.org/news/scott-brown-its-not-ted-kennedys-seat-its-the-peoples-seat-205395-eng.html
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Could Ted Kennedy's seat really become Republican? Empty Re: Could Ted Kennedy's seat really become Republican?

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:10 pm

That's a GREAT answer! One I wish more congress-people would remember.
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:18 pm

Scooby01_98 wrote:Looks like the MA dems are looking for every trick in the book. They must really be worried that State Senator Brown (R) has a chance of winning. What a slap in the face. Obama's buddy Gov. Duval can't get the support for a guaranteed victory. No wonder Obama wants healthcare rushed through before that 60 vote majority disappears.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100113/ap_on_el_se/us_kennedy_successor_delay

Seating Mass. Senate winner could be delayed
http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D9D72N2O0&show_article=1

So we're going to have another Minnesota fiasco, eh? I'm sure Stuart Smalley is giving them good counsel.
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooby01_98 Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:22 pm

Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooby01_98 Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:38 am

Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  sliptap Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:44 pm

man, I'm loving this. The pickup truck is a perfect touch
sliptap
sliptap
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Male
Number of posts : 77

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:38 pm

FOX News is reporting Brown has won! A referendum on the Dems??? YUP! I think a bunch of democrats in congress right now better take pictures of their seats, 'cause come 2011, that will be the only way they see them.
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:22 am

I'm pretty sure Ted is rolling over in his grave tonight... Laughing
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooby01_98 Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:23 am

Congrats to Brown....

No super majority in the Senate.
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Pez Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:33 am

I have to admit this is pretty shocking, but it presents a 'slightly' better balance(?) in the legislature.

What I find interesting is that Brown is pro-choice, his campaign ads user the phrase "STOP SOCIALIZED HEALTHCARE" in an interse type over the Obama Joker picture... More succinctly, his stances and his lack of 'appropriate' messages would not necessarily make him the GOP darling that his circumstances have made him....

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1979

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooby01_98 Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:36 am

Pez wrote:I have to admit this is pretty shocking, but it presents a 'slightly' better balance(?) in the legislature.

What I find interesting is that Brown is pro-choice, his campaign ads user the phrase "STOP SOCIALIZED HEALTHCARE" in an interse type over the Obama Joker picture... More succinctly, his stances and his lack of 'appropriate' messages would not necessarily make him the GOP darling that his circumstances have made him....

I think more republicans are moderate than the ones that you always see on TV. His stance on abortion are more in line with me. I haven't seen the ad you speak of; are you sure it is his and not someone elses? I have followed his campaign pretty good since I used to live there. Lets face it you're not going to a be super conservative in MA or New England for that matter and I am glad there are moderate Republicans.

I find it interesting that almost immediately after the results Sen Webb and Sen Bayh have both said no more votes on healthcare until he is seated. Even Rep Barney Frank has stated it would be wrong to change the rules in the middle of the game for a work around and they may have to start over on healthcare.

I think it was the lack of transparency that Obama said he would have then didn't have with healthcare being his biggest meas culpa by bypassing the normal bill reconciliation and doing it strictly behind close doors.

Massachusetts started the first revolution to get our government, looks like they may have started the second revolution to get it back. And by back I mean the peoples seats need to start listening to the people.
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Pez Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:54 am

Scooby01_98 wrote:
Pez wrote:I have to admit this is pretty shocking, but it presents a 'slightly' better balance(?) in the legislature.

I think more republicans are moderate than the ones that you always see on TV. His stance on abortion are more in line with me. I haven't seen the ad you speak of; are you sure it is his and not someone elses? I have followed his campaign pretty good since I used to live there. Lets face it you're not going to a be super conservative in MA or New England for that matter and I am glad there are moderate Republicans.

I find it interesting that almost immediately after the results Sen Webb and Sen Bayh have both said no more votes on healthcare until he is seated. Even Rep Barney Frank has stated it would be wrong to change the rules in the middle of the game for a work around and they may have to start over on healthcare.

I think it was the lack of transparency that Obama said he would have then didn't have with healthcare being his biggest meas culpa by bypassing the normal bill reconciliation and doing it strictly behind close doors.

Massachusetts started the first revolution to get our government, looks like they may have started the second revolution to get it back. And by back I mean the peoples seats need to start listening to the people.

The same can be said of liberals. I have a friend that is, admittedly, prone to a least a small level of conspiracy theory. She suggests that the polarization of political thought is actually brought on by the media in an attempt to kill national political discourse. I sometimes see it. Your comment about moderates not really garnering any TV time made me think of that.

I think the lack of transparency was, to a degree, out of Obama's hands. At the end of the day he cant tell the house what to do. I would look more toward the shoulders of Nancy Pelosi for somewhere to place blame for the lack of transparency. I Guess Not just Pelosi, but all The democratic leadership in the legislature has so totally screwed themselves in their unwarranted hubris that they did nothing but assure their own downfall. All they had to do was their F'ing jobs.

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooby01_98 Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:30 pm

Pez wrote:
Scooby01_98 wrote:

The same can be said of liberals. I have a friend that is, admittedly, prone to a least a small level of conspiracy theory. She suggests that the polarization of political thought is actually brought on by the media in an attempt to kill national political discourse. I sometimes see it. Your comment about moderates not really garnering any TV time made me think of that.

I think the lack of transparency was, to a degree, out of Obama's hands. At the end of the day he cant tell the house what to do. I would look more toward the shoulders of Nancy Pelosi for somewhere to place blame for the lack of transparency. I Guess Not just Pelosi, but all The democratic leadership in the legislature has so totally screwed themselves in their unwarranted hubris that they did nothing but assure their own downfall. All they had to do was their F'ing jobs.

Obama is the head of the democratic party, he is the president. Pelosi and Reid could have went the normal route of reconciliation, they didn't and the president did nothing to stop it, matter of fact by holding meetings behind close doors with just the Dem leadership, he fostered that lack of transparency.
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Pez Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:57 pm

I didnt think the president was involved in such meetings...

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:31 pm

Pez wrote:I didnt think the president was involved in such meetings...
Not sure if he is directly involved in the meetings, but he made himself involved during his campaign by promising transparency, particularly when it came to healthcare reform. That was the one area where I almost bought into the whole "change" thing. I mean who would have the gall to say they will be broadcast on C-span, not we will try to get them broadcast on C-span, if he didn't really mean it?
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooby01_98 Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:33 pm

Pez wrote:I didnt think the president was involved in such meetings...

I believe some of them were in the white house.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/75851-obama-seizes-reins-in-house-senate-healthcare-talks
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  sliptap Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:34 pm

Pez wrote:I think the lack of transparency was, to a degree, out of Obama's hands. At the end of the day he cant tell the house what to do. I would look more toward the shoulders of Nancy Pelosi for somewhere to place blame for the lack of transparency. I Guess Not just Pelosi, but all The democratic leadership in the legislature has so totally screwed themselves in their unwarranted hubris that they did nothing but assure their own downfall. All they had to do was their F'ing jobs.

Ding ding ding! Winner! cheers
sliptap
sliptap
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Male
Number of posts : 77

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down