The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Orleans Saints Super Bowl Champions!!!!

+5
Markwes
iberlingirl
LTRT
Aggie Transplant
Scooby01_98
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

New Orleans Saints Super Bowl Champions!!!! Empty New Orleans Saints Super Bowl Champions!!!!

Post  Scooby01_98 Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:50 pm

Who Dat...Who Dat...Who Dat gonna beat dem Saints.

The defense showed up!!! Brees got hot!!!

Last edited by Scooby01_98 on Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1642

http://www.nola.com

Back to top Go down

New Orleans Saints Super Bowl Champions!!!! Empty Re: New Orleans Saints Super Bowl Champions!!!!

Post  Aggie Transplant Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:51 pm

Amazing game. I was rooting for the Saints, but figured the Colts would win.

Aggie Transplant
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Female
Number of posts : 1124

Back to top Go down

New Orleans Saints Super Bowl Champions!!!! Empty Re: New Orleans Saints Super Bowl Champions!!!!

Post  LTRT Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:06 am

Saints 31
Colts 17

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

Awesome game, especially when Manning was picked off and the Saint defense DENIED him any chance of a comeback!

Somehow I reminded of the classic Hank Williams song: "There's a tear in my beer" Very Happy
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  iberlingirl Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:12 am

gagged
pale
iberlingirl
iberlingirl
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Female
Number of posts : 1185

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooby01_98 Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:43 am

iberlingirl wrote:gagged
pale

Come on join the Who Dat Nation!!
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:14 am

Who Dat!!!
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:22 am

Markwes wrote:Who Dat!!!
I believe they stole that from the Bengals and changed it from Who Dey...
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  IrishGuy Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:58 am

Brees was an absolute beast last night. That guy was on fire. The Saints coaching staff coached a hell of a game. The game obviously took a major swing in the second quarter when Garcon dropped the wide open 3rd down pass. Addai was very good also. I don't like picking last anyway.

...and anyone on this board that claims "Who Dat" can eat a bag of dicks. Where have you been all year? or the last few years?
IrishGuy
IrishGuy
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1511

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooby01_98 Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:27 am

IrishGuy wrote:Brees was an absolute beast last night. That guy was on fire. The Saints coaching staff coached a hell of a game. The game obviously took a major swing in the second quarter when Garcon dropped the wide open 3rd down pass. Addai was very good also. I don't like picking last anyway.

...and anyone on this board that claims "Who Dat" can eat a bag of dicks. Where have you been all year? or the last few years?

Umm I used to live in New Orleans, I had season tickets to the Saints when I lived in New Orleans (although they were in the nose bleed section). My wife is a true blooded Cajun who was born and raised in New Orleans.

While the Chicago Bears is the team I grew up with and remain my main team. The teams from Louisiana have a soft spot in my heart and am a fan of the Saints. The New Orleans Voodoo ( Tom Benson bring back that team) arena football. New Orleans Zephyr triple A baseball (which is why I can't stand single A baseball). LSU Tigers. New Orleans Hornets (although I am not a fan of the NBA).
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  IrishGuy Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:11 am

Scooby01_98 wrote:
IrishGuy wrote:Brees was an absolute beast last night. That guy was on fire. The Saints coaching staff coached a hell of a game. The game obviously took a major swing in the second quarter when Garcon dropped the wide open 3rd down pass. Addai was very good also. I don't like picking last anyway.

Umm I used to live in New Orleans, I had season tickets to the Saints when I lived in New Orleans (although they were in the nose bleed section). My wife is a true blooded Cajun who was born and raised in New Orleans.

While the Chicago Bears is the team I grew up with and remain my main team. The teams from Louisiana have a soft spot in my heart and am a fan of the Saints. The New Orleans Voodoo ( Tom Benson bring back that team) arena football. New Orleans Zephyr triple A baseball (which is why I can't stand single A baseball). LSU Tigers. New Orleans Hornets (although I am not a fan of the NBA).

That's fine, but I still stand by my statement. Where Wud Dat anytime before yesterday?
IrishGuy
IrishGuy
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooby01_98 Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:36 pm

IrishGuy wrote:
Scooby01_98 wrote:

That's fine, but I still stand by my statement. Where Wud Dat anytime before yesterday?

I have talked about the Saints this year so F U
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  IrishGuy Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:54 pm

Dude, I don't have a problem with the Saints, or their fans. I don't remember reading anything about the Saints on this board aside from simply picking winners. If you have long claimed your allegiance to the Saints, then I stand corrected.
IrishGuy
IrishGuy
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooby01_98 Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:30 pm

IrishGuy wrote:Dude, I don't have a problem with the Saints, or their fans. I don't remember reading anything about the Saints on this board aside from simply picking winners. If you have long claimed your allegiance to the Saints, then I stand corrected.

There are a lot of sports teams I follow and root for; they are not local so the interest is low or none. It does no good to post things if people are not interested in them.

I follow LSSU college hockey, but there doesn't seem to be many college hockey fans on the board (even when college teams play here in FTW). While Michigan is my college of choice in college sports, talking about LSU Tiger sports will draw crickets because it isn't watched locally or followed up here. I bring up Boise State; they kind of become my underdog team because of there conference and lack of respect, once again crickets chirp and are not seen much in the area on TV. So why post things if they only interest me.

Living over 10 years in the NOLA metropolitan area, having friends and family still living in the area. I have a grown attachment to the teams of Louisiana and other parts of the country that I have lived (well except for those CA teams), although having Mike Singletary as a coach of the 49er's I can at least tolerate them now.
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  SavoyTruffle Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:18 pm

I think it's cool the Saints won, but I was just happy to see Drew do so well. When I was at Purdue, he made going to the games much more enjoyable than they have been since. I remember leaving one game early, sure they were going to lose (and none too happy about it), and ended up missing an excellent comeback victory and the ensuing rushing of the field. To this day (or at least when I went to a game this past fall), the local credit union PEFCU still runs advertisements with Drew Brees - he can do no wrong in West Lafayette.

And given the Boilers probably won't have a decent football team for the foreseeable future, this was a nice consolation instead.
SavoyTruffle
SavoyTruffle
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Male
Number of posts : 174

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:24 pm

IrishGuy wrote:
Well, first of all, I don't really hold any special allegiance to the Saints, but like Savoy, I went to Purdue and saw many a game with Brees at QB. I often rooted for the Chargers when he was there too. And without getting too sappy, it really was badly needed for the city. Second, I didn't realize that we aren't permitted to choose a team to root for when our main team isn't in it. Sounds like sour apples there.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:25 pm

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:
Markwes wrote:Who Dat!!!
I believe they stole that from the Bengals and changed it from Who Dey...
Imagine that. And usually it's the Bengals doing the stealing. Razz
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Aggie Transplant Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:06 pm

I have followed the Saints ever since the Texans lost to them in the final game of the season a few years back in what we called the "Bush Bowl". We considered we ended up winners, as we won first draft rights that year. And then we picked Mario Williams and the Saints chose Reggie Bush. Sad

Not that Williams has been a bad player, but it was a shock at the time.

Aggie Transplant
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Female
Number of posts : 1124

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:13 pm

Markwes wrote:
IrishGuy wrote:
Sounds like sour apples there.

I wonder how long we'll have to hear about the loss and everyone's spin about it. Geesh, I'm strolling thru BB tonight around 8p and heard at least 5 different conversations going and the DJ's on the radio today were even worse.

I suppose they can still hang their heads high though, JCP has Colts gear at 80% off. Very Happy
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:26 pm

LTRT wrote:
Markwes wrote:
IrishGuy wrote:
Sounds like sour apples there.

I wonder how long we'll have to hear about the loss and everyone's spin about it. Geesh, I'm strolling thru BB tonight around 8p and heard at least 5 different conversations going and the DJ's on the radio today were even worse.

I suppose they can still hang their heads high though, JCP has Colts gear at 80% off. Very Happy
I actually saw a post on a sports website that claimed Favre's and Manning's interceptions were not accidents. I thought it was a joke at first but no.

I guess the NFL had a certain number of shirts printed up with "Colts - World Champions" on them that they are donating to Haiti. A nice gesture, but if I ever go there and see locals wearing Colts gear, I'll probably do a double take.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  IrishGuy Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:45 am

Markwes wrote:
IrishGuy wrote:
Well, first of all, I don't really hold any special allegiance to the Saints, but like Savoy, I went to Purdue and saw many a game with Brees at QB. I often rooted for the Chargers when he was there too. And without getting too sappy, it really was badly needed for the city. Second, I didn't realize that we aren't permitted to choose a team to root for when our main team isn't in it. Sounds like sour apples there.

Sheesh, thats not what I was saying. I don't care if anyone rooted for the Saints for the superbowl. It's just great to see the "fans" of the Saints in the aftermath.
IrishGuy
IrishGuy
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Pez Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:40 am

^^ This... eat a bag of dicks... Next time your team wins 16 of 19 games you can tell me the same silent

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1979

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:40 pm

IrishGuy wrote:
Markwes wrote:
IrishGuy wrote:

Sheesh, thats not what I was saying. I don't care if anyone rooted for the Saints for the superbowl. It's just great to see the "fans" of the Saints in the aftermath.
Since I was one of 2 posters who said "Who Dat", I understandably figured I was one of the ones being urged me to consume said bag. I just didn't think that simple 2-word post was worthy of being labeled a fan. Like I said, I was just happy to see Brees win. I know IU fans who were happy because of the Porter interception. It's not all about being a fan of the team.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  IrishGuy Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:04 am

ehh, you can still consume the bag just because you were rooting for the Saints. But that doesn't make me think differently of you or anyone else.
IrishGuy
IrishGuy
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Pez Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:31 am

hehe... this is cracking me up...

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1979

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:24 pm

all you non-Bengals fans can consume said bag for all I care... Razz
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next