The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can you believe the cuts?

5 posters

Go down

Can you believe the cuts? Empty Can you believe the cuts?

Post  Scooby01_98 Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:26 pm

The Chargers release LT, the Eagles release Westbrook, the Browns release Jamal Lewis.

Carolina not putting the franchise tag on Peppers. The Saints letting Sharper go in FA (although not official yet).

Westbrook to me is the biggest surprise.
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1642

http://www.nola.com

Back to top Go down

Can you believe the cuts? Empty Re: Can you believe the cuts?

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:44 pm

LT is the biggest surprise to me. I think he still has gas left in the tank. BW has had the concussions...so that wasn't too big of a surprise. Jamal Lewis just seems old to me.
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:16 am

I wonder if the LT cut was to free up some salary.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  IrishGuy Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:42 am

Running backs in the NFL have a career life of about 7 years, barring major injuries. They get through their rookie contract, and usually about half way or so thru their second one before production starts to drop. Unfortunately for them, when the production drops off, they are due to make around 7 million the next season due to back loaded contracts, incentive bonuses, roster bonuses, etc. LT was due a roster bonus of 2 million at the beginning of March, this was on top of his salary. Westbrook has been fighting injuries his whole career and last season he had a very significant neck injury. The Iggles are propably ready to move in another direction.

I think Joseph Addai is a free agent after next season. I wouldn't mind the Colts re-signing him, I just hope they don't empty the bank account doing it.
IrishGuy
IrishGuy
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1511

Back to top Go down

Post  Pez Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:13 am

LT had a fat couple million coming this year, and he doesnt really fit the Charger's offense anymore. Jamal Lewis is old(er), and he's got to be stoked to get away from the browns. Westbrook wasnt much of a surprise at all... he's entereing that stage of his career where it's likely he will be injured for more games than he plays (There's someone else like that... #21 I think)...

I totally think we should shop Bob Sanders sooner rather than later.

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1979

Back to top Go down

Post  IrishGuy Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:47 am

Pez wrote: (There's someone else like that... #21 I think)...T

I totally think we should shop Bob Sanders sooner rather than later.

Lightning will strike you very soon...

Realistically what would you expect to get for him? Given what he is, an often injured, former defensive player of the year safety. Remember, when a player is traded, his contract goes with him.

The Colts will bring him back next season, if he is injured more than he plays, then I say ship him or cut him. His salary for next season is not as high as the next couple (back loaded contract).
IrishGuy
IrishGuy
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1511

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down