The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Health Care WON'T cover kids with pre-existing conditions right away

+3
Pez
Scooby01_98
Cincy Fan 44
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Health Care WON'T cover kids with pre-existing conditions right away Empty Health Care WON'T cover kids with pre-existing conditions right away

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:15 pm

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/blogs/beltway-confidential/Whoops-ObamaCare-doesnt-cover-pre-existing-conditions-after-all-89007962.html

ObamaCare will not protect children with pre-existing health conditions from being denied health coverage -- not until 2014. This despite endless talking points and promises to the contrary, the Associated Press reports:

Under the new law, insurance companies still would be able to refuse new coverage to children because of a pre-existing medical problem, said Karen Lightfoot, spokeswoman for the House Energy and Commerce Committee, one of the main congressional panels that wrote the bill Obama signed into law Tuesday...

Full protection for children would not come until 2014, said Kate Cyrul, a spokeswoman for the Senate Health, Education, Labor and Pensions Committee, another panel that authored the legislation. That's the same year when insurance companies could no longer deny coverage to any person on account of health problems.

Obama's public statements have conveyed the impression that the new protections for kids were more sweeping and straightforward.

He hasn't just "conveyed the impression." He's said it outright, repeatedly. Sen. Dick Durbin, D-Ill., was saying it on television as recently as three hours ago. MSNBC's Joe Scarborough, while criticizing ObamaCare, was saying this morning that he's still glad it would allow his diabetic son to get insurance if he lost his job.

Sorry, but not so fast.

This, as Vice President Biden might say, is a big f***ing deal. It means that in their rush to pass the Senate version of ObamaCare on Christmas Eve, Democrats disarmed one of their main talking points in defense of the legislation for the rest of this year.

Damn...maybe if they had, you know, R-E-A-D the bill before signing it, or maybe if Obama had kept his promise of waiting 5 days to sign ANY bill, they would have caught this mistake.

Or maybe it wasn't a mistake at all? Maybe it's an example of Obama lying about it again trying to gain public support??? Probably just an oversight...I'm sure they'll fix it right away...TRUST THEM!
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Health Care WON'T cover kids with pre-existing conditions right away Empty Re: Health Care WON'T cover kids with pre-existing conditions right away

Post  Scooby01_98 Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:57 pm

I'm ready for the congress to pass the following law. Every bill has to be read in the full house and senate with all members in attendance that will vote on a bill. You don't attend, you don't get to vote on the bill. That goes for every bill, appropriations etc. It may slow down the process and things might move slower; But maybe they will learn what is in the bill before voting and it becoming law.
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1642

http://www.nola.com

Back to top Go down

Health Care WON'T cover kids with pre-existing conditions right away Empty Re: Health Care WON'T cover kids with pre-existing conditions right away

Post  Pez Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:36 am

This is news? You are acting as if Obama pulled a fast one here, when in fact even from my little uninformed corner of ther univers I knew there were benefits, even key benefits, that did not take effect until 2014.

The bill's purpose is the extend benefits to nearly all americans over the course of the next four years. Cons were frothing at the mouth a week ago that this bill was going to completely wreck America and now what are conservatives upset about, that it wont wreck it fast enough?

Republicans are marginalizing themselves further and further... John McCain says there will no longer be any cooperation going forward because the democrats used such a "scorched earth" approach to passing the bill, this after months and months of requiring a 2/3 majority for any and all legislation... So the honorable McCain thinks he can get political mileage by imagine us dumb enough to not pay attention.

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1979

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooby01_98 Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:18 pm

Pez wrote:This is news? You are acting as if Obama pulled a fast one here, when in fact even from my little uninformed corner of ther univers I knew there were benefits, even key benefits, that did not take effect until 2014.

It's news when the key people don't even know when things begin. It has been reported that this particular part of the bill took effect 6 months after signing. Key lawmakers stated it. The president stated it. Newspaper reported it. TV news reported it. Now it's just another lie by the dems.

Maybe they should have read the bill before voting on it!!!! Which is why we need a law forcing them to read their legislation before voting on it!!!
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:12 pm

Scooby01_98 wrote:
Pez wrote:This is news? You are acting as if Obama pulled a fast one here, when in fact even from my little uninformed corner of ther univers I knew there were benefits, even key benefits, that did not take effect until 2014.

It's news when the key people don't even know when things begin. It has been reported that this particular part of the bill took effect 6 months after signing. Key lawmakers stated it. The president stated it. Newspaper reported it. TV news reported it. Now it's just another lie by the dems.

Maybe they should have read the bill before voting on it!!!! Which is why we need a law forcing them to read their legislation before voting on it!!!

Pretty ironic that the boss has to go out on the campaign trail now and sell the bill. Just speeches, just words...

It'd be nice if all his hot air meant something, what happened to the focus on jobs? Just wait until all the large companies across the nation start laying off due to this idiotic piece of crap.
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Pez Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:44 pm

I'm trying to figure out how all these liberals were voted into congress in majority not seen in my lifetime if the majority of the public didnt want liberals to be in charge.

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooby01_98 Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:23 pm

Pez wrote:I'm trying to figure out how all these liberals were voted into congress in majority not seen in my lifetime if the majority of the public didnt want liberals to be in charge.

I think people actually believed in him and a bunch of dems got swept into congress in the Obama excitement. Followed by people tired of Bush and took the republicans out of office with him. And yes the republicans screwed up when they were in control of both the house and senate. However, remember the Dems took over the house in 2006 and economy has been in a down hill spiral ever since. You also never saw any major laws being passed by just Republicans voting for something during that time. They always had Dems voting for and co-sponsoring bills during that time. Which is now making Bush look more like a uniter of the country than what Obama preached during his campaign.
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Pez Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:42 pm

Scooby01_98 wrote:
Pez wrote:I'm trying to figure out how all these liberals were voted into congress in majority not seen in my lifetime if the majority of the public didnt want liberals to be in charge.

I think people actually believed in him and a bunch of dems got swept into congress in the Obama excitement. Followed by people tired of Bush and took the republicans out of office with him. And yes the republicans screwed up when they were in control of both the house and senate. However, remember the Dems took over the house in 2006 and economy has been in a down hill spiral ever since. You also never saw any major laws being passed by just Republicans voting for something during that time. They always had Dems voting for and co-sponsoring bills during that time. Which is now making Bush look more like a uniter of the country than what Obama preached during his campaign.

I unite, I'm the uniter. Trying to keep it a bit light.

You also didnt see the democrats forcing the republicans to have a filibuster proof majority to pass any legislation. At least not that I remember. Something I find telling is how difficult it is to find out what the public opinion is on healthcare. For every poll I read that says there is a majority of Americans against it, there Is another poll that has the opposite result.

From where I sit, it's the republican's underhanded and (frankly) cheap tactics that drove the democrats to pass the bill through reconciliation... We are still a representative democracy, and the efforts by the GOP to procedurally block the result of such representation will come back to bite them again in november. I'm not fond of Pelosi by any stretch, but I dont see her going anywhere soon.

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooby01_98 Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:11 pm

Other than healthcare I can't think of any bills they filibustered. The latest job bill had the Kentucky senator was just to make them follow there own rule of paygo (which I agree with by the way). However, that was recently passed with a lot of Republicans supporting it. The one Senator from Alabama did some federal judges, but that was done by the Dems under Bush also and is not a bill.

I'm not sure if the stimulus bill had a republican co sponsor but it did have republicans voting for it at the end. Sen. Graham is working with Sen Schumer on immigration reform (something I am totally against). I do believe tax and cap will probably have a filibuster in the future. Although I don't see tax and cap being brought up before the elections later this year.
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:50 pm

President mocks Republicans for acting is if bill is 'Armageddon'...
http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSN2522952320100325

Looking relaxed and upbeat, he mocked Republicans for acting as if the bill would lead to "Armageddon."

"After I signed the bill, I looked around to see if there were any asteroids falling, some cracks opening up in the earth," Obama said, adding it turned out to be a nice day and "birds were chirping, folks were strolling down the mall."

Nice one Barry, play politics as usual, real nice change you brought to DC, isn't is great to have a lying narcissist as our president. Rolling Eyes
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Pez Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:26 am

LTRT wrote:President mocks Republicans for acting is if bill is 'Armageddon'...

Looking relaxed and upbeat, he mocked Republicans for acting as if the bill would lead to "Armageddon."

"After I signed the bill, I looked around to see if there were any asteroids falling, some cracks opening up in the earth," Obama said, adding it turned out to be a nice day and "birds were chirping, folks were strolling down the mall."

Nice one Barry, play politics as usual, real nice change you brought to DC, isn't is great to have a lying narcissist as our president. Rolling Eyes

Lying and narcisstic like this, or some other way?

Health Care WON'T cover kids with pre-existing conditions right away BushGW-FlightSuit-3

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooby01_98 Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:03 am

Pez wrote:
LTRT wrote:President mocks Republicans for acting is if bill is 'Armageddon'...

Lying and narcisstic like this, or some other way?

Health Care WON'T cover kids with pre-existing conditions right away BushGW-FlightSuit-3

At least GWB served. People may not like the way he served but he did serve. Plus he flew jets. What is Obama's service record again? Oh thats right he is buddy with Ayers a member of the weather underground.
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Pez Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:22 am

ROFL... You gotta admit I owned LTRT on the lying narcissistic bit... Muaaaahahahahaha...

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooby01_98 Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:27 am

Pez wrote:ROFL... You gotta admit I owned LTRT on the lying narcissistic bit... Muaaaahahahahaha...

You have to admit GWB was a better saleman. After all he got bills passed with democratic co-sponsors and democratic votes. Now remind me again how many Republican votes did he get on healthcare...hmmm... Laughing
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Pez Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:32 am

And that is exactly the problem... instead of representing their constituents by working to improve the bill with their supposed ideology of fiscal conservatism, they decided to take their ball and go home. I may be a liberal, but I'm no hater. The conservatives in congress could have improved this bill, and it was their duty to do so... instead they decided to block it by political maneuvering, a game they lost and lost badly.

If they had recognized the inevitability of healthcare passing, they could have decided to represent their constituency, instead they decided to obstruct... and the net result is that those pesky liberals passed the bill they wanted to pass, without conservative influence, which would have undoubtedly improved the bill.

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:21 am

Pez wrote:And that is exactly the problem... instead of representing their constituents by working to improve the bill with their supposed ideology of fiscal conservatism, they decided to take their ball and go home. I may be a liberal, but I'm no hater. The conservatives in congress could have improved this bill, and it was their duty to do so... instead they decided to block it by political maneuvering, a game they lost and lost badly.

If they had recognized the inevitability of healthcare passing, they could have decided to represent their constituency, instead they decided to obstruct... and the net result is that those pesky liberals passed the bill they wanted to pass, without conservative influence, which would have undoubtedly improved the bill.

Looks like you've been sleeping for the past 6 mths. I guess all those attempts by the GOP to put forth new language and being told no by the dems was simply a figure of our imagination. And how quickly we forget about the refusal from the dems to allow any, did I mention any proposals from the right. And for you to suggest that the GOP used "political maneuvering", and not admit that the dems did anything otherwise is just plain hypocritical. So as you put it, the liberal way is my way or the highway huh? Remind me after the mid-terms about this post.
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Pez Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:25 am

LTRT wrote:
Pez wrote:And that is exactly the problem... instead of representing their constituents by working to improve the bill with their supposed ideology of fiscal conservatism, they decided to take their ball and go home. I may be a liberal, but I'm no hater. The conservatives in congress could have improved this bill, and it was their duty to do so... instead they decided to block it by political maneuvering, a game they lost and lost badly.

Looks like you've been sleeping for the past 6 mths. I guess all those attempts by the GOP to put forth new language and being told no by the dems was simply a figure of our imagination. And how quickly we forget about the refusal from the dems to allow any, did I mention any proposals from the right. And for you to suggest that the GOP used "political maneuvering", and not admit that the dems did anything otherwise is just plain hypocritical. So as you put it, the liberal way is my way or the highway huh? Remind me after the mid-terms about this post.

k

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:28 am

Pez wrote:ROFL... You gotta admit I owned LTRT on the lying narcissistic bit... Muaaaahahahahaha...

FAIL

Health Care WON'T cover kids with pre-existing conditions right away Grievancereport-3-1-1

Muaaaahahahahaha...
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Pez Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:41 am

Not bad, but not nearly as clever as mine. what the heck is hope and 'chage'?

Last edited by Pez on Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Pez Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:25 pm

LTRT wrote:

I didnt deny it at all, the democrats' hand was forced by the endless threat of filibuster. When the you ask the republicans how in insure more Americans and their proposals result in fewer Americans being insured, well, is it really any surprise?

Obama invited the GOP to post their comprehensive plan... "We will not be offering a comprehensive bill," said Don Stewart, a spokesman for Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.).

from LA times:
"House Minority Leader John A. Boehner (R-Ohio) and the minority whip, Rep. Eric Cantor (R-Va.), have asked the White House for an assurance that Obama is prepared to "start over." Administration officials have firmly rejected that."

It sux that the GOP made the mistake of not being willing to work with the democrats until they had already set the bridge on fire... When you ask someone how to get from point A to B and they respond by saying you really want to go to G, it's not cooperation, it's closing the door after the horse is out. The GOP underestimated the democrats and were made to look the fool.

Despite my more vocal liberal leanings, I'm really a centrist, and the GOP could have decided to do what is best for the country by using their influence to keep the far left in check, instead their hubris caused them to believe they could overcome a large democratic majority and defeat the bill entirely.

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:29 pm

so ltrt how the fuck did the health care reform bill include over a hundred ideas PROPOSED/REQUESTED by republicans if they were shunned and not allowed to discuss and contribute? i know how blissful you are..but if you go thru some of the older politics or hate-obama threads where as normal you were spewing your senseless hate-mongering lies and intentional misinformation regarding ANY FUCKING THING OBAMA OR ANY DEM DID OR DIDNT DO you would find numerous simple factual rebuttals. i have no reason to bother with your ignorant teabaggery hatefilled fearmongering blatant political idiocy generally, but your fantasy of the dems not allowing repub participation and not including them in discussions is simply, as most everything you say, bullshit.
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:33 pm

Nice to know you stay in line with the leftist mantra of ANY criticism of the current administration is hate speech. Rolling Eyes

Nice hate filled, foul mouthed post there granny, hope the grandkids weren't reading behind your back. Rolling Eyes
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:54 pm

FloridaFun...why is the president saying this bill will cover kids with pre-existing conditions within 6 months when it in fact the bill says it won't be until 2014?
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Pez Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:18 pm

floridafun wrote:so ltrt how the fuck did the health care reform bill include over a hundred ideas PROPOSED/REQUESTED by republicans if they were shunned and not allowed to discuss and contribute? i know how blissful you are..but if you go thru some of the older politics or hate-obama threads where as normal you were spewing your senseless hate-mongering lies and intentional misinformation regarding ANY FUCKING THING OBAMA OR ANY DEM DID OR DIDNT DO you would find numerous simple factual rebuttals. i have no reason to bother with your ignorant teabaggery hatefilled fearmongering blatant political idiocy generally, but your fantasy of the dems not allowing repub participation and not including them in discussions is simply, as most everything you say, bullshit.

Woa... punch him next time!

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooby01_98 Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:55 pm

Maybe they are representing there constituents that didn't want anything to do with federal government run health care. If you remember when this started in the senate Sen Grassly, Collins and one other were working with 3 dems on the senate bill. After a recess they basically weren't invited back. Lets not forget the closed door negotiations of just dems in the house. Maybe the dems are the one's that didn't listen to there constituents.

There were 40 republican amendments to the reconciliation bill in the senate, all of them shot down. (really do sexual predators need to have insurance to cover erectile problems?) Apparently the dems think they do.
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next