The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If you thought building a mosque at ground zero was bad...

3 posters

Go down

If you thought building a mosque at ground zero was bad... Empty If you thought building a mosque at ground zero was bad...

Post  SavoyTruffle Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:15 pm

How about protesters of said mosque mistaking two fellow Christian protesters as a Muslim simply because they're from Egypt? Whoopsy-daisy!
Rolling Eyes

http://www.salon.com/news/politics/war_room/2010/06/07/ground_zero_mosque_hate/index.html

NOTE: I do not endorse the one-sided slant of the dialog of the article (though I personally do not see what the big deal is by having a place of worship there), but what happened was pretty darn pathetic.
SavoyTruffle
SavoyTruffle
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Male
Number of posts : 174

Back to top Go down

If you thought building a mosque at ground zero was bad... Empty Re: If you thought building a mosque at ground zero was bad...

Post  floridafun Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:27 pm

saw that on news last nite and wondered if they will get an apology from the haters santa
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

If you thought building a mosque at ground zero was bad... Empty Re: If you thought building a mosque at ground zero was bad...

Post  Markwes Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:40 pm

SavoyTruffle wrote:How about protesters of said mosque mistaking two fellow Christian protesters as a Muslim simply because they're from Egypt? Whoopsy-daisy!
Rolling Eyes

http://www.salon.com/news/politics/war_room/2010/06/07/ground_zero_mosque_hate/index.html

NOTE: I do not endorse the one-sided slant of the dialog of the article (though I personally do not see what the big deal is by having a place of worship there), but what happened was pretty darn pathetic.
As you say, the article is quite one-sided. That basically means take it with a grain of salt. I certainly don't condone what the protesters did, but who knows what they have endured? Can everyone here guarantee that if they knew someone who was killed on 9-11 they would still show no anomosity toward people of Arab descent?

As far as whether the mosque should be allowed, I'm no expert, but I believe absolutely nothing has been allowed to be built. That would be my only beef if that's the case - why a mosque but no other development.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down