The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the supremes..kagan hearings

5 posters

Go down

the supremes..kagan hearings Empty the supremes..kagan hearings

Post  floridafun Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:47 pm

watching her answer questions on cspan today. i think she will do well and she is strong and smart.

and i will tell ya that al franken is so good! asked her opinion about the case regarding employees no longer being able to sue employees regardless of the discrimination or other issues...IF they signed an agreement where they agree to take any issues thru the company-chosen arbitrator (you dont get hired if you dont sign it most places). franken in his questions included the history and current situation very thoroughly. good job!
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

the supremes..kagan hearings Empty Re: the supremes..kagan hearings

Post  Markwes Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:01 pm

floridafun wrote:watching her answer questions on cspan today. i think she will do well and she is strong and smart.

and i will tell ya that al franken is so good! asked her opinion about the case regarding employees no longer being able to sue employees regardless of the discrimination or other issues...IF they signed an agreement where they agree to take any issues thru the company-chosen arbitrator (you dont get hired if you dont sign it most places). franken in his questions included the history and current situation very thoroughly. good job!
I agree that she seems very intelligent, and had some good answers. Let's hope she makes good decisions.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooby01_98 Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:05 am

Yes she will probably be confirmed, I just don't like her. Lack of judicial experience doesn't bother me, maybe we should actually have less former judges on the court. For me she just took the chicken shit way out of answering the military ban at the Harvard law school, with a bull shit answer. And yes for that she shouldn't be confirmed. Awful hard to say you will judge impartially when you have already discriminated at the place you were in charge of.

Maybe the next judge to go through the process, could we not have a Ivy league graduate. They Ivy leaguers probably have less "real world" experiences than a Big 10 or SEC law school graduate.
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1642

http://www.nola.com

Back to top Go down

Post  thejoker Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:40 pm

Scooby01_98 wrote:Yes she will probably be confirmed, I just don't like her. Lack of judicial experience doesn't bother me, maybe we should actually have less former judges on the court. For me she just took the chicken shit way out of answering the military ban at the Harvard law school, with a bull shit answer. And yes for that she shouldn't be confirmed. Awful hard to say you will judge impartially when you have already discriminated at the place you were in charge of.

Maybe the next judge to go through the process, could we not have a Ivy league graduate. They Ivy leaguers probably have less "real world" experiences than a Big 10 or SEC law school graduate.

but you think it is ok for the military to discriminate ... I see your logic!

thejoker
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Male
Number of posts : 43

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooby01_98 Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:02 pm

thejoker wrote:
but you think it is ok for the military to discriminate ... I see your logic!

The military doesn't discriminate. It follows the current law set by congress. And if don't as don't tell ends and congress says gays can serve openly, it will follow that law.
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:15 am

did she get confirmed or are they still debating this? between leaking oil wells, Reds victories, Palin saying "refudiate", and the NAACP firing a woman for racist remarks before they knew the whole story...it's a little tough to keep up.
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:53 pm

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:did she get confirmed or are they still debating this? between leaking oil wells, Reds victories, Palin saying "refudiate", and the NAACP firing a woman for racist remarks before they knew the whole story...it's a little tough to keep up.
I don't know. I was confirmed back in junior high. Oh, this is a different "confirmed" isn't it?
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:05 pm

Markwes wrote:
Cincy Fan 44 wrote:did she get confirmed or are they still debating this? between leaking oil wells, Reds victories, Palin saying "refudiate", and the NAACP firing a woman for racist remarks before they knew the whole story...it's a little tough to keep up.
I don't know. I was confirmed back in junior high. Oh, this is a different "confirmed" isn't it?
still have that humor bone I see... Laughing
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooby01_98 Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:59 am

I believe her nomination moved out of committee this week. Haven't heard when the full senate vote is.
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down