Obama Vacations: Do as I say, not as I do.

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Obama Vacations: Do as I say, not as I do.

Post  Cincy Fan 44 on Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:11 am

http://whitehouse.blogs.foxnews.com/2010/07/13/obama-heads-north-not-south-for-weekend-vacation/?test=latestnews

When President Obama sat among local officials at a snack bar in Pensacola, Florida last month, he emphasized that the Sunshine State's beaches were "open for business" and vowed to do everything his administration could to help those in the region. Well, maybe not everything. When the president and his family go away later this week for a mini-vacation, they'll be traveling almost 2,000 miles away from the oil spill, escaping the heat in Washington for the cooler weather up north at Mount Desert Island, Maine.

Yet the vacation spot being touted by Michelle Obama on Monday was the Gulf coast. During her first trip to the region after the oil spill, the first lady encouraged Americans to head down South and visit, emphasizing that "most of the coast is still open for business.” Mrs. Obama lamented that many are only seeing what has been reported in the media about the oil spill, and thus might not realize there are plenty of towns and beaches along the Gulf Coast that are awaiting tourists. “Most of these beaches are perfectly clean," she said.

When asked if the first family was making arrangements to vacation along the gulf beaches, especially after encouraging others to do so, White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs said no vacation plans had been changed.

Florida, with a coastline of over 1,200 miles, is one of the country's top tourist destinations and generates over $60 billion a year in taxable sales revenue. The state's tourism industry also employs over one million Floridians -- something that was not lost on the first lady. During her stop in Panama City Beach on Monday she said "folks here in Florida and across the Gulf Coast are still depending on visitors and tourist dollars to put food on their tables and to pay their mortgages and to send their kids to college." After a barefoot walk on the beach, the first lady helped Florida's tourism sales by indulging in a cup of chocolate ice cream at an ice cream shop. BP has already agreed to give Florida money for marketing and advertising campaigns that will focus on convincing travelers the state's beaches are safe.

Maine would mark the president's third vacation trip since the Deepwater Horizon oil rig exploded and sank into gulf waters, over 80 days ago. The first family spent Memorial Day weekend relaxing in Chicago and just three days after the crisis began, Mr. Obama traveled to Asheville, North Carolina for a weekend getaway with the first lady and indulged in a round of golf. Since then, the president has hit the links nine times since the beginning of the oil spill prompting the Republican National Committee to unveil a website Monday, "Golf or Gulf," questioning the president's dedication to the Gulf region. RNC Chairman Michael Steele has called on Mr. Obama to stop playing golf until the BP oil spill crisis has been fixed.

Well isn't that just spactacular! 1 Term and out for Barry! Can't wait to rescind my vote in November 2012. Unfortunately he seemed to be the lesser of the 2 turds in 2008. Not so sure that's the case anymore.

Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Obama Vacations: Do as I say, not as I do.

Post  Pez on Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:52 pm

Oh for crying out loud... thats so weak it's no even funny...

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1979

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooby01_98 on Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:50 pm

All I know is everyone complained about GWB and his vacations. Obama has beaten that already and not a peep.
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1642

http://www.nola.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 on Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:04 pm

Maybe if/when Michael Moore makes "Fahrenheit Obamacare", he'll include all of Obama's vacays in it...you think?

Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT on Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:05 am

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:Maybe if/when Michael Moore makes "Fahrenheit Obamacare", he'll include all of Obama's vacays in it...you think?

Hey quit complaining before someone calls you a racist. Twisted Evil Wink
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 on Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:24 am

LTRT wrote:
Cincy Fan 44 wrote:Maybe if/when Michael Moore makes "Fahrenheit Obamacare", he'll include all of Obama's vacays in it...you think?

Hey quit complaining before someone calls you a racist. Twisted Evil Wink
I guess I shouldn't mention Michelle's speech to the ACLU then... Razz

Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Pez on Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:47 am

Scooby01_98 wrote:All I know is everyone complained about GWB and his vacations. Obama has beaten that already and not a peep.

Everyone? I dont even recall his vacations... Obviously there is a peep or Cincy wouldnt have an article to quote...

The Golf or Gulf thing is hysterical... Lets get him some bags that he can defecate into so he can sit at his desk all day instead of getting up for 5 hours to play golf 4 times in a month.

There are real ways Obama is screwing up. Taking a vacation to Maine isn't one of them. You guys heading down to the gulf this year?

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT on Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:26 pm

Pez wrote:
Scooby01_98 wrote:All I know is everyone complained about GWB and his vacations. Obama has beaten that already and not a peep.

Everyone? I dont even recall his vacations... Obviously there is a peep or Cincy wouldnt have an article to quote...

The Golf or Gulf thing is hysterical... Lets get him some bags that he can defecate into so he can sit at his desk all day instead of getting up for 5 hours to play golf 4 times in a month.

There are real ways Obama is screwing up. Taking a vacation to Maine isn't one of them. You guys heading down to the gulf this year?

Okay, so let's give him a pass on the oil spill then.

How's the economy doing? Suspect

Homes Lost to Foreclosure Could Top 1 Million in 2010

Fed projects weaker growth, higher unemployment
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 on Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:28 pm

Pez wrote:There are real ways Obama is screwing up. Taking a vacation to Maine isn't one of them. You guys heading down to the gulf this year?
Not planning on heading to the Gulf for a vacation (actually going to Cleveland though for a few days), but then again, I'm not on national TV telling people they should come to the Gulf for their vacation either. Razz

Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Pez on Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:18 pm

LTRT wrote:
Pez wrote:

Okay, so let's give him a pass on the oil spill then.

How's the economy doing? Suspect

Homes Lost to Foreclosure Could Top 1 Million in 2010

Fed projects weaker growth, higher unemployment

I never said give him a pass... what exactly, exactly would you have had him do differently? Perhaps we should have federalized the cleanup, then you guys would be griping about the deficit... He assigned a top guy to oversee the cleanup in Thad Allen, and he likely should have done that earlier than he did... I will say this... The relief wells being drilled are not supposed to be done until August, and now BP is trying something else in the meatime that may actually work before that... are we men enough to give the administration (via Allen) any sort of credit for that?

The economy is doing what Obama said it would do, go through a long period of slow recovery, throughout which there is a risk that the economy will recede again.

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooby01_98 on Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:15 pm

Yep going down to NOLA around December, so the wife's side of the family can meet the new one.
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooby01_98 on Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:21 pm

Pez wrote:
I never said give him a pass... what exactly, exactly would you have had him do differently? Perhaps we should have federalized the cleanup, then you guys would be griping about the deficit... He assigned a top guy to oversee the cleanup in Thad Allen, and he likely should have done that earlier than he did... I will say this... The relief wells being drilled are not supposed to be done until August, and now BP is trying something else in the meatime that may actually work before that... are we men enough to give the administration (via Allen) any sort of credit for that?

The economy is doing what Obama said it would do, go through a long period of slow recovery, throughout which there is a risk that the economy will recede again.

I give BP the credit for the new cap. Government did nothing to fabricate it, install it. Matter a fact government slowed its process to make sure the oil head wouldn't leak somewhere farther down. Now you can look at that as good or bad (allow more oil to continue to gush or will create more of a problem).

Meanwhile Louisiana bought all the stone for the barrier island strategy to protect the wetlands. Government still not allowing that to proceed.
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  thejoker on Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:54 am

Scooby01_98 wrote:Yep going down to NOLA around December, so the wife's side of the family can meet the new one.

Think about staying and taking LTRT and Cincy with you. Razz

thejoker
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Male
Number of posts : 43

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooby01_98 on Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:44 pm

thejoker wrote:
Scooby01_98 wrote:Yep going down to NOLA around December, so the wife's side of the family can meet the new one.

Why would you care if I stayed there you don't live in Indiana. At least I'm not polluting Ohio like you with your hate.
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  thejoker on Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:05 pm

For LTRT:

Despite two wars and an economic collapse crowding his plate, Obama's taken comparatively little time off.

According to a tally kept by Mark Knoller, a CBS News reporter long recognized by the White House as authoritative on such matters, Obama has spent all or part of 65 days on vacation, including days at Camp David. At this point in his tenure, George W. Bush had logged 120 days. That included 13 trips to his Texas ranch.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100716/ap_on_go_pr_wh/us_obama

thejoker
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  thejoker on Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:06 pm

Scooby01_98 wrote:
thejoker wrote:

Why would you care if I stayed there you don't live in Indiana. At least I'm not polluting Ohio like you with your hate.

LOL ... you need a lesson on reading.

thejoker
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  thejoker on Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:48 pm

thejoker wrote:For LTRT:

Despite two wars and an economic collapse crowding his plate, Obama's taken comparatively little time off.

According to a tally kept by Mark Knoller, a CBS News reporter long recognized by the White House as authoritative on such matters, Obama has spent all or part of 65 days on vacation, including days at Camp David. At this point in his tenure, George W. Bush had logged 120 days. That included 13 trips to his Texas ranch.

chirp chirp chirp

thejoker
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT on Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:12 am

thejoker wrote:

chirp chirp chirp

Okay, now show me than comparisions for parties with the homies at the white house.
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooby01_98 on Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:18 am

thejoker wrote:

chirp chirp chirp

Yep Bush spent a lot of time at the White House West. I hardly call those strictly vacations.
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 on Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:27 am

Well lookie what we have here...

http://www.newsherald.com/news/vacation-85581-coast-washington.html

WASHINGTON — President Barack Obama is taking his own advice and taking his family to the Gulf Coast on vacation next month, something he and first lady Michelle Obama have been urging others to do to help the area's suffering economy.

The White House said the Obamas will visit an undisclosed section of Florida's coast the weekend of Aug. 14.

Obama has made four trips to the Gulf region, including an overnight stay, since an underwater well exploded in April and began spewing oil into the Gulf of Mexico. First lady Michelle Obama was scheduled to make her second visit the area on Friday.

On their trips to the region, both the president and Mrs. Obama have made a point of encouraging people to visit Gulf Coast beaches that are open and oil-free to help boost an area economy battered by the sharp decline in tourism that followed the spill.

"One of the best ways that fellow Americans can help is to come on down here and spend some money," Mrs. Obama said this month in Panama City Beach, where she strolled barefoot in the sand and bought a cup of chocolate ice cream.

Since the explosion that killed 11 workers, the Obamas — sometimes without daughters Malia and Sasha — have escaped Washington for brief vacations in Asheville, N.C., their home in Chicago, and Bar Harbor, Maine, last weekend.

The White House did not say where in Florida the Obamas would be spending their time.

But wherever the family ends up, it will just be three Obamas — the president, the first lady and 9-year-old Sasha — instead of the usual foursome. Sister Malia, 12, will be away at camp for the first time — also at a location not disclosed.

Probably feeling the pressure of FOX News, Rush, Hannity, and Beck to go there! Very Happy

Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  thejoker on Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:51 pm

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:Well lookie what we have here...

http://www.newsherald.com/news/vacation-85581-coast-washington.html

WASHINGTON — President Barack Obama is taking his own advice and taking his family to the Gulf Coast on vacation next month, something he and first lady Michelle Obama have been urging others to do to help the area's suffering economy.

The White House said the Obamas will visit an undisclosed section of Florida's coast the weekend of Aug. 14.

Obama has made four trips to the Gulf region, including an overnight stay, since an underwater well exploded in April and began spewing oil into the Gulf of Mexico. First lady Michelle Obama was scheduled to make her second visit the area on Friday.

On their trips to the region, both the president and Mrs. Obama have made a point of encouraging people to visit Gulf Coast beaches that are open and oil-free to help boost an area economy battered by the sharp decline in tourism that followed the spill.

"One of the best ways that fellow Americans can help is to come on down here and spend some money," Mrs. Obama said this month in Panama City Beach, where she strolled barefoot in the sand and bought a cup of chocolate ice cream.

Since the explosion that killed 11 workers, the Obamas — sometimes without daughters Malia and Sasha — have escaped Washington for brief vacations in Asheville, N.C., their home in Chicago, and Bar Harbor, Maine, last weekend.

The White House did not say where in Florida the Obamas would be spending their time.

But wherever the family ends up, it will just be three Obamas — the president, the first lady and 9-year-old Sasha — instead of the usual foursome. Sister Malia, 12, will be away at camp for the first time — also at a location not disclosed.

Probably feeling the pressure of FOX News, Rush, Hannity, and Beck to go there! Very Happy

Sounds like you want those types (Rush, Hannity, Beck and all) running the country ...

thejoker
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 on Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:41 pm

thejoker wrote:Sounds like you want those types (Rush, Hannity, Beck and all) running the country ...

That would be an EXCELLENT start! Very Happy (and it sure would be an improvement over Obama, Reid, and Pelosi)

Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  thejoker on Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:48 pm

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:
thejoker wrote:Sounds like you want those types (Rush, Hannity, Beck and all) running the country ...

That would be an EXCELLENT start! Very Happy (and it sure would be an improvement over Obama, Reid, and Pelosi)

Really .... LOL

You can have Glenn Beck, heck make him and Rush the top of your ticket. Beck can cry and lie and Rush can yell and get caught with illegal narcotics.

thejoker
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 on Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:55 pm

thejoker wrote:
Cincy Fan 44 wrote:

Really .... LOL

You can have Glenn Beck, heck make him and Rush the top of your ticket. Beck can cry and lie and Rush can yell and get caught with illegal narcotics.
I guaran-damn-tea ya they won't be bankrupting the country like the deceptocrats! Wink

Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  thejoker on Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:37 pm

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:
thejoker wrote:
Cincy Fan 44 wrote:

Really .... LOL

I guaran-damn-tea ya they won't be bankrupting the country like the deceptocrats! Wink

Reagan and Bush are still responsible for the largest share of this deficit, spend your energy at the right place, go protest these wars we are waging and wasting money on, that is bankrupting us, now taking care of our own.

thejoker
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next