The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How is a Video Game created by codes and functions?

3 posters

Go down

How is a Video Game created by codes and functions? Empty How is a Video Game created by codes and functions?

Post  sohel2010 Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:52 am

I am having THE hardest time wrapping my head around the idea that long strings of functions and codes, written in C++ and other computer languages, are able to create a video game... Can someone please describe to me how strings of codes are able to translate into a 3D environment in a video game??? Or even just a 3 dimensional object for that matter. I COMPLETELY do not understand how this works. Please help me conceptually understand how video game programming works. Thanks.

sohel2010
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Male
Number of posts : 2

Back to top Go down

How is a Video Game created by codes and functions? Empty Re: How is a Video Game created by codes and functions?

Post  Markwes Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:29 pm

I have done software development for years now, but not anything comparable to gaming. However, I think you have the basic concept - long strings of code. The programmer basically has to write each instruction, not much different than animation where the artist draws each sketch and then puts them together. I'm pretty sure that there are many developers involved in the making of a single game.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

How is a Video Game created by codes and functions? Empty Re: How is a Video Game created by codes and functions?

Post  daryy Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:18 am

I just wanted to thank you for posting this message about this and I hope it helps some of the others on the board as much as its helped me. Thanks!!!

daryy
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Male
Number of posts : 7

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down