The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GM restarts political donations

4 posters

Go down

GM restarts political donations Empty GM restarts political donations

Post  Scooby01_98 Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:58 pm

Just when I thought I might drive onto a GM lot to look at vehicles they go and do something else stupid. So the taxpayers own 60% of your company. So you owe what 50 some billion to the taxpayers. So instead of paying them back you instead give money to political causes. Anyone else find this stupid?

If you have so much money to give away GM; why don't you give some money to the states who's pension funds that had your pre bankruptcy bonds (i.e. money) stolen from them by you and the Obama administration. After all we taxpayers in those states will probably have to bailout those funds with more of our tax dollars due to your bad business practices.

http://www.journalgazette.net/article/20100806/NEWS03/308069971/1066/NEWS03

Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1642

http://www.nola.com

Back to top Go down

GM restarts political donations Empty Re: GM restarts political donations

Post  LTRT Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:44 pm

“We’ve always given to the Congressional Black Caucus Foundation as far back as anyone can remember,” said Greg Martin, GM spokesman.

So what. I guess that comment should settle all the commotion then. Rolling Eyes
Who was the idiot that made Greg spokesman?
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  thejoker Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:13 pm

LTRT wrote:
“We’ve always given to the Congressional Black Caucus Foundation as far back as anyone can remember,” said Greg Martin, GM spokesman.

So what. I guess that comment should settle all the commotion then. Rolling Eyes

Glad that's what set you off.

thejoker
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Male
Number of posts : 43

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:57 pm

thejoker wrote:
LTRT wrote:

Glad that's what set you off.

Take off your left sided glasses so you can intrepet the statement correctly.

“We’ve always given to the Congressional Black Caucus Foundation insert whomever as far back as anyone can remember,” said Greg Martin, GM spokesman.
The taxpayers own 60% of Gov't Motors now just in case you forgot.
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooby01_98 Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:11 am

Instead of starting another thread just add on to this one. So GM still owes the American taxpayers 33 billion dollars, but hey lets give the employees that put this company in bankruptcy and required it to give them 50 billion in taxpayers funds a bonus. More reasons I won't be going back to GM.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-02-10/gm-chrysler-salaried-workers-bonuses-said-to-reach-as-much-as-50-of-pay.html
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Pez Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:29 am

Scooby01_98 wrote:Instead of starting another thread just add on to this one. So GM still owes the American taxpayers 33 billion dollars, but hey lets give the employees that put this company in bankruptcy and required it to give them 50 billion in taxpayers funds a bonus. More reasons I won't be going back to GM.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-02-10/gm-chrysler-salaried-workers-bonuses-said-to-reach-as-much-as-50-of-pay.html

I agree with the sentiment here. Unfortunately, GM is (at least to a degree), stuck between a rock and hard place here. They cant retain or attract any sort of executive talent without some sort of bonus structure that is in line with other automakers ("in line" is something I have not researched). The argument can be made that without such talent, GM would have no prayer of paying the $33 billion back, creating a worse scenario than the PR disaster that this has already caused for them.

Is the right answer to throw the bastards out and let less skilled individuals prove themselves? Maybe...

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1979

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooby01_98 Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:50 pm

Pez wrote:
Scooby01_98 wrote:Instead of starting another thread just add on to this one. So GM still owes the American taxpayers 33 billion dollars, but hey lets give the employees that put this company in bankruptcy and required it to give them 50 billion in taxpayers funds a bonus. More reasons I won't be going back to GM.

I agree with the sentiment here. Unfortunately, GM is (at least to a degree), stuck between a rock and hard place here. They cant retain or attract any sort of executive talent without some sort of bonus structure that is in line with other automakers ("in line" is something I have not researched). The argument can be made that without such talent, GM would have no prayer of paying the $33 billion back, creating a worse scenario than the PR disaster that this has already caused for them.

Is the right answer to throw the bastards out and let less skilled individuals prove themselves? Maybe...

It is not just the executives, it is all the salaried workers. You mean to tell me in this economy they are not going to retain that secretary. I don't buy the unable to retain the top talent. You mean the top talent that designed cars, marketing that caused a company to fail. I don't think have to be worried about Ford hiring them, and the foreign brands wouldn't touch them with a 10' pole.

Ready to see GM finish failing. Any lost of product and jobs caused by GM failing will just mean Honda, Toyota, Ford expanding here in the US.

Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Pez Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:11 pm

GM is all this:

Asüna
Bedford
Buick
Cadillac
Chevrolet
Daewoo vehicles
GMC
GME
HSV
Holden
Hummer
Oldsmobile
Opel
Pontiac
Saturn
Vauxhall

And I'm not arguing one way or another, just saying that they will not be able to attract talent unless they pay for it.

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1979

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooby01_98 Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:29 pm

Pez wrote:GM is all this:

Asüna
Bedford
Buick
Cadillac
Chevrolet
Daewoo vehicles
GMC
GME
HSV
Holden
Hummer
Oldsmobile
Opel
Pontiac
Saturn
Vauxhall

And I'm not arguing one way or another, just saying that they will not be able to attract talent unless they pay for it.

A lot of those no longer exist. Hummer, Oldsmobile, Pontiac, Saturn definitely gone. I believe they have sold their interest in Holden and Daewoo. The other weird brands not sure about. Opel is their Europe division, Asuna I believe is their India division...no US jobs there.
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down