Just when you thought she couldnt get dumber, Palin delivers...

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Just when you thought she couldnt get dumber, Palin delivers...

Post  Pez on Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:56 am

"At a time when our country is dangerously in debt and looking for areas of federal spending to cut, I think we've found a good candidate for defunding. National Public Radio is a public institution that directly or indirectly exists because the taxpayers fund it," Palin wrote.

How do people that like Sarah Palin view somehow miss the fact that she is a complete and utter fool?

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1979
Location : Ft Wayne

Back to top Go down

Re: Just when you thought she couldnt get dumber, Palin delivers...

Post  awbinfortwayne on Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:24 pm

Isn't NPR fully or partially funded with taxpayer dollars???? Do you think Juan Williams should have been fired for expressing his personal viewpoint about being scared on a plane with people dressed like muslims????

If you like 13.7 trillion dollars in debt then maybe I can see your Palin slam. However, we are 13.7 trillion in debt and our country needs to get rid of. Cutting federal spending is one component of that and it has to start somewhere. Why not NPR???? It's obvious NPR expresses a liberal-left leaning viewpoint and can't be objective. Defund them. Give me a good reason why our tax dollars should support NPR. Or maybe you don't think NPR is supported by tax dollars. It's hard to tell with your vague comment.

Let George Soras and other hard-left liberals continue to fund NPR.

awbinfortwayne
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Male
Number of posts : 60
Location : FORT WAYNE!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Re: Just when you thought she couldnt get dumber, Palin delivers...

Post  Cincy Fan 44 on Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:13 pm

National
Progressive
Radio

Razz

_________________
Life...what a great choice.
avatar
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852
Location : Wherever you can gird your loins

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Just when you thought she couldnt get dumber, Palin delivers...

Post  Scooby01_98 on Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:58 pm

Juan Williams isn't going to be hurting for money now. He signed with Fox news.

NPR time has come and gone. Of course the liberals need to keep funding it with tax dollars. We all have seen how well Air America did trying to make a buck with there programing.
avatar
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1642
Location : The Fort

http://www.nola.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Just when you thought she couldnt get dumber, Palin delivers...

Post  Scooby01_98 on Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:01 pm

Sarah Palin would be good for one thing politically and that would be to replace Michael Steele as RNC chairman. I don't think she is electable but would be a great fund raiser for the GOP.
avatar
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1642
Location : The Fort

http://www.nola.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Just when you thought she couldnt get dumber, Palin delivers...

Post  Markwes on Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:28 pm

Pez wrote:"At a time when our country is dangerously in debt and looking for areas of federal spending to cut, I think we've found a good candidate for defunding. National Public Radio is a public institution that directly or indirectly exists because the taxpayers fund it," Palin wrote.

How do people that like Sarah Palin view somehow miss the fact that she is a complete and utter fool?
I guess I'm confused. This comment makes her a complete and utter fool?
avatar
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096
Age : 53
Location : asylum

Back to top Go down

Re: Just when you thought she couldnt get dumber, Palin delivers...

Post  Pez on Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:46 pm

Markwes wrote:
Pez wrote:"At a time when our country is dangerously in debt and looking for areas of federal spending to cut, I think we've found a good candidate for defunding. National Public Radio is a public institution that directly or indirectly exists because the taxpayers fund it," Palin wrote.

How do people that like Sarah Palin view somehow miss the fact that she is a complete and utter fool?
I guess I'm confused. This comment makes her a complete and utter fool?

NPR's operating budget is 167 million dollars. Of that $167 million, $3 million comes from the federal government. It will likely cost more to defuned it than it will save in the federal budget, and that $3 million will not affect NPR in any way whatsoever.

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1979
Location : Ft Wayne

Back to top Go down

Re: Just when you thought she couldnt get dumber, Palin delivers...

Post  Pez on Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:50 pm

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:National
Progressive
Radio

Razz


Yea, progress sucks.

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1979
Location : Ft Wayne

Back to top Go down

Re: Just when you thought she couldnt get dumber, Palin delivers...

Post  Markwes on Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:56 pm

Pez wrote:
Markwes wrote:
Pez wrote:"At a time when our country is dangerously in debt and looking for areas of federal spending to cut, I think we've found a good candidate for defunding. National Public Radio is a public institution that directly or indirectly exists because the taxpayers fund it," Palin wrote.

How do people that like Sarah Palin view somehow miss the fact that she is a complete and utter fool?
I guess I'm confused. This comment makes her a complete and utter fool?

NPR's operating budget is 167 million dollars. Of that $167 million, $3 million comes from the federal government. It will likely cost more to defuned it than it will save in the federal budget, and that $3 million will not affect NPR in any way whatsoever.
Thanks for the explanation. I honestly have never paid much attention to NPR or how it's funded. That said, I think "directly or indirectly" gives Sarah Palin a possible out. In doing a little research, I found one breakdown of NPR's funding, besides info given by NPR itself.

http://www.americanthinker.com/2010/10/how_public_is_nprs_funding.html

In the end, then, local NPR affiliates derive something like 41% of their funding from taxes, either directly or indirectly.
The bottom line, I would say, is that it's not as black and white as the 3% figure makes it appear.
avatar
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096
Age : 53
Location : asylum

Back to top Go down

Re: Just when you thought she couldnt get dumber, Palin delivers...

Post  awbinfortwayne on Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:22 pm

Pez wrote:
Cincy Fan 44 wrote:National
Progressive
Radio

Razz


Yea, progress sucks.

Obama's really making progress isn't he? If that's the measuring stick of progress then you are right.....progress sucks!

awbinfortwayne
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Male
Number of posts : 60
Location : FORT WAYNE!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Re: Just when you thought she couldnt get dumber, Palin delivers...

Post  awbinfortwayne on Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:23 pm

Markwes wrote:
Pez wrote:"At a time when our country is dangerously in debt and looking for areas of federal spending to cut, I think we've found a good candidate for defunding. National Public Radio is a public institution that directly or indirectly exists because the taxpayers fund it," Palin wrote.

How do people that like Sarah Palin view somehow miss the fact that she is a complete and utter fool?
I guess I'm confused. This comment makes her a complete and utter fool?

She just knows how to get under the lefties skin. They can't take it and they know they are going to get their ass kicked this election.

awbinfortwayne
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Male
Number of posts : 60
Location : FORT WAYNE!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Re: Just when you thought she couldnt get dumber, Palin delivers...

Post  Scooby01_98 on Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:56 am

Pez wrote:
Markwes wrote:
Pez wrote:"At a time when our country is dangerously in debt and looking for areas of federal spending to cut, I think we've found a good candidate for defunding. National Public Radio is a public institution that directly or indirectly exists because the taxpayers fund it," Palin wrote.

How do people that like Sarah Palin view somehow miss the fact that she is a complete and utter fool?
I guess I'm confused. This comment makes her a complete and utter fool?

NPR's operating budget is 167 million dollars. Of that $167 million, $3 million comes from the federal government. It will likely cost more to defuned it than it will save in the federal budget, and that $3 million will not affect NPR in any way whatsoever.

Please explain the cost in defunding this? 3 million is way low by the way.
avatar
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1642
Location : The Fort

http://www.nola.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Just when you thought she couldnt get dumber, Palin delivers...

Post  Pez on Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:50 am

Scooby01_98 wrote:
Pez wrote:
Markwes wrote:
Pez wrote:"At a time when our country is dangerously in debt and looking for areas of federal spending to cut, I think we've found a good candidate for defunding. National Public Radio is a public institution that directly or indirectly exists because the taxpayers fund it," Palin wrote.

How do people that like Sarah Palin view somehow miss the fact that she is a complete and utter fool?
I guess I'm confused. This comment makes her a complete and utter fool?

NPR's operating budget is 167 million dollars. Of that $167 million, $3 million comes from the federal government. It will likely cost more to defuned it than it will save in the federal budget, and that $3 million will not affect NPR in any way whatsoever.

Please explain the cost in defunding this? 3 million is way low by the way.

Salaries of the congress for the time spent discussing it, the salaries of the folks that write the bill, that print the bill, make the copies, the lawyers that review it, the conference committee that consolidates the bill, the salaries of the people that print that consolidated version, the lawyers that review it, the president that signs it, the lawyers who defend the obvious free speech challenge that such would cause... which would involve the judges, more lawyers, more printed materials...

NPR and other sources report that 2% of their funding is from the federal government. 167 * 0.02 = 3.34

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1979
Location : Ft Wayne

Back to top Go down

Re: Just when you thought she couldnt get dumber, Palin delivers...

Post  Pez on Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:57 am

awbinfortwayne wrote:
Pez wrote:
Cincy Fan 44 wrote:National
Progressive
Radio

Razz


Yea, progress sucks.

Obama's really making progress isn't he? If that's the measuring stick of progress then you are right.....progress sucks!

Thats clever, except for where it's not.

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1979
Location : Ft Wayne

Back to top Go down

Re: Just when you thought she couldnt get dumber, Palin delivers...

Post  Pez on Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:59 am

awbinfortwayne wrote:
Markwes wrote:
Pez wrote:"At a time when our country is dangerously in debt and looking for areas of federal spending to cut, I think we've found a good candidate for defunding. National Public Radio is a public institution that directly or indirectly exists because the taxpayers fund it," Palin wrote.

How do people that like Sarah Palin view somehow miss the fact that she is a complete and utter fool?
I guess I'm confused. This comment makes her a complete and utter fool?

She just knows how to get under the lefties skin. They can't take it and they know they are going to get their ass kicked this election.

Wow... how much time did you spend researching such a salient point?

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1979
Location : Ft Wayne

Back to top Go down

Re: Just when you thought she couldnt get dumber, Palin delivers...

Post  Scooby01_98 on Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:17 am

Pez wrote:
Scooby01_98 wrote:
Pez wrote:
Markwes wrote:
Pez wrote:"At a time when our country is dangerously in debt and looking for areas of federal spending to cut, I think we've found a good candidate for defunding. National Public Radio is a public institution that directly or indirectly exists because the taxpayers fund it," Palin wrote.

How do people that like Sarah Palin view somehow miss the fact that she is a complete and utter fool?
I guess I'm confused. This comment makes her a complete and utter fool?

NPR's operating budget is 167 million dollars. Of that $167 million, $3 million comes from the federal government. It will likely cost more to defuned it than it will save in the federal budget, and that $3 million will not affect NPR in any way whatsoever.

Please explain the cost in defunding this? 3 million is way low by the way.

Salaries of the congress for the time spent discussing it, the salaries of the folks that write the bill, that print the bill, make the copies, the lawyers that review it, the conference committee that consolidates the bill, the salaries of the people that print that consolidated version, the lawyers that review it, the president that signs it, the lawyers who defend the obvious free speech challenge that such would cause... which would involve the judges, more lawyers, more printed materials...

NPR and other sources report that 2% of their funding is from the federal government. 167 * 0.02 = 3.34

Or congress could just leave the funding out of the appropriations bill it falls under. Don't buy your hypothetical cost theory.

Really a free speech argument. Please show me how that would apply when everything they broadcast is available in other forms. Whether commercial radio, newsprint etc. Just keep stealing the taxpayers money there pez.

Of course they could just go on more fund raising drives. Let the liberals put there personal money where their mouths are if they want to support it.
avatar
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1642
Location : The Fort

http://www.nola.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Just when you thought she couldnt get dumber, Palin delivers...

Post  Pez on Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:04 am

Scooby01_98 wrote:
Or congress could just leave the funding out of the appropriations bill it falls under. Don't buy your hypothetical cost theory.

Really a free speech argument. Please show me how that would apply when everything they broadcast is available in other forms. Whether commercial radio, newsprint etc. Just keep stealing the taxpayers money there pez.

Of course they could just go on more fund raising drives. Let the liberals put there personal money where their mouths are if they want to support it.

Yea, surely if republicans were finally able to de-fund the CPB (as they have been trying to do since Nixon) they would most certainly do it quietly without any sort of grandstanding at all. No one will be upset when Sesame Street goes away either... Snuffleluffagas is clearly a symbol for gay marriage, Big Bird has no job, nor any visible means of financial support... obviously this is someone with a clear sense of entitlement. I think I remember him saying after Obama was elected that he didn't have to worry about payin' his mortgage no mo'. Dont even get me started on Hooper's store.

This American Life is not available in other forms. All Things considered is not available in other forms. Car Talk is not available in other forms...


Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1979
Location : Ft Wayne

Back to top Go down

Re: Just when you thought she couldnt get dumber, Palin delivers...

Post  Scooby01_98 on Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:22 am

Pez wrote:
Scooby01_98 wrote:
Or congress could just leave the funding out of the appropriations bill it falls under. Don't buy your hypothetical cost theory.

Really a free speech argument. Please show me how that would apply when everything they broadcast is available in other forms. Whether commercial radio, newsprint etc. Just keep stealing the taxpayers money there pez.

Of course they could just go on more fund raising drives. Let the liberals put there personal money where their mouths are if they want to support it.

Yea, surely if republicans were finally able to de-fund the CPB (as they have been trying to do since Nixon) they would most certainly do it quietly without any sort of grandstanding at all. No one will be upset when Sesame Street goes away either... Snuffleluffagas is clearly a symbol for gay marriage, Big Bird has no job, nor any visible means of financial support... obviously this is someone with a clear sense of entitlement. I think I remember him saying after Obama was elected that he didn't have to worry about payin' his mortgage no mo'. Dont even get me started on Hooper's store.

This American Life is not available in other forms. All Things considered is not available in other forms. Car Talk is not available in other forms...


Sesame street can stand on it's own. It has commercial viability and would turn a profit off of its marketing and toys.

Car talk might not be on around here other than NPR. But when I listen to it, it is not on NPR. Nor was it on a NPR station in Boston.

Also you can get American life by more than NPR radio, my wife listens to it by podcast.
avatar
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1642
Location : The Fort

http://www.nola.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Just when you thought she couldnt get dumber, Palin delivers...

Post  Pez on Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:39 am

Scooby01_98 wrote:
Sesame street can stand on it's own. It has commercial viability and would turn a profit off of its marketing and toys.

Car talk might not be on around here other than NPR. But when I listen to it, it is not on NPR. Nor was it on a NPR station in Boston.

Also you can get American life by more than NPR radio, my wife listens to it by podcast.

NPR budgets produce both shows, podcast or broadcast, no NPR, no TAL or cartalk.

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1979
Location : Ft Wayne

Back to top Go down

Re: Just when you thought she couldnt get dumber, Palin delivers...

Post  Scooby01_98 on Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:06 pm

Pez wrote:
Scooby01_98 wrote:
Sesame street can stand on it's own. It has commercial viability and would turn a profit off of its marketing and toys.

Car talk might not be on around here other than NPR. But when I listen to it, it is not on NPR. Nor was it on a NPR station in Boston.

Also you can get American life by more than NPR radio, my wife listens to it by podcast.

NPR budgets produce both shows, podcast or broadcast, no NPR, no TAL or cartalk.

Your really downplaying the viability of your programs. Car talk could make it commercially, Sesame street could make it commercially. If the other programs couldn't make it on there own, then maybe they should not be around if they couldn't make it on there own.

So you are being a little two faced here. NPR doesn't use that much taxpayers money, but yet couldn't survive without that little amount of taxpayers money. Which then leaves me to believe the taxpayers money is more than the measly amount you claim they get.
avatar
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1642
Location : The Fort

http://www.nola.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Just when you thought she couldnt get dumber, Palin delivers...

Post  Pez on Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:27 pm

I dont think I ever said that NPR would not survive. The problem is that there should be media that is free from commercial influence. My original point is was about Palin, and the fact that she is showing the level of her intelligence by suggesting that NPR be de-funded and as such that would end NPR.

These shows might be able to survive commercially, but they wont have to, because people pay money for them voluntarily.

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1979
Location : Ft Wayne

Back to top Go down

Re: Just when you thought she couldnt get dumber, Palin delivers...

Post  Scooby01_98 on Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:54 pm

Pez wrote:

These shows might be able to survive commercially, but they wont have to, because people pay money for them voluntarily.

Taxpayer money is not voluntarily. Pledge drives, fund raisers that is voluntarily not taxpayer tax dollars.
avatar
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1642
Location : The Fort

http://www.nola.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Just when you thought she couldnt get dumber, Palin delivers...

Post  Pez on Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:57 pm

yup... that's exactly what I meant. The majority of NPR's funding comes from listeners. NPR's audience is about the same size as Rush Limbaugh's, around 20 million. I guess you could argue that there is a tax implication in that I dont pay taxes on the money I pay to NPR.

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1979
Location : Ft Wayne

Back to top Go down

Re: Just when you thought she couldnt get dumber, Palin delivers...

Post  Scooby01_98 on Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:05 pm

Pez wrote:yup... that's exactly what I meant. The majority of NPR's funding comes from listeners. NPR's audience is about the same size as Rush Limbaugh's, around 20 million. I guess you could argue that there is a tax implication in that I dont pay taxes on the money I pay to NPR.

So no taxpayer money. Glad you agree
avatar
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1642
Location : The Fort

http://www.nola.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Just when you thought she couldnt get dumber, Palin delivers...

Post  Pez on Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:58 pm

Scooby01_98 wrote:
Pez wrote:yup... that's exactly what I meant. The majority of NPR's funding comes from listeners. NPR's audience is about the same size as Rush Limbaugh's, around 20 million. I guess you could argue that there is a tax implication in that I dont pay taxes on the money I pay to NPR.

So no taxpayer money. Glad you agree

Oh, I thought we were agreeing that Palin was a pandering idiot... man I got confused.


Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1979
Location : Ft Wayne

Back to top Go down

Re: Just when you thought she couldnt get dumber, Palin delivers...

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum