The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Obama Strikes Racial Nerve

5 posters

Go down

Obama Strikes Racial Nerve Empty Obama Strikes Racial Nerve

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:23 pm

http://www.huliq.com/10128/obama-carves-political-and-cultural-grand-canyon-racist-remarks

Black Republicans are not just calling, but emphatically demanding a presidential apology from President Barack Obama for what they are calling a racially insensitive remark he made while campaigning in Rhode Island on Monday.

Words reminiscent of a 1960’s racially and emotionally charged and divided country echoed from his mouth as he said, “We don’t mind the Republicans joining us. They can come for a ride, but they gotta sit in the back.” For a president and individual who consistently and successfully avoided race as an election issue, he has single-handedly done a complete about-face with a single sentence.

Dr. Timothy F. Johnson, head of the National Black Republican Association, explained in an email to Newsmax.com Wednesday that Obama should immediately issue an apology for what was termed an offensive reference to the Jim Crow era.

Johnson articulated his stance by stating, “Once again the president is perpetuating the racism that exists and portrayed by the so-called Civil Rights organizations and their leaders.” He went on, “Americans are sick and tired of these divisive statements the president continues to make.”

Mighty strong words there for a guy that won the Nobel PEACE Prize. Again, this is why I don't think a sitting president should be out on the campaign trail stumping for candidates from his (or her) own party. Very divisive if you ask me the way he is going about it.

Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Obama Strikes Racial Nerve Empty Re: Obama Strikes Racial Nerve

Post  Pez Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:56 pm

Some people have to bi*** about something.

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1979

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:30 pm

Pez wrote:Some people have to bi*** about something.

What, you're not going to 'splain it to us regular folk about how the POTUS is just doing his job and speaking truth, that he can do no wrong and that these black republicans have no idea what their talkin' about and they should shut up?
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:12 pm

Maybe it was a teleprompter joke, like they did with Charles Barkley on that one sports show. Or maybe just ignorance on his part. I mean he doesn't know how many states there are. How can you expect him to have a good grasp of US history?
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:43 pm

Markwes wrote:I mean he doesn't know how many states there are.

Whatta mean...he got it right Wink

The List
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Pez Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:08 am

LTRT wrote:

What, you're not going to 'splain it to us regular folk about how the POTUS is just doing his job and speaking truth, that he can do no wrong and that these black republicans have no idea what their talkin' about and they should shut up?

Nope, just saying that it's possible, perhaps, maybe, that the back of the bus comment was not a reference to the civil rights movement. People like Tim Johnson think drywall is racist because it's white on one side. You are agreeing with him? Do you personally think it was a reference to the civil rights movement, or are you just posting this stating that Obama must be playing the race card because Tim Johnson says so?

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:05 pm

Pez wrote:...that Obama must be playing the race card because Tim Johnson says so?

BHO has played the raced card ever since he came on the scene, but those with left-sided glasses on can't see that or won't admit to it...ya see it's a liberal thang. afro
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Pez Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:13 pm

Sure, whatever. I noticed you didn't actually answer my question. Do you think that this specific comment was a reference to the civil rights movement?

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:31 pm

Pez wrote:Sure, whatever. I noticed you didn't actually answer my question. Do you think that this specific comment was a reference to the civil rights movement?

YES, evidently you couldn't decipher that from my response.
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Pez Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:19 pm

LTRT wrote:
Pez wrote:Sure, whatever. I noticed you didn't actually answer my question. Do you think that this specific comment was a reference to the civil rights movement?

Reread your response. I think you have me pegged wrong. I'm sorry to not fit your bleeding heart pigeon hole... Instead of answering the question you make a general statement about Obama playing the race card and then insinuate that I dont think about things and look at the world through liberal colored glasses. I dont know why you insist on insulting me personally just because our political ideologies are different. Scooby, Cincy and I can have a good natured scrimmage and I would gladly buy both of them a beer and maybe even bail them out of jail if they needed to. You on the other hand seem to always want to pick a fight with me personally.

If you want to look at the world through those sort of glasses it's none of my business, but it doesn't mean you need to be a prick about it.

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:57 pm

Pez wrote:Reread your response. I think you have me pegged wrong.
That's funny, I just callem' like I see them.

By the looks of the NPR thread, there wasn't nothing but I am right and everybody else is wrong about the JW fiasco. Ya see, this is why it appears you have me pegged wrong. I think you've mentioned numerous times of your centrist views, but having said that, I rarely see that in your posts, outside of dogging congress, which everyone should be doing. I won't take the time to look, but show me your defense of the GOP, then I'll will gladly eat crow.

Pez wrote:...You on the other hand seem to always want to pick a fight with me personally...but it doesn't mean you need to be a prick about it.
There's nothing personal about it, Bman always used to say, 'if ya can't stand the heat, then get outta the kitchen'. Smile
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:14 pm

Pez wrote:
LTRT wrote:

Reread your response. I think you have me pegged wrong. I'm sorry to not fit your bleeding heart pigeon hole... Instead of answering the question you make a general statement about Obama playing the race card and then insinuate that I dont think about things and look at the world through liberal colored glasses. I dont know why you insist on insulting me personally just because our political ideologies are different. Scooby, Cincy and I can have a good natured scrimmage and I would gladly buy both of them a beer and maybe even bail them out of jail if they needed to. You on the other hand seem to always want to pick a fight with me personally.

If you want to look at the world through those sort of glasses it's none of my business, but it doesn't mean you need to be a prick about it.
Thanks Pez! I'd probably do the same for you...

Obama Strikes Racial Nerve 64140
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:31 pm

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:
Pez wrote:
LTRT wrote:

Thanks Pez! I'd probably do the same for you...

Obama Strikes Racial Nerve 64140
Wow, I don't think I could ever bail a Buckeye out of jail. Razz
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  awbinfortwayne Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:30 am

There are too many liberals on this board!

awbinfortwayne
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Male
Number of posts : 60

Back to top Go down

Post  Pez Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:27 pm

awbinfortwayne wrote:

There are too many liberals on this board!

I'll set you up... I think I'm the only one...

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Pez Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:00 pm

LTRT wrote:
That's funny, I just callem' like I see them.

By the looks of the NPR thread, there wasn't nothing but I am right and everybody else is wrong about the JW fiasco. Ya see, this is why it appears you have me pegged wrong. I think you've mentioned numerous times of your centrist views, but having said that, I rarely see that in your posts, outside of dogging congress, which everyone should be doing. I won't take the time to look, but show me your defense of the GOP, then I'll will gladly eat crow.

There's nothing personal about it, Bman always used to say, 'if ya can't stand the heat, then get outta the kitchen'. Smile

The NPR thread looked like I was saying I was right and everyone else is wrong because I was the only one that understands the free speech implications and the fact that there is no censorship involved here, but rather a violation of the rules dictated by Williams' employment. He's still free to speak of his irrational fear of Muslims whenever he would like.

Apparently the difference is that many in this thread seem to view the opinion that all Muslims are terrorists as rational.

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down