The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tough few days for Texas sports fans...

3 posters

Go down

Tough few days for Texas sports fans... Empty Tough few days for Texas sports fans...

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:57 am

Saturday...Longhorns lose
Sunday...Cowboys lose
Sunday...Rangers lose
Monday...Rangers lose (the game and the Series)
Monday...Texans lose on MNF to the ponies.

Aggie, how are you handling this? You're not on a bridge somewhere "contemplating" things, are you?
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Tough few days for Texas sports fans... Empty Re: Tough few days for Texas sports fans...

Post  Pez Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:13 pm

She's a closet colts fan. Everyone knows the AFC South is the Colts' division...

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1979

Back to top Go down

Tough few days for Texas sports fans... Empty Re: Tough few days for Texas sports fans...

Post  Aggie Transplant Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:54 pm

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:Saturday...Longhorns lose
Sunday...Cowboys lose
Sunday...Rangers lose
Monday...Rangers lose (the game and the Series)
Monday...Texans lose on MNF to the ponies.

Aggie, how are you handling this? You're not on a bridge somewhere "contemplating" things, are you?

Longhorns lose? YIPPEE!!!!!!! Do you know what my moniker stands for? Aggies kicked TX Tech's (and Tommy Tuberville's) ass on Saturday. It was a beautiful day to watch football - around 80 degrees -- the Longhorns losing was just icing on the cake. And losing to Baylor, no less. Hee, hee -- my cup runneth over. (That being said, I'm worried about A&M making a bowl -- they need to beat one of the following: Nebraska, Baylor @Waco, Texas @ Austin, or Oklahoma.) Baylor, amazingly, looks pretty good this year. Guess Art Briles is a better coach than I thought.

And yes, I was rooting for the Rangers, but I didn't care a whole lot. Now, the 'Stros, that would have been another story. (got to go to a game in Chi when the Sox beat the 'Stros; it was great just being there. Better if they'd won, of course.)

Cowboys?? That's another "YIPPEE!!" from me -- I cannot stand them. Maybe it's the in-state rivalry, maybe it's the fact my brother is a rabid fan.

Now, last night -- that made me sad. Not bridge-standing, wrist-slitting sad, but I thought the Texans should have played better. It was amazing how well the Colts did given all of their injuries. But.....I am a Kubiak fan if for no other reason than he was the QB at A&M when I started there. (All things come back to A&M.)

Closet Colts fan? Nah, but if they're playing someone I don't care about, I'll root for the Colts. Nice thought, Pez. And not so sure it's the Colts' division; we'll see where everything ends up in December.

Aggie Transplant
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Female
Number of posts : 1124

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down