The Election

Go down

The Election

Post  Pez on Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:10 am

Boehner suggest that we have sent a message to Obama to 'change course.' I agree... I actually happy that the house is under republican control. I dont look forward to Boehner's voice and tan for the Next few years, but all told, this will bring Obama back toward the middle and if republicans know what is good for them they will move toward the middle as well.

I'm very skeptical that the republicans will actually cut spending in any substantive way.

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1979
Location : Ft Wayne

Back to top Go down

Re: The Election

Post  Cincy Fan 44 on Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:15 pm

I have a feeling if the Republicans don't, they'll get the heave-hoh in 2 years again.

_________________
Life...what a great choice.
avatar
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852
Location : Wherever you can gird your loins

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Election

Post  Markwes on Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:04 pm

Pez wrote:I'm very skeptical that the republicans will actually cut spending in any substantive way.
You could very well be right. As for me, I would just like to see spending controlled.
avatar
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096
Age : 53
Location : asylum

Back to top Go down

Re: The Election

Post  Scooby01_98 on Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:29 pm

Boehner voice & tan will be no worse to liberals than Peloski botox and dumb remarks were to conservatives.

Will they cut programs as deep as need to be cut, no, they will have to work with the senate that is still in Dems hands. Hopefully they can get somethings done, some programs cut. A health care plan that doesn't destroy businesses and punish/force people to buy what they don't want; while keeping two major components of removing caps and dropping coverage.

Maybe we will get the flat tax, immigration reform where the federal gov't does it duty instead of suing it's own states for enforcing the federal code. Maybe congress will actually read the bills before voting on them.
avatar
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1642
Location : The Fort

http://www.nola.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Election

Post  LTRT on Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:54 pm

Scooby01_98 wrote:Peloski botox and dumb remarks were to conservatives.

Speaker Nancy Pelosi Says She Has 'No Regrets'

She keeps them coming...just for you Scooby. Razz

(don't bother wasting your time) Very Happy
avatar
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Re: The Election

Post  Aggie Transplant on Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:04 pm

Scooby01_98 wrote:...Maybe we will get the flat tax....

No flat tax please - I'd be out of a job.

Aggie Transplant
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Female
Number of posts : 1124
Location : Houston, TX

Back to top Go down

Re: The Election

Post  awbinfortwayne on Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:23 am

Pez wrote:Boehner suggest that we have sent a message to Obama to 'change course.' I agree... I actually happy that the house is under republican control. I dont look forward to Boehner's voice and tan for the Next few years, but all told, this will bring Obama back toward the middle and if republicans know what is good for them they will move toward the middle as well.

I'm very skeptical that the republicans will actually cut spending in any substantive way.

I agree with you about the skeptism. I'm skeptical about anything congress says its going to do. I disagree with you about the repubs moving towards the middle. If anything, this election was about rejecting Obamacare, bank bailouts, auto-industry bailouts, cap and trade, DEBT, DEBT, DEBT, and SPENDING!!!

I think the repubs should listen to the voters and repeal healthcare, eliminate deficit spending, put a plan together to eliminate our national debt, pledge to no longer bailout industries, and reject cap and trade. If the repubs do all of this and be more business friendly with taxes, something else Obama doesn't get the picture on, then JOBS, JOBS, JOBS will be created!!!

In summary, Obama doesn't need to move to the middle. He needs to listen to the voters!!!!

awbinfortwayne
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Male
Number of posts : 60
Location : FORT WAYNE!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Re: The Election

Post  Pez on Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:40 am

awbinfortwayne wrote:
Pez wrote:Boehner suggest that we have sent a message to Obama to 'change course.' I agree... I actually happy that the house is under republican control. I dont look forward to Boehner's voice and tan for the Next few years, but all told, this will bring Obama back toward the middle and if republicans know what is good for them they will move toward the middle as well.

I'm very skeptical that the republicans will actually cut spending in any substantive way.

I agree with you about the skeptism. I'm skeptical about anything congress says its going to do. I disagree with you about the repubs moving towards the middle. If anything, this election was about rejecting Obamacare, bank bailouts, auto-industry bailouts, cap and trade, DEBT, DEBT, DEBT, and SPENDING!!!

I think the repubs should listen to the voters and repeal healthcare, eliminate deficit spending, put a plan together to eliminate our national debt, pledge to no longer bailout industries, and reject cap and trade. If the repubs do all of this and be more business friendly with taxes, something else Obama doesn't get the picture on, then JOBS, JOBS, JOBS will be created!!!

That's all they gotta do huh? I'm not sure how they can do that when their 'pledge' includes lowering taxes and cutting spending on everything except 80% of the budget :-) We shall see...

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1979
Location : Ft Wayne

Back to top Go down

Re: The Election

Post  awbinfortwayne on Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:49 am

Pez wrote:
awbinfortwayne wrote:
Pez wrote:Boehner suggest that we have sent a message to Obama to 'change course.' I agree... I actually happy that the house is under republican control. I dont look forward to Boehner's voice and tan for the Next few years, but all told, this will bring Obama back toward the middle and if republicans know what is good for them they will move toward the middle as well.

I'm very skeptical that the republicans will actually cut spending in any substantive way.

I agree with you about the skeptism. I'm skeptical about anything congress says its going to do. I disagree with you about the repubs moving towards the middle. If anything, this election was about rejecting Obamacare, bank bailouts, auto-industry bailouts, cap and trade, DEBT, DEBT, DEBT, and SPENDING!!!

I think the repubs should listen to the voters and repeal healthcare, eliminate deficit spending, put a plan together to eliminate our national debt, pledge to no longer bailout industries, and reject cap and trade. If the repubs do all of this and be more business friendly with taxes, something else Obama doesn't get the picture on, then JOBS, JOBS, JOBS will be created!!!

That's all they gotta do huh? I'm not sure how they can do that when their 'pledge' includes lowering taxes and cutting spending on everything except 80% of the budget :-) We shall see...

I'd put 100% of the budget on the table. Social security, medicare, everything. Cut spending and at some point tax increase must be instituted as long as all the revenue generated from the increases pays down the national debt. Tough choice need to be made and we can no longer afford liberal handouts! 14 trillion in debt! I'm willing to pay more in taxes to eliminate it. What about you!!

awbinfortwayne
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Male
Number of posts : 60
Location : FORT WAYNE!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Re: The Election

Post  Pez on Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:39 am

I agree with you 100%. Why exactly did you vote republican? The two pillars of their agenda are to cut spending on 20% of the budget, and to extend permanently the bush era tax cuts. Somehow in there they are going to create jobs and make enough money to pay down the debt.

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1979
Location : Ft Wayne

Back to top Go down

Re: The Election

Post  Scooby01_98 on Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:57 pm

Aggie Transplant wrote:
Scooby01_98 wrote:...Maybe we will get the flat tax....

No flat tax please - I'd be out of a job.

See that is the problem. The flat tax would be good for everyone (well except criminals, since they would start paying taxes on their ill gotten booty) as everyone would pay there fair share. Just because a couple of CPA's that only do income tax work (I am assuming here that is what you do, since you are against it) would have to diversify into other accounting functions. So we shouldn't improve the tax system for everyone including you personally, just because of a few.
avatar
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1642
Location : The Fort

http://www.nola.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Election

Post  awbinfortwayne on Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:26 pm

Pez wrote:I agree with you 100%. Why exactly did you vote republican? The two pillars of their agenda are to cut spending on 20% of the budget, and to extend permanently the bush era tax cuts. Somehow in there they are going to create jobs and make enough money to pay down the debt.

But they are starting somewhere. The current administration just wants to spend, spend, spend our way out of a recession. If you are in debt, you stop digging the hole. I'm also not happy with the healthcare bill. Some parts I like but the fact that it got jammed through congress with a lot of representatives taking the time to read the bill bothers me. I also think Obama is very arrogant. I think he is someone who charmed his way into the presidency and now his charm has worn off and it's obvious he's not up to the job.

Vote them all out in 2012 if we can't get this ship turned around.

awbinfortwayne
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Male
Number of posts : 60
Location : FORT WAYNE!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Re: The Election

Post  thejoker on Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:32 am

awbinfortwayne wrote:
Pez wrote:I agree with you 100%. Why exactly did you vote republican? The two pillars of their agenda are to cut spending on 20% of the budget, and to extend permanently the bush era tax cuts. Somehow in there they are going to create jobs and make enough money to pay down the debt.

But they are starting somewhere. The current administration just wants to spend, spend, spend our way out of a recession. If you are in debt, you stop digging the hole. I'm also not happy with the healthcare bill. Some parts I like but the fact that it got jammed through congress with a lot of representatives taking the time to read the bill bothers me. I also think Obama is very arrogant. I think he is someone who charmed his way into the presidency and now his charm has worn off and it's obvious he's not up to the job.

Vote them all out in 2012 if we can't get this ship turned around.

OK this might be the most hilarious post of the year ... "Obama is very arrogant" ... this is after George W. Bush, who the fluck is more arrogrant Junior Bush or Obama. Crawl back in your racist hole would you!

thejoker
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Male
Number of posts : 43
Location : New Albany, Ohio

Back to top Go down

Re: The Election

Post  thejoker on Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:35 am

Scooby01_98 wrote:
Aggie Transplant wrote:
Scooby01_98 wrote:...Maybe we will get the flat tax....

No flat tax please - I'd be out of a job.

See that is the problem. The flat tax would be good for everyone (well except criminals, since they would start paying taxes on their ill gotten booty) as everyone would pay there fair share. Just because a couple of CPA's that only do income tax work (I am assuming here that is what you do, since you are against it) would have to diversify into other accounting functions. So we shouldn't improve the tax system for everyone including you personally, just because of a few.

Problem with the flat tax is people previously paying something less than the tax structure due to deductions will not be paying more and the rich at the top will be paying a far smaller % of their income. Most Americans think the rich should pay more, we just disagree on how much more the rich should pay.

thejoker
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Male
Number of posts : 43
Location : New Albany, Ohio

Back to top Go down

Re: The Election

Post  Scooby01_98 on Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:02 pm

thejoker wrote:

Problem with the flat tax is people previously paying something less than the tax structure due to deductions will not be paying more and the rich at the top will be paying a far smaller % of their income. Most Americans think the rich should pay more, we just disagree on how much more the rich should pay.

That depends. The rich make most of there money off of their investments which is about a 15% rate. The flat tax would be at least 17% on what they spend, so it would be more of there money for the gov't, as they won't need to hide their income.
avatar
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1642
Location : The Fort

http://www.nola.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Election

Post  awbinfortwayne on Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:34 am

thejoker wrote:
awbinfortwayne wrote:
Pez wrote:I agree with you 100%. Why exactly did you vote republican? The two pillars of their agenda are to cut spending on 20% of the budget, and to extend permanently the bush era tax cuts. Somehow in there they are going to create jobs and make enough money to pay down the debt.

But they are starting somewhere. The current administration just wants to spend, spend, spend our way out of a recession. If you are in debt, you stop digging the hole. I'm also not happy with the healthcare bill. Some parts I like but the fact that it got jammed through congress with a lot of representatives taking the time to read the bill bothers me. I also think Obama is very arrogant. I think he is someone who charmed his way into the presidency and now his charm has worn off and it's obvious he's not up to the job.

Vote them all out in 2012 if we can't get this ship turned around.

OK this might be the most hilarious post of the year ... "Obama is very arrogant" ... this is after George W. Bush, who the fluck is more arrogrant Junior Bush or Obama. Crawl back in your racist hole would you!

It's my opinion asshole. If you don't like it then shut the fluck up.


Last edited by awbinfortwayne on Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:32 am; edited 1 time in total

awbinfortwayne
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Male
Number of posts : 60
Location : FORT WAYNE!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Re: The Election

Post  awbinfortwayne on Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:32 am

thejoker wrote:
Scooby01_98 wrote:
Aggie Transplant wrote:
Scooby01_98 wrote:...Maybe we will get the flat tax....

No flat tax please - I'd be out of a job.

See that is the problem. The flat tax would be good for everyone (well except criminals, since they would start paying taxes on their ill gotten booty) as everyone would pay there fair share. Just because a couple of CPA's that only do income tax work (I am assuming here that is what you do, since you are against it) would have to diversify into other accounting functions. So we shouldn't improve the tax system for everyone including you personally, just because of a few.

Problem with the flat tax is people previously paying something less than the tax structure due to deductions will not be paying more and the rich at the top will be paying a far smaller % of their income. Most Americans think the rich should pay more, we just disagree on how much more the rich should pay.

Most Americans think the rich should pay more??? How do you know. Have you asked everybody? No wonder you call yourself the joker because you are a flucking lunatic.

awbinfortwayne
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Male
Number of posts : 60
Location : FORT WAYNE!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Re: The Election

Post  thejoker on Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:34 am

awbinfortwayne wrote:
thejoker wrote:
awbinfortwayne wrote:
Pez wrote:I agree with you 100%. Why exactly did you vote republican? The two pillars of their agenda are to cut spending on 20% of the budget, and to extend permanently the bush era tax cuts. Somehow in there they are going to create jobs and make enough money to pay down the debt.

But they are starting somewhere. The current administration just wants to spend, spend, spend our way out of a recession. If you are in debt, you stop digging the hole. I'm also not happy with the healthcare bill. Some parts I like but the fact that it got jammed through congress with a lot of representatives taking the time to read the bill bothers me. I also think Obama is very arrogant. I think he is someone who charmed his way into the presidency and now his charm has worn off and it's obvious he's not up to the job.

Vote them all out in 2012 if we can't get this ship turned around.

OK this might be the most hilarious post of the year ... "Obama is very arrogant" ... this is after George W. Bush, who the fluck is more arrogrant Junior Bush or Obama. Crawl back in your racist hole would you!

It's my opinion asshole. If you don't like it then shut the fluck up.

Wow Kettle ... You are quick to pass judgement on people's opinions around here but now pissy acting when your comments get criticized.

thejoker
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Male
Number of posts : 43
Location : New Albany, Ohio

Back to top Go down

Re: The Election

Post  thejoker on Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:37 am

awbinfortwayne wrote:
thejoker wrote:
Scooby01_98 wrote:
Aggie Transplant wrote:
Scooby01_98 wrote:...Maybe we will get the flat tax....

No flat tax please - I'd be out of a job.

See that is the problem. The flat tax would be good for everyone (well except criminals, since they would start paying taxes on their ill gotten booty) as everyone would pay there fair share. Just because a couple of CPA's that only do income tax work (I am assuming here that is what you do, since you are against it) would have to diversify into other accounting functions. So we shouldn't improve the tax system for everyone including you personally, just because of a few.

Problem with the flat tax is people previously paying something less than the tax structure due to deductions will not be paying more and the rich at the top will be paying a far smaller % of their income. Most Americans think the rich should pay more, we just disagree on how much more the rich should pay.

Most Americans think the rich should pay more??? How do you know. Have you asked everybody? No wonder you call yourself the joker because you are a flucking lunatic.

rather be a flucking lunatic than a raging racist.

thejoker
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Male
Number of posts : 43
Location : New Albany, Ohio

Back to top Go down

Re: The Election

Post  awbinfortwayne on Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:57 pm

thejoker wrote:
awbinfortwayne wrote:
thejoker wrote:
Scooby01_98 wrote:
Aggie Transplant wrote:
Scooby01_98 wrote:...Maybe we will get the flat tax....

No flat tax please - I'd be out of a job.

See that is the problem. The flat tax would be good for everyone (well except criminals, since they would start paying taxes on their ill gotten booty) as everyone would pay there fair share. Just because a couple of CPA's that only do income tax work (I am assuming here that is what you do, since you are against it) would have to diversify into other accounting functions. So we shouldn't improve the tax system for everyone including you personally, just because of a few.

Problem with the flat tax is people previously paying something less than the tax structure due to deductions will not be paying more and the rich at the top will be paying a far smaller % of their income. Most Americans think the rich should pay more, we just disagree on how much more the rich should pay.

Most Americans think the rich should pay more??? How do you know. Have you asked everybody? No wonder you call yourself the joker because you are a flucking lunatic.

rather be a flucking lunatic than a raging racist.

In order to have a preference you must have had experience doing both. Somethings you should keep to yourself.

awbinfortwayne
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Male
Number of posts : 60
Location : FORT WAYNE!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Re: The Election

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum