The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Corruption in the house? YES!

4 posters

Go down

Corruption in the house? YES! Empty Corruption in the house? YES!

Post  Mort Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:51 pm

John Boehner is one the republicans who is on the take, he took big tobacco money and handed it out on the floor, he is in the top ten of those taking money from the drug and insurance companies

Health insurance companies and their employees contributed $2.2 million to the top 10 recipients in the House and Senate since 2005, while drug makers and their employees gave more than $3.3 million to top lawmakers during that period, according to an analysis of federal elections data by Consumer Watchdog, a California-based advocacy group. Who benefitted?

•Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.), received $546,000
•Sen. Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) received $425,000
•Sen. Max Baucus (D-Mont.) received $413,000
•Rep John Boehner (R-Ohio) received $257,000
•Rep Eric Cantor (R-Va.) received $249,000
•Rep. Earl Pomeroy (D-N.D.) received $104,000
•Rep. John D. Dingell (D-Mich.) received $180,000
Most Americans know the banks and energy companies have been powerful lobbyist in Washington but the Health Insurance lobbyists have quietly become one of the largest as well and have spent nearly $1 billion dollars in just two years and are stepping up their efforts to buy influence in Congress in order to put their profits over the health and well-being of American children, families and senior citizens.

I would have never believed that McConnell, McCain , Cantor, Boehner and the others on the list above took payoffs opps I mean donations from the drug and insurance companies

You know what they say for every rat you see there are one hundred you did not see, don't you just have to question thier desire to destroy health care reform.?

Boehner hands out 'tobacco checks' on floor of House
In late June of 1995 then-GOP Conference Chairman John Boehner handed out "about a half-dozen" checks from the political action committee of tobacco company Brown & Williamson Corp. to fellow Republicans on the floor of the House.

Boehner's chief of staff Barry Jackson stated, "We were trying to help guys who needed to get their June 30th numbers up, their cash-on-hand numbers up. All leadership does this. We have to raise money for people and help them raise money."

Boehner was forced to stop handed out the checks when two freshmen Republicans, "appalled by it," confronted him and voiced their displeasure. Boehner's reaction was one of tempered apology, "I thought, 'Yeah, I can imagine why somebody would be upset. It sure doesn't look good.' It's not an excuse, but the floor is the only place you get to see your colleagues. It was a matter of convenience. You make a mistake, admit it and go on. I just feel bad about it." (Associated Press, 5/10/96)
cheers study
Mort
Mort
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 1400

https://therealboard.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Corruption in the house? YES! Empty Re: Corruption in the house? YES!

Post  Mort Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:27 pm

SO no views on this topic?

Are all republicans honest?
Mort
Mort
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 1400

https://therealboard.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:10 pm

Mort wrote:SO no views on this topic?

Are all republicans honest?
I don't like it but I have to believe it happens with all politicians in Congress whether there's an R or a D next to their name. I'm not sure why we should be more appalled at politicians getting money from tobacco and heath insurance than any other big business. Unless we regulate it some way, that's the way it's going to be. And of course Congree would have to be the ones to regulate it. Wink

And Mort, do you have any sources that are less than 15 years old? Very Happy
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:55 pm

And by the way, I would like to know who gets the most money from unions. I'm pretty confident that you won't see a lot of Republicans on THAT list. Talk about corruption. I was a union member for 7 years and I can remember when it came time to vote for union officers, they would send you the information and then tell you who to vote for, uh, sorry, who they "recommended".
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooby01_98 Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:08 am

Wow you found it all the way from 1996!!!! By the way there are D's in your list from the past.
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1642

http://www.nola.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Pez Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:22 am

Scooby01_98 wrote:Wow you found it all the way from 1996!!!! By the way there are D's in your list from the past.

There was a story about Boehner doing the check thing on the Floor in rolling stone a couple months ago. I think if anyone coule look at the books of any of these guys and be able to divine where the money comes from we would be even more shocked. This kind of thing has to just be the tip of the icebrg, and the really scary stuff doesn't make the newspapers.

Given the crisis we are in now, sooner or later Congress and the president will have to (at least ostensibly) do their jobs.

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1979

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:22 am