The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NOLA still rebuilding

3 posters

Go down

NOLA still rebuilding Empty NOLA still rebuilding

Post  Scooby01_98 Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:41 pm

Went down to visit the wife's family last week. Somethings never change, traffic is horrific, seafood is the best it has ever been (although some restaurants are gouging, charging extra for shrimp and oyster dishes) while others are holding there menu prices.

The rebuilding is really hodgepodge. Her uncle that lives in Chalmette is the only one that has rebuilt within a 3 block area of where he lives, the rest is just slabs where houses used to be. Other neighbor hoods in Jefferson Parrish have fully came back. While some NOLA neighborhoods (middle class)are still a mix. You have a remodeled house next to a house being remodeled, next to a vacant lot, next to a house that hasn't been touched and remains deserted. The levees are still being raised, as they complete a section move on then have to go back and raise them again as it has already re sunk.

Still a great place to visit.

Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1642

http://www.nola.com

Back to top Go down

NOLA still rebuilding Empty Re: NOLA still rebuilding

Post  IrishGuy Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:46 am

I've never been down there but it's on my list. I love food, and New Orleans is obviously a great place for food.

I can definitely see people's apprehension with rebuilding their homes there. If I lost everything I had to a hurricane, it would be difficult to redo right on the exact same location.
IrishGuy
IrishGuy
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1511

Back to top Go down

Post  Aggie Transplant Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:48 pm

I think we're headed there right after Christmas -- haven't been there since pre-Katrina.

Aggie Transplant
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Female
Number of posts : 1124

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooby01_98 Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:44 am

Aggie Transplant wrote:I think we're headed there right after Christmas -- haven't been there since pre-Katrina.

You will have a great time there. Already missing CC's coffee shops and the seafood.
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1642

http://www.nola.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down