The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

College Bowl Games!

3 posters

Go down

College Bowl Games! Empty College Bowl Games!

Post  Aggie Transplant Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:47 pm

I love college bowl games normally, but I'm not excited about many this year; don't know why. I love A&M, but their matchup against LSU is a little over their heads. The Cotton Bowl picked A&M ahead of worthier Big 12 contenders not only because they had a great finish to their season, but because Aggies buy tickets. (In theory, Cotton Bowl should have picked the loser of the Big 12 Title game, which was Nebraska. Cotton Bowl picked A&M even before the game was played.) I am a little concerned about their chances against LSU -- depends on which LSU team shows up. LSU is the opposite of A&M -- they played worse as the season progressed. But the game is Jan. 7, and my husband has to be back teaching school so we couldn't buy tickets. I wish they wouldn't drag these games out as long as they do.

I am looking forward to the Cotton Bowl, and to Wisconsin/TCU. Not that I'm a big fan of either the Badgers or Horned Frogs, but I'm curious to see if TCU will prove its undefeated season is not a fluke. And against who better than the Badgers, who trounced most of their opponents?

I think Ohio State (ranked #2 in the bowling rankings below) will beat Arkansas pretty handily.

Thoughts, anyone?

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootball/story/college-football-bowl-games-capsules-and-analysis-120810

Aggie Transplant
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Female
Number of posts : 1124

Back to top Go down

College Bowl Games! Empty Re: College Bowl Games!

Post  Scooby01_98 Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:58 pm

Not really a college football fan, I like the pro version better. Maybe if college football would have a playoff for #1, I would enjoy it more. Hoping TCU takes out the Badgers just so they have to have a shared trophy. Hey both teams would be unbeaten, TCU and the winner of the other game deserve to share.

LSU I believe will win against A&M, SEC much tougher conference and LSU seems to live for bowl games.

Hoping Mallet (the former Michigan QB, before RR) takes out osu.
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1642

http://www.nola.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Aggie Transplant Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:21 pm

You're two for three, Scoob. Hey, LSU should have played like that against Arkansas....... Damn.

Aggie Transplant
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Female
Number of posts : 1124

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:19 pm

Just glad my Buckeyes won!!!!
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down