The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where are the Jobs, Mr Boehner?

4 posters

Go down

Where are the Jobs, Mr Boehner? Empty Where are the Jobs, Mr Boehner?

Post  Pez Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:08 am

I just could't resist. Pretending to try and repeal Healthcare, cut a little spending. They are now faced with the busiwork of raising the debt ceiling so they can keep getting paid (among other things, of course).

So where is the GOP jobs bill?

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1979

Back to top Go down

Where are the Jobs, Mr Boehner? Empty Re: Where are the Jobs, Mr Boehner?

Post  LTRT Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:21 pm

Pez wrote:I just could't resist. Pretending to try and repeal Healthcare, cut a little spending. They are now faced with the busiwork of raising the debt ceiling so they can keep getting paid (among other things, of course).

Will.i.am says it's up to BHO Razz
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Pez Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:40 pm

LTRT wrote:
Pez wrote:I just could't resist. Pretending to try and repeal Healthcare, cut a little spending. They are now faced with the busiwork of raising the debt ceiling so they can keep getting paid (among other things, of course).

Who?

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:57 pm

Pez wrote:
LTRT wrote:

Who?
Did you click the link? geek
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Pez Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:14 pm

Oh gotcha... the guy with the plastic hair helmet. Right. Yeah.

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooby01_98 Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:12 pm

Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1642

http://www.nola.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Pez Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:18 pm

Scooby01_98 wrote:Well according to the Dems the bill signed that continued the current tax rates. That the Dems loaded up on was a stimulus bill i.e. jobs bill

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tax_Relief,_Unemployment_Insurance_Reauthorization,_and_Job_Creation_Act_of_2010

http://topics.nytimes.com/top/reference/timestopics/subjects/u/united_states_economy/economic_stimulus/index.html

Yea, that's kinda where I am confused. The GOP rallies around creating jobs, and they have engaged in spending bills and the legislative facade that is the repeal of healthcare. The American pulibc has spoken and sent the Dems out of the house... sooner or Later they have to (at least ostensibly), do their jobs.

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:02 pm

LTRT wrote:

"In America we need to get things straight / Obama, let's get these kids educated / Create jobs so the country stays stimulated."

Wow, that's profound. Very Happy
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:08 pm

Pez wrote:
Scooby01_98 wrote:Well according to the Dems the bill signed that continued the current tax rates. That the Dems loaded up on was a stimulus bill i.e. jobs bill

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tax_Relief,_Unemployment_Insurance_Reauthorization,_and_Job_Creation_Act_of_2010

http://topics.nytimes.com/top/reference/timestopics/subjects/u/united_states_economy/economic_stimulus/index.html

Yea, that's kinda where I am confused. The GOP rallies around creating jobs, and they have engaged in spending bills and the legislative facade that is the repeal of healthcare. The American pulibc has spoken and sent the Dems out of the house... sooner or Later they have to (at least ostensibly), do their jobs.
I wasn't aware that the GOP rallied around creating jobs, but that could very well be. Truth is no one can create jobs, at least not substantially. The key is to not get in the way of capitalism.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down