The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mitch at CPAC

2 posters

Go down

Mitch at CPAC Empty Mitch at CPAC

Post  Pez Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:23 pm

Does anyone know how he did? I wanted to catch some of his speech, but it's hard to wade through all the tripe. I read an op-ed piece yesterday that had a short blurb to the effect of "lacking celebrity but not intelligence, the diminutive, balding governor of Indiana focused on helping those that are on the first step of life's ladder..."

Anyone else hear anything?

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1979

Back to top Go down

Mitch at CPAC Empty Re: Mitch at CPAC

Post  Pez Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:03 pm

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooby01_98 Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:30 pm

Pretty much an unknown. I believe he got under 5% in the straw poll. Just doesn't have the name recognition in fly over country.
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1642

http://www.nola.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Pez Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:02 pm

Interesting that the JG ran the editorial I linked to in today's paper. If I were Dan Turkette I would say that the JG owed me for composing their op ed page.

I find that he is the only practical candidate on the GOP side, yet his "soft" stance on social issues (read: abortion) means he's a pariah (or worse, simple an unknown). The GOP could unseat Obama if they get out of their own way long enough to do it. As it stands now, I just don't see it happening. If they were to nominate someone like Daniels instead of Bachmann, Palin, Romney or Paul, they would put forth a candidate that could stand up to Obama's intellect.

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down