The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Onion Rings

2 posters

Go down

Onion Rings Empty Onion Rings

Post  Aggie Transplant Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:01 pm

I think we need a topic that is completely frivolous and without any serious content whatsoever, so I will start.

Onion rings -- one of my favorite guilty pleasures. I like the kind with thick onions, not the shoestring kind, but as long as they're good, I'll eat either.

Popeye's used to make good ones (hint of spice), but most of their stores don't seem to carry them any more. Burger King - too tough a shell. Jack in the Box (realizing there aren't any of these in Indiana) - batter has no flavor.

My favorite onion rings are from Pappadeaux, but there aren't many of these restaurants outside of Houston's. They add cayenne to the batter -- yummy.

Anyone else?

Aggie Transplant
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Female
Number of posts : 1124

Back to top Go down

Onion Rings Empty Re: Onion Rings

Post  Scooby01_98 Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:57 am

I like them every now and then, forget the supermarket variety. I want the restaraunt ones. To my surprise the Blue gate has some great onion rings.
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1642

http://www.nola.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Aggie Transplant Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:50 pm

we also like the Tower of Rings at Red Robin. Maybe not so much for the quality of the rings, but for the dipping sauces. Yum.

Aggie Transplant
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Female
Number of posts : 1124

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum