The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Supposed Recovery

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Supposed Recovery - Page 2 Empty Re: The Supposed Recovery

Post  Pez Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:50 am

LTRT wrote:634 today...
Meanwhile...back at the ranch

It will gain it back in 3-4 weeks.

Back on topic tho... Have you ever seen as large a failure of government as the past three weeks? Good god it's the most dysfunctional as I have ever seen it. I lose $20,000 and the Dem blame the republicans the republicans blame the dems... they are both right. All of them suck... Obama, Reid, Boehner....

Interestingly, it wasnt too many years ago that Standard and Poors stamping AAA ratings on these funny things they call "Mortgage Backed Securities"... Sometimes truth is fiction.

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1979

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:41 pm

Pez wrote:
LTRT wrote:634 today...
Meanwhile...back at the ranch

It will gain it back in 3-4 weeks.

Back on topic tho... Have you ever seen as large a failure of government as the past three weeks? Good god it's the most dysfunctional as I have ever seen it. I lose $20,000 and the Dem blame the republicans the republicans blame the dems... they are both right. All of them suck... Obama, Reid, Boehner....

Interestingly, it wasnt too many years ago that Standard and Poors stamping AAA ratings on these funny things they call "Mortgage Backed Securities"... Sometimes truth is fiction.
I hear ya there. I just wonder if we can place much blame on the current politicians, Dems or Repubs, for the fiasco we have with the debt ceiling and rating. Seems to me past administrations and Congresses kept adding to the problem and it finally came to a head. Not that I disagree about your assessment of the current batch...
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooby01_98 Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:14 pm

Pez wrote:
Both the white house and the congress screwed us with the debt ceiling BS. It just amazes me how stupid all of them can be. I miss real conservative politics. The tea party has power because the republicans need their votes.

The house, senate and president are all engaged in a pile of steaming nonsense. It's not exactly fair to blame the white house alone, there's enough blame in the mess to go around to everyone.

The political stalemates all started back in 2009. When the Dems ran roughshod over everything and excluded everything the republicans wanted. Remember Obama's and Peloski's statement "elections have consequences". By starting out with that attitude, the closed door meetings it brewed resentment. Remember all the liberals sreaming the republicans are the party of NO!!! Well now who is the party of NO? The democratic senate has proposed no budget for 2011 & 2012. We are technically running on a CR it just goes thru the 2011 fiscal year.

Meanwhile the house has passed a budget, the senate voted it down but where is the senate amended bill that would be sent to the house/senate reconciliation committee. (key the crickets). The house passed several debt ceiling bills, the senate voted them down, but did the senate amend any of those passed house bills to send it to the reconcilation committee. (key crickets again).

Boehner was even willing to close some tax loopholes and stop some subsidies, but 900 billion wasn't enough for Obama.

I think it is crap that the republicans gave in on the FAA bill. They should have stopped all the subsidy to the airlines just to keep small airports open.

While I don't agree with everything the republican have passed, it is a far cry from what the Dems have shoved down our throats in the past couple of years.
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1642

http://www.nola.com

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:15 pm

LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:27 pm

LTRT wrote:Obama Promises Jobs in Michigan After a Week of Economic Turbulence The Supposed Recovery - Page 2 496511 he's been sayin that for 2 1/2 yrs. lol!
Glad he found time to reassure the masses before his vacation.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2